“A Top choice in all categories!”

Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a beautiful property. The grounds will impress you first and from that you are correct to assume the interior rooms are just as immaculate and well maintained. The staff is friendly and professional with a pleasant pride in their service making this Residence Inn stand out in the Marriott category. The decor is traditional/contemporary, the beds are great,the food service convenient, the building layout including pool and hot tub, private in the midst of a retail area. This RI is also located close to the big corporations nearby, and an hour drive from Seaside or Cannon Beach. We stayed over Memorial Day Weekend. This RI had a variety of guests also staying and it never felt crowded in the public areas. Five stars in all categories for Hillsboro Residence Inn!

Room Tip: Our king bed room 1410 was convenient, roomy and lovely- away from pool and activity.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank checkplease01
Joe D, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Hillsboro! Our entire staff greatly appreciates your feedback! On your next visit please ask for Joe, so I can have the opportunity to thank you in person! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for over six weeks (still stuck here) for business. Every night there were people partying by the pool till all hours of the night. Calls to the front desk were answered with, "Oh, I'm sooooo sorry, we'll call security" but nothing was ever done. When I asked why security had not been called, the excuse was, "Oh, I've got a bad radio, been trying and trying to call." I asked if that meant there was no hotel security and Erin's answer was "Oh, yes, there is, I just need to get another radio." I finally had to confront one of the partygoers myself and demand that they leave the pool area, since it DOES close at 10:00 pm and it was now 11:15 pm. Because this is a business trip, sleep is/was necessary. Hotel staff is great at lip service, lousy at actual service. I asked who the manager was and was informed that Brenda is leaving so they have an acting general manager, Jordan. Don't stay here unless you want to party all night and have hotel staff "asleep at the wheel." No manager??????

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank eyelovetotraveltwo
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were on business in Portland and were reluctant to stay so far out of downtown Portland but were glad we did! When we checked in, the front desk person told us it was our lucky day - they were grilling hamburgers for guests. In addition to the burgers, they had a number of side dishes and dessert as well as complimentary wine and beer. It had been a long travel day and the hospitality was very welcome. Our suite was older but immaculately clean and quiet. Beds were very firm but that is a matter of personal taste so some people may like that. Popcorn in the room, again complimentary, and loved having a coffee pot and decent coffee in the room. Breakfast was included and much better than the usual hotel stale pastries and old fruit. They had a rice steamer for all of the foreign guests that stay there while in town for Intel and Nike, hot oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, etc. As we were checking out, the front desk person reminded us there were free newspapers - Portland, USAToday, and WSJ. We joked with her that with all of the free things they do for their guests, pretty soon they will be paying them to stay there!

Room Tip: My personal preference is always the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank roadwarrior98516
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business. It is very convenient; two Starbucks in walking distance, Target, Best Buy, Mens Warehouse, Safeway, Whole Foods, a movie theater, two sporting goods stores, too. And, a Sees' Candy outlet and several banks. Felt like the convenience of the city in the quiet of the suburbs. Lovely area, very scenic. Best of all, the staff couldn't have been nicer. I got a free upgrade to a better room and then had a sudden change in plans and had to check out a day early. They were very accommodating and gave me no grief about the change.

The hotel is very clean, rooms extremely pleasant. Would definitely go back and bring the family next time.

Room Tip: they have a doggy walk area, if you brought your pet. You might want to stay close to that area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stay at quite a few Residence Inns and this one is one of the best. The rooms, main building and grounds are very clean and well maintained. The staff is also very good. This is also one of the better layouts for Residence Inns.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was a nice place to stay. Hotel staff was very friendly and the food was okay. Breakfast selection was good. Comfortable beds. Great area of town, close to everything you could need. Perfect for a business traveler, though this was a personal trip.

The kitchen in our room was great though a bit outdated. It was really nice having parking just outside of our door.

I did knock it down a star based on the pre-stay experience. At one point they couldn't find our reservation when we called to confirm. Prior to that, I had negotiated a low price based on confusion with the member website. I later found out my price was only $20 lower than what other family member staying there had payed, and that family member got a full two bedroom suite while we were only in a studio. I am a member and they are not, so I guess my membership perks aren't as great as I would expect.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our family hadn't tried staying at a hotel for Thanksgiving before. We knew we wanted to be west of Portland, so this seemed like the way to go. We booked a studio, a one-bedroom suite, and a two-bedroom suite. Each was very spacious, with a full kitchen. We could have cooked the entire dinner here, but didn't need to because there was an upscale grocery store a couple of blocks away with awesome takeout. The hotel supplied us with a table for eight, chairs, utensils, and everything else we needed in one of our rooms. The entire hotel is dog-friendly, which sealed the deal for us. There are some nice parks nearby with great walking trails.

Pluses: Comfy, extra-large beds. Reading lights on both sides of the bed. Good wifi connection. Close to movie theater, shopping, restaurants, etc. Surprisingly quiet. Guest barbecue one night when we were there, with hamburgers and complementary beer and wine. AMAZING breakfast. Two hot tubs. Designated pet areas. Very friendly and helpful staff, who went out of their way to ensure that our stay was positive.

Minuses: Outdoor pool wasn't open this time of year. Advertised as a non-smoking facility, but that only applied indoors (as there were a number of people smoking in the breezeways and other outdoor areas on the grounds). Location is in the midst of a commercial, strip mall, industrial park-type area.

Overall, this was one of the better places we have stayed, if this is the type of experience you are seeking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family