“Very good sushi, unassuming location”

Sushi & Maki Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Happy Valley
Cuisines: Japanese
West Linn, Oregon
“Very good sushi, unassuming location”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I definitely was not expecting a very good sushi place next to a mattress and dollar store, but this place has been surprisingly great. There are a lot of special rolls that are very good. Fish always tastes fresh. Outside of the sushi the tempura shrimp is excellent. The breading on the shrimp is perfect, and they do a great job of cooking the shrimp just right. Definitely my favorite. The food is all very affordable and tasty and the people who work here are very friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Great food, helpful and friendly.”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I work in an office that orders out every day for lunch.

We eat at Sushi and Maki *at least* once a week.

Not only do they have a great variety of delicious sushi and non-sushi items, the staff is always very friendly and helpful.

I always get help out to my car with large (10-15 people) orders.

They are always very accommodating and helpful and and are fairly quick, without being sloppy.

Each item is labeled and packaged nicely for easy transportation.

The state rolls are outstanding and very creative.

By no means am I saying this is the best sushi place ever, it definitely is a great place with great food and helpful, friendly service that I would recommend to anyone in the area.

portland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst restaurant I ever been”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

One of my favorite foods is sushi so I traveled many sushi restaurants in Oregon but I found this is the worst japanese restaurant I've ever been. The miso soup was plain and it tasted like water, the quality of sushi rice is bad and the prices of sushi are very high.. They also charge a cup of green tea for a doller each. It looks like green tea but it tasted like just water. Kid's meal is a joke, a couple of chiken slices and just one icecream scoop of rice for $6! I would not want to recommend this restsurant to anyone.

1 Thank nihonjin
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent find set back...”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Excellent find set back from 82nd Avenue. Visited there in early 2007 after it opened. Good variety of maki rolls. Incredibly helpful staff (carried a to-go tray out to the car).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Soft shell crab is the bomb!”
Reviewed May 30, 2008

Soft shell crab is the bomb!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook