“Clean and nice”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hermiston
Olympia, Washington
“Clean and nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband, our dog (a Maltese) and I, stayed in this hotel, May 2013 and I am very much impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the surroundings. This is a pet friendly hotel, and they have grassy areas with poop bags for your pet to use. Customers that stayed here seemed to be responsible pet owners because every time I bring my dog outside, I did not see any poop scattered around. Conveniently located near restaurants, like the nearby Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut is just across the street, and Walmart just a block away. Their are other restaurants besides the ones I mentioned but we're just OK going to the DQ. The only thing I'm disappointed is their Wi-fi connection. For some reason my iphone 5 and ipad 2 cannot detect it when inside our room. We stayed at room 312 which was near the very end of the hallway, quite far from the reception area. I have to walk along the corridor towards to reception to get a wi-fi signal. Once connected, I go back to our room and use the internet as long as I want, but will loss the connection again if either of my device is idle for 3 or more minutes. The free drink and light snacks at night is also very convenient and such a nice touch for the guests. Their breakfast buffet has various selections and what I like the most is that, you see them cooking hot food like bacon, sausage, and eggs at their mini breakfast kitchen adjacent to the dining area. The room we stayed in, has wood laminate flooring, no carpeting. That's probably why the room looks and smells clean. They provide medium sized shampoo, conditioner, and bath soap. If you're a woman with medium to long hair, you will appreciate this very much. I am very particular with the cleanliness of the bathrooms, but this one passed the test. We will definitely stay again here and will make it a point to find an Oxford Suites in other places we go to. By the way, they have an indoor pool, but we did not use it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Two free beers or wine each night. Really friendly staff. Very good breakfast, they even have bacon several times a week! Shout out to Daniel at the bar and Heather, Shawn and Kylie at the desk. Nice folks. Can't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank extendedstayinoregon
Meridian, ID
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels over my 78 years, I traveled extensively for about 20 of those years. I have never had the kind of service that we have recently received at this hotel and we would certainly highly recommend them to anyone. Over the years, I have often experienced some exceptional people or some exceptional services but we have found that all of the employees, from the Manager to each and every clerk and the house keeping employees, at this hotel have the same basic attitude of high quality service for the customers.We have stayed with them for 2-3 nights each week over the last 5 weeks due to the terminal illness of our son. Each and every time we experienced the same thing-friendliness, helpfulness, a willingness to be very flexible for all changes that arose due to the circumstances and total honesty in returning lost articles by our grandchildren. It is really refreshing to have the opportuity of working with so many great people, any of which I would be most happy to have as my employee. I know that a complete crew like this can only be had by being the very best at the top so I commend the entire executive management team on their ability to choose very good people, to train them well, to instill in them high principles of customer service and to extend to them an appropriate measure of decision making. I would like to name the great employees like..they were all so terrific I hesitate to mention any one person and risk missing one. they are great people.
Roland Barton, Meridian, ID

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are very quiet, even one right next to the elevator. The family sui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roland B
Oak Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

we were there at the beginning of april with a group of military personal who had a gun shoot in board man, this hotel was so wonderful to all the military and made our stay so enjoyable we had fresh breakfast every morning and a evening reception every night with 2 free drinks. the staff went over and beyond to make sure we were happy. we also want to send out a special kudos to the front desk clerk named Heather and the bartender/ managers reception host Daniel they were the bomb and went out of there way to please all the military and other guests in the hotel. they deserve a raise. the hotel also has a pool and hot tub and a small fitness center as well as a business center for all your needs. also you are only 25 minutes away from pendelton where you can get a wool blanket. i love the staff and the hotel atmosphere and we cant wait to go back for a visit.

Room Tip: our room was next to the elevators which you could hear all night so stay away from those.
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed one night in a very comfortable King-Double Queen suite, and had lots of space. Very comfortable beds, plenty of towels, great orange-scented toiletries, nice size fridge and coffee makings. Single bathroom though, so be prepared.

Free drinks great - 2 per person, including sodas for kids. Evening snacks mediocre, although what do you expect for free? Free breakfast pretty good, both hot and cold foods. Good location too, walking distance to pizza, burgers, sandwiches, Mexican, and Chinese options. Pool a little small, but very clean and front desk kept towels stocked.

If we're in the Hermiston area again, we'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for top-floor rooms in the "new" building if you can get them.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hermiston, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I want everyone to know that my stay at Oxford Suites was Awesome. Heather, Daniel, and Megan, made my stay worth coming back. I travel for a living and I treasure quality customer service, and I am amazed with their professional and courteous support for their clients. Always a cheerful smile and a pleasant attitude. What a wonderful place to stay. I have neglected to write this for so long, I can no longer keep it to myself. I have been coming here for over a year.

Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hermiston does not have much to offer but the Oxford Suites is quite nice. Friendly staff and good location. Two free beers and free evening food and breakfast make this place a great value.This is the second time I have stayed here and no problems were encountered either time. Only place I would stay while in Hermiston.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermiston
Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston
#1 of 2 in Boardman
Quality Inn Umatilla
Quality Inn Umatilla
#2 of 3 in Umatilla

Been to Oxford Suites Hermiston? Share your experiences!