“S****y restaurant”

Salem, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“S****y restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Two buddies and I decided to try Mavs and are exrememly dissapointed. Would have been better to pickup some fresh roadkill then at least we would have known what we were going to eat. Buudy one ordered the "Full House" and got a partially dressed Western. When server was questioned about the burger he changed his mind and called the Western a Full house. Buddy two got correct but wrong french fries and charged $4 extra for a Full House. My order was also correct but the side salad I order with Italian and came with none. Also no utensils for entire meal including appetizers and salad. Ended up eating salad with a tooth pick and appetizers off napkins and with our hands. They got the correct beers though. If you choose to eat here and they ask what you want just say surprise me and the stoners will bring you something.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SalemNate

Pendleton
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This has to be the poorest excuse for a restaurant ever. I can't say one good thing about it. The service was horrible and the food was worse. How does this place stay in business?

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Conquistad0r
Nampa, Idaho
“Paid to be disrespected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went in, sat down, were greeted by a waiter with a less than lackluster personality who took our drink order. He brought our drinks and instead of asking if we were ready to order just walked away. 10 minutes later a different waitress arrived and took our order. The menus were hard to decipher as our menus didn't match. we waited a full hour for food and were not asked once if we would like a refill on our drinks. No one the whole time came by to give us an update on our order. When our food finally came we had to get up and get our own silverware and replace our own empty condiments that were set down with our meal. I can honestly say that most of the time we were invisible to the staff. We even had to stop a waitress to even get our check after waiting another 15 minutes for it. The only real attention given us was the owner sitting by himself at a table staring at my girlfriend the whole time, a bit disconcerting. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AS POSSIBLE!

• Visited October 2013
“Not good at all”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I both ordered the prime rib. When it came out it wasn't very warm. Not very tasty, I had the mashed potatoes they were obviously instant ones. We had like 3 servers check on us. Just not very good...maybe other things on the menu are better but the prime rib was definitely not good!

• Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Patrons should avoid tables that view the kitchen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Don't go here- the only upside is that we got a substanitial discount on our meal after waiting over 1.5hours for a salad and a sandwich. We visited during the Round-up rodeo week, and what should have been one of the best opportunites to gain customers and good reviews was spoiled by minimal staff that did not have the capacity to meet the diners(the room was probably 25% filled!) orders in a timely manner. Once the food was at the table it was cold and not very good. It was comical to watch the kitchen staff cook-much to the point of making me almost want to go in and help. I felt sort of bad for them, they looked like they didn't know what to do, how to use cooking equipment or where ingredients were located, etc. The waitress was nice enough and I could tell she seemed concerned that we and the other diners had to wait so long.

• Visited September 2013