“Best place in town to get Sushi if you know what quality is you will enjoy your meal.”
Review of Bluefin Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Bluefin Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: Phone: 503-659-2253 • E-mail: bluefinsushibar@yahoo.comJust outside of the main mall complex.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been going to Blue Fin since they opened several years ago the people are friendly and the food is consistently great, so great in fact that my wife and I will not go to other sushi restraunts in fear that we will not be very diassapinted. I recommend Blue Fin to anyone.

1  Thank Ryanjohnso

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a Groupon so were pretty psyched to try Bluefin, especially since they are right down the street from our place. The restaurant was dark and pretty sparse on décor but the service was friendly at first. We were seated at tiny table, but should have requested for a booth since there was plenty of available seating.
Our server was friendly and even let me make a substitution. However my boyfriend was not given a spoon with his soup. I ordered a salad and rather clumsily ate it with my chop sticks. When the server finally came back to check on us, my boyfriend’s soup was already cold. She very haughtily told us she would have to go wash a spoon since patrons rarely asked for them? She wasn’t very nice, but we were optimistic about our main courses since we had been waiting quite a while and there were only a few other diners there.
More disappointment arrived with the food. Our portions were skimpy to say the least. I ordered the Spider roll and was supposed to get 8 pieces. I only got 5 and had to ask for some ginger. My boyfriend ordered some combo, basically a tiny assortment of 4 different items, none of which had any seasoning or flavor.
We were ready to leave! The bill was only $23.95 so our Groupon left us with an out of pocket of $3.95 plus gratuities. When our snooty waitress finally came over to pick up the check she let us know they only accept cards for transactions over $10 !!! My boyfriend and I looked at each other stunned. Neither of us carries cash. At that point the waitress made a point of telling us they charge of whopping 50 cents for anything under. It was getting comical, then awkward as the waitress handed my card back to me and walked way? Since I always keep a $20 bill in my car I just ran out and got it.
When the waitress returned the check again she left a 1 dollar bill, 2 fives and five, yes that’s right FIVE pennies which went flying everywhere when I opened the book. Uh, was it something I said? I really felt like leaving her the dollar and pennies, but I’m a woman of principle, so I left her a generous $5 (over 20%) tip and decided to leave a poor review instead.
Just to re-cap:. The décor is boring. The service is slow and downright insulting. The portions are skimpy and the flavor is blan. Unless you like cheap food and bad service, I would avoid Bluefin.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had the Kamikaze and Denver rolls with Spicy Calamari for an appetizer. All of it was delicious. Service is wonderful. The sushi was very fresh. I was a little surprised by the prices at first glance but we did purchase a Groupon so I thought it was worth a try. Definitely worth the price for the quality rolls you get. It's not the place for you if your used to cheap conveyor belt sushi. This is made to order with a lot of attention. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

There were not a lot of food choices, especially sea food, even thought the restaurant claimed as a seafood sushi restaurant. The food quality was just average. Worst still, with just a high per head charge, drink was not included. Not worth the money for this quality of food. We would not return to this place again.

1  Thank geoff451
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I think that this is a converted donuts shop. But they have done a OK job making it feel nice. Sushi is moderately priced and fresh.