“Bbq goods”

Hog Wild BBQ & Catering
Ranked #12 of 87 Restaurants in Happy Valley
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a southern girl, from Bama, where bbq is a relegion. And the pulled pork here was some of the best I've had in a while. Will go back for seconds.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place after nearly passing out @ Home Depot due to malnutrition. Had run 4 miles & had not eaten since. At any rate, I saw protein when I saw BBQ so this was a must-do. The food was ok but nothing reminiscent of the South. The serving was generous but the plate lacked color. Had BBQ brisket Philly and while I cleared the plate, that reflected more truly my depleted body than the kitchen's success. The ambiance was uninspired (this used to be an Asian restaurant) & the acoustics were sub-par. Owners, I recommend you discontinue the awkward placards on the table touting the special! It was weird and not a great picture; the marketing read very high school - even the sign on the front door. The fries were yummy I will give you that & our server, clearly Mother Hen to all the younger ones, was enthusiastic. Likely not return nor recommend. The food was overall lacking in verve and distinction.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went to this restaurant on a Saturday night around 7pm. Waited for a table and then waited about 30 minutes to be served. We ordered the beef brisket, short ribs, our sides and corn bread that came with our meals. Took a long time for the food to arrive, and when it did I asked what was on my plate. I was told they were out of brisket and that this was just as good, but it was pork. It was tasteless and dry. They offered me something else so I ordered the pulled pork which was only slightly better. We had our sides but no corn bread. When we asked about our muffins we were told they were out to them too. I asked for the manager and when I explained that the food was not what we ordered and was not that great, the manager told us that if we were unhappy, we should just leave. She then started to take our plates away and we very rude and raised her voice. Worst customer service we have ever received. Feel bad for their customers if this is their response to food complaints. Would never go here again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

OK, my local BBQ experience has mainly been Buster's, which is OK if you want a cafeteria atmosphere, buffet-line service, and don't mind sitting among the scattered older men eating alone. Hog Wild is a BBQ place actually suited for a couple's date night: service at your table with very friendly wait staff, and - most importantly - EXCELLENT barbeque. You may be into ribs normally, but you simply must try at least one - or all - of their BBQ sausages.

The BBQ entrees come with two sides dishes, and there are many to choose from. I got the collard greens and sweet potato fries; both were excellent. The sausages were to die for - especially their "hot" sausage. We will definitely be back, and we cannot wait!

1  Thank Luteguy_10
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We wanted some Thai food and so we went to a restaurant called Wei Wei only to discover it was no longer in business. However, the bbq trailer that had been serving bbq from a parking lot just across the street for several years, had moved in and was open for business. Horrible 'cue. When he was across the street he used a portable smoker. I tried it and it was good. He now has a built in smoker. I had the brisket and my mom had the pulled pork. Neither tasted smoked. There was no smoke ring on the brisket which means that the meat was not exposed to adequate smoke. The meat was dry and tasteless. Red rice & beans mushy. Lots of items crossed off the menu & prices increased and they had only been open 5-6 weeks. There were only two other tables occupied and this was what should have been the the rush hour. I would avoid this place if possible. Plenty of good bbq joints in Portland so unless you have been naughty, don't punish yourself by eating here!!