“Typical Marriott, Slow Internet”

Courtyard Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Santa Clara
“Typical Marriott, Slow Internet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

You get what you get when it comes to Marriotts. Rooms and service were good. Friendly staff when I walked in and the room was clean. The best thing about Marriott is that you know what your getting yourself into. They are very consistant in their room cleanlyness and service. The only thing I found different at this Marriott was the internet speed was slow for most of the day and night. I don't know if this was a one time thing or what but I was highly dissapointed.
I can say that as a business person I need a fast connection to the internet so that I can get work done while away from the office.
If this was a leisure trip I would of been very pleased with the service and quality of the hotel. The location is near a mall and the freeway. This part was very pleasing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

The hotel was located just 5 mins away from streets of tanasbourne. The rooms were pretty good and the most i liked was the options available in breakfast are good. The hotel provided me shuttle to my office / restaurents. Its conveinen location. The front desk is freidnly

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — price per night is littlebit high at the time of recession
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Close to Tanasbourne shopping area, has shuttle bus. We didn't get breakfast since their b&b specvial was $15 more instead of the $10 more at other Courtyard Marriots. Convenient location, next to Old Spaghetti Factory, Theatres, Bank, Restaurants such as Red Robin

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

Typically average Courtyard Hotel, stuck in the middle of nowhere. Good if you have a car but you're in trouble if you haven't. No bar or restaurant on site, other than breakfast.
Rooms ok but no more than that. Staff try to be friendly in what can only be a pretty boring location. Would only stay there again if I have to. Otherwise would stay elsewhere, make sure I have a car and be willing to travel a little.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

Having travelled there in about 4 times in a year, the staff remembered my likings, my preferences and knows when I usually ask for shuttle and not. Very personal and friendly front desk - its my home away from home!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

Okay, after reading all the reviews, I have to admit, I was a bit nervous about this hotel. We were staying at the Marriott / Oak St which I thought was GREAT, but decided to extend our trip. As it was the 4th of July weekend, they were all booked, so we had to go to the Marriott in Hillsboro. Yes, it was a ways out, but the building really wasn't that bad. The color scheme was a bit dull, but they have touched it up with nice clean paint. The bathroom wasn't all that bad. The room was a good size, and the beds were rather comfortable. Not as comfortable or as clean as the Oak St location, but then again you're not paying $29 for parking AND there is a hot tub and swimming pool here. So, what you get in one, you lose in the other. I thought this place didn't meet up to the 3 star rating (no fridge - I believe unless you ask) and walls were a bit thin, but they've spiffed it up nicely enough that I would stay there again (if the Oak St location weren't available or another Marriott weren't available.) The breakfast buffet wasn't worth the $10 we paid for it. What you're getting is really the same breakfast they used to offer for free: 2 types of scrambled eggs, fresh waffles, cereal, a few fruit options, yogurt, biscuits and gravy, coffee, orange juice, apple juice, and cranberry juice. That's pretty much it. (By the way, this is not a restaurant, just the lob
Would I recommend this to a friend? Maybe, then again, maybe not. Stay at the Marriott on Oak Street!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Christina N
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

Just back from a two night stay at Courtyard by Marriott Hillsboro.

I was met by a smiling and cordial person at the desk who had me checked in promptly.

I was given a room on the first floor opposite the elevators and a door to the parking lot.
Yes, there was noise that would be associated with the close proximity to the elevators from guests having their ups and downs but it was not distracting to the extent that it kept me from sleep and the easy in and out to the parking lot cancelled out the minus of the elevators.

The room was dated but not dirty. The hotel was probablly constructed in ihe Regan era and if I listened closely I could almost hear the room say.."please remodel me".

Conspicous by thier absence was a microwave and fridge. For some reason this did not bother me. Having read negative reviews about this property from other TA ers I was thankful for a heating system that worked, plumbing that was operational and a bed that was excepionally comfortable. Oh yeah and the wi fi was fine and came at no addtional charge.

Was I a patsy for not reporting the missing microwave and fridge to the front desk?
Probably.

But either I have become too forgiving of lodging standards, or I am flat out lazy, or just don't give care..probably all of the above.

The hotel is in a very quiet gigantic office park with manicured, treed, lawned and flowered surroundings. Joggers and walkers will not find a better place with sidewaks that go on forever.

Great location a half mile off the freeway. A cinema across the street, bookoo fast food and sit down restaurants and shopping malls nearby.and a giant bonus for me ......a .Trader Joes a 10 minute stroll down the street. 25 minutes to downtown Portland an hour or so to the ocean beaches.

In its heyday this place was frequented mostly by business types . Thousands of power point presentations have been presented in its conference rooms.

I am an old bachelor. If I had a wife she would have instisted that I demand a room with a microwave and fridge.....so please take this review with a grain of salt.

The place is dated but not dirty. When you have dated and dirty then you have a problem.
This was adequate lodging for me with a very friendly staff.. And with the Priceline rate I bid on and got I have no complaints.

Besides they had free pomegranate green tea in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsboro
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Portland / Hillsboro-Evergreen Park
SpringHill Suites Portland Hillsboro
Holiday Inn - Hillsboro
Holiday Inn - Hillsboro
#10 of 19 in Hillsboro
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton

Been to Courtyard Portland Hillsboro? Share your experiences!