“Convenient and Dog Friendly”

Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had to be in town for two nights for a trial in Hillsboro. So we booked a two bedroom suite with kitchen and it was perfect for our needs. The rooms are very clean and the living room is furnished budget style but fine. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom and flat screen television. The beds were super comfortable with a nice choice of pillows. The kitchen was supplied adequately and if we needed something, the office was quick to assist. It was air conditioned, just in case and the living room had a couch, chair, plenty of lighting and a desk to work from with an office chair. We also had a fireplace..how nice. The windows all open and there were plenty of them. In the morning they have a complete, hot, cooked breakfast and at night they have what I would term a full meal. One night it was make yourself hot pulled pork sandwiches on hoagies, potato salad, green salad, baked beans and chips including soda, beer or wine complimentary. If you were staying there with kids this would be an excellent addition along with the swimming pool and loads of water toys. If you were staying there for work, as many people seemed to be, it would be amazingly convenient not having to "go out" each night and morning searching for meals. I would say, it works well for all travelers including Fido.

Room Tip: If you have pets or kids, I would suggest a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a room with Kitchen, LR w/FP, 2 BR (1 KING, 1 QUEEN). The rooms were very clean, the space was wonderful to have even with only 2 people, the grounds are immaculate, and the hotel is in a good neighborhood convenient to shopping and restaurants (chain to reasonably good--have to go into Portland for 5-star type). There is a pet "station" with baggies supplied. The breakfast is good for an included breakfast--pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, freshly made oatmeal, fruit, choices of coffees/teas. I found this hotel to be great. I stayed there about 4 years ago and would stay there again. We really did not use the Kit., but the usual amenities were supplied upon arrival. There is an available Laundry. Also a good Exercise Room w/weights, treadmill, elliptical, etc. Pool looked nice and there is a hot tub.

Room Tip: Rooms around the exterior of the quadrangle are near parking spots.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Regaleagle
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Rooms are a bit dated but more than adequate. Stayed in a suite that had a kitchen and two bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. One bedroom had more noise from the forced air system so I stayed in the other bedroom. Breakfast was ok - at least I didn't have to forage outside for food.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get a free upgrade to a two-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank advisor256
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Yes, this is indeed an older Residence Inn, but don't let that let you stray elsewhere. The hotel grounds are kept absolutely immaculate - the landscaping is top notch. The rooms are of course clean, and the kitchen is usable. They have the usual dishes, 4-cup coffee maker, ice trays, pitcher, etc...

There is a laundry room there onsite that is reasonably priced and you can get quarters and detergent at the front desk - they didn't have fabric softner sheets, so that would be my only gripe.

The Gym is small, but it has two decent treadmills, an eliptical machine, a bench, and free weights up to ~40-50 lbs. It was decent enough to either go for a run or do some moderate lifting - limited on the chest or back exercises due to no pull-up bar or heavier weights.

There is no restaurant onsite as it is a Residence Inn, but the breakfast buffet was more than adequate and the staff where very friendly every morning - even when I was tired and grumpy. =)

The location was great for me, and is right off the highway. There are strip malls nearby and tons of places to eat as well. Also, it is walking distance to some restaurants as well as a Trader Joe's and Safeway. In the strip mall close by is also a FedEx, a Subway open 24 hours, and a gas station - everything you could possibly need for a business trip. Also, there's a movie theater across the street which would be nice if you had some time off (I didn't) or if you had family with you and they wanted to do something during the day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Hillsboro on and off for over 3 years now. Our stays are always long term and from the moment we check in we are made to feel like part of their family. There is always a warm welcome and a friendly face at Reception and Eric and his team go out of their way to make our stay comfortable and all our needs met. The position of this Residence Inn is perfect for both of us, my husband’s work is close by and there are plenty of shopping opportunities to keep my day full. There are a good few restaurants within walking distance and a cinema across the road too.
Our suite provided us with all the extra space that we could ever want, along with a full kitchen, large bath with great shower, lovely toiletries that are replenished as they run out, plenty of fluffy towels and a brand new Kingsize bed. The housekeeping ladies are super friendly and accommodating and nothing is ever too much trouble for them.
A complimentary breakfast is also provided; this is a full hot buffet breakfast. Choices of cereals, bagels, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles and of course the hot options. A great way to start each day and then with the social evenings on selected nights, dinner is taken care of.
The fitness room is great for working off the extra calories with a couple of elliptical machines, a treadmill and weights. The swimming pool area is especially nice; along with two 24 hour hot tubs all the stresses of a busy work day or shopping day are soon forgotten.
A trip into Portland is quick and easy, only 20 minutes by car, but there’s also an on-site shuttle bus, and the staff are more than happy to drop you the short distance at the MAX-tram line, for the 30 minute trip into the city.
Without exception I can’t praise the staff enough; they make our time away from home that much easier, especially Patty and Tenzin.
I would highly recommend staying here while visiting the area and I look very much forward to our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel now for over 10 years. I come to this area frequently for work and I will not stay anywhere else, regardless of how long I am in town for.

The property is in an excellent location.

The staff has never not exceeded my expectations, from check in to their service staff and their breakfast staff and every other employee, they are simply said unbelievably fantastic!

I would be safe to say that this entire organization is one to emulate throughout the hotel industry, others would never regret following this business model if success!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The afternoon we checked in, I noticed that there was a mini-coffee maker in the kitchen. We're real coffee drinkers so I called the desk, asking for a larger one. I said, "If you don't have one, no big deal." Within 10 minutes, one of the staff was there with not only a 12-cup Proctor Silex, but a brand-new one! The room was clean and comfortable, with an adequate kitchen for two people who really like to cook. Great big TVs in the living room and bedroom both. I was also impressed with the soaps and shampoos - lovely scent, not overwhelming. The breakfast was one of the best I've seen at a Residence Inn. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you can carry bags, an upstairs room is always better.
Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
EGemmill, General Manager at Residence Inn Portland Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! It is always such a pleasure to share guest comments with the hotel staff and congratulate them on a job well done. Thanks agian and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Hillsboro area.

Eric Gemmill