“"Best Burger in Town"”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Central Point, OR
“"Best Burger in Town"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

It's right on the ocean and in the Beachfront RV park in Port of Brookings. There couldn't be better hamburgers and bisquits and gravy anywhere on the Planet!!!! Or bigger hamburgers. My husband and I have been going to Fely's ever since a friend told us about her place many, many years ago. The only thing he did not tell us about, was how big those delicious hamburgers were. So, we bought one regular hamburger each and some fries. Our friend just rolled in laughter as she set the plates in front of us. Our jaws just hit the ground. Well, the burger was so big, that neither of us could finish it. I only ate half of mine and my husband couldn't even finish his. And this was when I wasn't worried about my weight and just kept stuffing it in my mouth because it tasted so good, I didn't want to let any go to waste. We have since learned to only order one quarter pounder and split it. Fely knows us so well, that she automatically puts it on two buns for us every time we come in. She is so friendly and takes time from her cooking, to say "hi" and "how are you today". Yet, she gets those burgers out in short order and they are always as delicious as the first time we ever had one. Then when it slows down, she comes out to visit and catch up on your family live and hers.

We were over there after the Fireman's Fish Fry on Feb. 19th, to catch up with some friends from church. They told us they had packed a lunch to sit on the beach and share it with them. Well, that sounded great, but the smell of Fely's hamburgers lured us away. My husband visited and I went to order our regular. Fely presented it on two buns (no fries this time). I only ate 1/2 of the 1/2 and was stuffed. While we sat their eating, we noticed all the first timers' reaction as their burgers were presented to them and just laughed. EVERYONE who was there, came back in to tell Fely just how wonderful their hamburgers were. BEST I'VE EVER EATEN. Our sentiments exactly!!!! TRY THEM, YOU WILL LOVE THEM and KEEP GOING BACK FOR MORE. Plus, it makes a good reason (as if you needed another reason) to ride to the coast for lunch.

Any time you go, you might plan on waiting. Just order, go sit out on the picnic tables, take a few shots of the ocean and the kids playing on the beach, the sound of the sea gulls, (waiting for those burgers and fries to hit the tabletops); and the smell of yours and everyone elses burgers filling the air. AFTER YOU HAVE YOUR MEAL, YOU WILL
NOT REGRET WAITING, & YOU WILL RETURN AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN.

• Visited February 2011

Brookings, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Share it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

These hamburgers areo big one could share it with three people. There s about a pound of meat in each one! When she adds bacon it's like 6 slices! Huge !

• Visited January 2011
Orange, California
“Best burger ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

When I was 9 (now 37) I got the great chance to go visit my grandparents that lived up in Brookings with my two cousins. We spent the whole summer on the river fishing and running amuk.

One of the things we did while we were there was to visit Fely's for a burger. Even though almost 30 years have passed I'd made two trips in the past 3 months back to Brookings to visit another family member.... once again I made the trip to Fely's.

I can say without a doubt that this is the best burger you'll ever have. It's huge. My girlfriend and I have to split it in half and share one burger as it'd be far too much for either one of us alone.

If you like like meat meat and more meat and cheese cheese and cheese on your burger, you'll love this one.

Fely's isn't a fancy restraunt, if that's what your looking for then this isn't it. But if your looking for a great place to eat right next to the ocean.... you've found it.

I'd recommend Fely's to anyone who's making the pass through brookings. It's a little off the 101 freeway, but well worth the additional drive down into the harbor area to go visit. You can access Fely's off of Benham drive or the direct ramp down to the harbor. Get as close to the beach as you can and you'll find Fely's just fine.

Seattle
“Closes early”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

Have lived in the area for 22 years, try Fely's periodically, never greatly impressed personally but much of Brookings seems to like it.

Visitors should be advised that while the sign states that Fely's is open until 4:30 PM, the grill actually closes a half hour earlier and only hot dogs and Polish sausage are available afterward: contrary to the usual restaurant practice of offering full service until closing.

Affirmative "recommendation to a friend" is based on Fely's location, right on the beach.

Ocean Shores, WA
“Biggest, Best Burgers in Brookings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

The food is EXCELLENT and fairly priced. A little out-of-the-way burger joint right on the beach. Very unique. Get the Fely Burger and come as you are. Fely and staff are wonderful.

4 Thank beach98569