“Special meal from an unassuming little restaurant”
Review of The Local Place - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Local Place
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The outside looks like you'd be lucky to get a well prepared hamburger. Then you step inside where it is bright, fresh and welcoming, but still nothing special. The food, however, WAS special. I had a delicious trout almondine -- cooked perfectly, not too dry, great seasoning -- with the tastiest couscous I think I've ever had. My son had a shrimp pasta dish that was also quite good. Service was terrific: the waitress was attentive and the chef stopped by to make sure all was good. Was it perfect? Not quite; my broccoli was a wee bit overdone and his pasta had a little too much olive oil, but those were very small complaints compared to our overall delight with our dishes. We chose the restaurant because we were in the mood for seafood. Apparently, ownership just changed, and seafood no longer looks dominant on the menu, but we were more than happy with the choices we had.

There are newer reviews for The Local Place

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is an apparently often overlooked gem in Hermiston. I had the prawns and scallops, which were perfectly prepared. The vegetables were likewise delicious. I would definitely return.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The LOCAL PLACE is a solid performer. The customer service was good, the food was really tasty and the cost was typical of others in its class. It has BIG portions and it taste great! It is also the best go to for seafood in Hermiston. Don't expect the Taj Mahal here, it's just a cool little resturant with good food and service to match.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My favorite place to eat in Hermiston. Owned by an Hispanic family, the food has a distinctive edge that you don't find in the typical clam-chowder, fried clams seafood joint. My favorite dishes are the seared ahi tuna salad with a cup of the ocean soup. (Imagine a beautiful brothy cioppino or only $4 or $6.)

Try this place, but don't expect a Red Lobster.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

It is so very nice to have a seafood restaurant in Hermiston. The Local Place has very good food and the service is always friendly. Try their crab chowder on Fridays.