“CLEAN - FRIENDLY - CONVENIENT”

Courtyard Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Astoria, Oregon
“CLEAN - FRIENDLY - CONVENIENT”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a well maintained, clean, friendly place to stay. From Caitlin at the Front Desk who gets you checked in quickly with a smile to the staff in the lounge! I am always appreciative when I come across an excellent place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Needed an inexpensive hotel for one night as I was working in a booth at the fairgrounds for the Funky Junk Sisters flea market. I purchased a room at this hotel via Priceline. When I checked in, Cheryl was at the desk and was a wonderful first impression. I had a couple special requests including a quiet room. She was very accommodating, even though I had used Priceline. She was great through out my stay. The lobby was ver nice, small restaurant area that looked cute though I did not eat there. The room was a pleasant surprise after some previous reviews. I was on the 3rd floor on the courtyard side. Room was very nice, bed comfortable. Frig and microwave in room which allowed me to fix breakfast in the room. Room was clean, will definitely stay if given the opportunity

Room Tip: Be sure you have directions or GPS as it would be difficult to find without room on courtyard was q...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The rooms were comfortable, the staff was exceptional and the service was great. Ideally located, close to eating and shopping joints and comfortable rooms, this place felt like home away from home. The staff would pick us up and drop us off with a smile on their faces

Room Tip: Smokers should pick a room on the ground floor, closer to exits
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

At first glance I was impressed with the very metro looking lobby/café area. That impression changed as I headed to my room. The hall smelled like chlorine, presumably from the pool. The room had a very strange smell that I can only think of as "stale". On the positive side, I can't say the smell was offensive for long and the room was comfortable. I was surprised in the morning to learn that breakfast was not included in the room rate. It is such a given these days that I didn't think to inquire on booking. Staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping forgot things for the room but that was quickly corrected.

Room Tip: I always like an upper floor away from elevators/stairs and the pool. I don't think street nois...
Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Brenda A, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Hillsboro, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel - I'm glad that you were pleased with the new Courtyard lobby and equally happy to know that the staff treated you well. Our guest rooms were also renovated recently so I am disappointed to hear that you did not experience a clean and fresh room - please accept my apologies. While the breakfast is not free of charge, The Bistro is a "fast casual" concept that was implemented in response to overwhelming guest feedback that indicated the need for more choices, freshness and additional healthy options – something that is lacking from hotels with a "free breakfast buffet". Regardless of what brings you to Hillsboro, we want you to choose the hotel that is perfect for you and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments with us - we are listening!
Giv'atayim, Israel
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Travelled for business and stayed in Courtyard. Great Service and staff, reception and cafe are very friendly. Well designed lobby and rooms, good WIFI coverage in room. Good and quiet location,close to shopping centre and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We picked this hotel not knowing the area that well because we were going to go check out the largest Costco on the West Coast for furniture. It's a hidden gem but close to a cute shopping center as well as several eateries and a movie theater. The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful, especially Kaitlin. We had a king size bed that was comfortable and the room was wonderful and faced the courtyard. I would definitely stay here again and bring the family. There is a bistro located in the lobby that serves breakfast and is a bar till 10pm most nights. The hotel is about 10 minutes outside of downtown Portland if you're planning to hit the food trucks which were unable to do on this trip but gives us an excuse for another roadtrip and we have a place to stay at too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The lobby is very nice and had been updated to the new Courtyard vibe with the bar and cafe area. Staff was very nice. I thought the rooms were a bit dated but the WIFI worked and it was comfortable enough. I was only here for 2 nights.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor helps with noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brenda A, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Hillsboro, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
We are glad you chose to stay with us and appreciate the feedback! Our rooms were renovated the same time as the lobby but you are right, they are not as modern as the lobby design. I am glad you were comfortable and able to be productive here. We hope to see you back in the future.