“Tent Village? More like a Tent CORRAL”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We booked our campsite online, getting roped in with terms like "shade" and "fenced", only to discover that our "campsite" is one wedge in a hexagon-shaped livestock corral with a shared roof in the center. After picking our jaws up off the floor of the car when we first saw it, we reluctantly crammed our tent into our "pie slice" trusting that our kids would have fun at this place, which they did. There's plenty of things to keep your kids busy here, but this Tent Village portion of the campground is good for nothing more than a spare-of-the-moment, one-night stop during a road trip, but definitely not for a planned multi-day stay. If booking ahead, beware, and avoid the "Tent Village" at the Astoria KOA.

1  Thank leonardshorts

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I made a reservation at the KOA for my annual Portland to Coast relay. I called to confirm my reservation and to ask a few questions. The lady who I talked to on the phone was SO RUDE. She could not have berated and humiliated me more! She continued to explain a policy, at the KOA, to me at least 6 times.....like I was a stupid idiot who didn't understand her first explanation of the policy. I have never felt so insulted in my entire life. I work in the medical field which is very stressful, and I would never talk to someone the way this lady talked to me! I would probably lose my job if I did! This KOA must be a very, very stress place to work, if this is how they provide customer service. I will plan my stay at Fort Stevens next year because I can not accept this kind of RUDE behavior, that they call customer service. Shame on you all for treating me this way!

• Stayed: August 2010
3  Thank kimmie62
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The registration staff was incredibly rude, our 3 reserved sites got messed up & they were not interested in helping accommodate us what so ever. Their website reads as dog friendly however one of our dogs, due to her breed, was not allowed on the property. With a list of over 6 breeds or mix of those breeds not allowed, wouldn't you make that policy incredibly clear on your website. I will never go back to this KOA.

3  Thank abs97
Reviewed August 4, 2010

There are three bad things when booking this site, even if you book 6 monthes in advance check to make sure you get the area you want a few eeks prior. We went as a group in two trailers we were supoosed to be together but they put up across and four sites away. Then the pool has so much chlorine in it that the kids had to jump out after 3 minutes because their eyes were burning. Thirdly the gravel roads will leave your car covered in dust along with the inside of your camper as people think it's a freeway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ahousil
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Upon arrival to our kabin we found 2 rvs parked directly next to it in an area where there obviously wasn't an actual rv site. So one side of the cabin was completely blocked off. On the other side there was a small space with a fire pit and very old picnic table, and then a sawed off pickup truck trailer parked next to the next cabin. We were right on the main road area, so the actual space our kids were left to play on was basically nil, plus we were terrified that they would be hit by a car since most people were not following the 10 mph speed limit, and the DUST, oh my it was dusty. One of the upper bunks in our cabin was a very narrow bed that was suspended by a chain from the ceiling. The stairs on the wall leading up to this were difficult even for our 7 yo to navigate, so that was useless. He would have fallen if he had tried to get out of that to pee in the middle of the night. Someone left a set of false eyelashes behind on the one shelf in the cabin, so obviously it was not cleaned very thoroughly prior to our arrival, although there was an overwhelming chemical smell when we opened it up. The kids enjoyed the playground and the jumping pillow. The mini golf is rather sad, but they enjoyed that too. The bathrooms were very hit or miss. Right after they were cleaned they were fine, but 12+ hours later there was always at least one toilet overflowing, toilet paper everywhere. My husband said the men's room was much worse. It really seemed like there were not enough bathrooms for the number of people staying there on a busy weekend. We also had an issue with the thick smell of marijuana around our kabin. Management moved us to another area in the campground when we told them this, but really the experience of our first night there ruined our trip. The area beaches are absolutely spectacular and we will definitely be returning, but never again to this KOA.

2  Thank tallvanillalatte
Reviewed August 28, 2009

This KOA has tons of stuff for the kids. Pool, mini golf, lawn chess, a jumping pillow (similar to a trampoline - a huge hit!), free pancake breakfast every day, arts & crafts and other kid activities every afternoon. The great off-leash dog area was a big bonus. We hadn't planned on this place being a major focus of our trip to Astoria but it became one. We stayed in a one-room cabin on Kuttler's Cove (street - the streets inside the park are named). The extra $10 we paid to reserve a cabin in this shaded area was well worth it. All the other cabins are out in the blazing sun with absolutely no privacy. The cabin was musty and the cleaning solution they used was very intense. Drapes were dingy, windows needed a good scrubbing and unsticking, and a new picnic table was overdue. But the kids had such a blast, it's hard not to rate this place highly. Other than the cabin, the park was very clean and there were always workers around managing things. My kids loved this place. Do not miss the Maritime Museum in Astoria nor the Army Truck Tour at Fort Stevens. Both were phenomenal and trumped Fort Clatsop and the tales of Lewis & Clark which were the main reasons we went to Astoria - go figure!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We had never brought our RV trainer to a KOA before and we pulled into this one two nights ago and we were really impressed... very clean, very organized, lots of amenities, just an overall good experience, It was a bit pricey (around $48 for the night) but it was worth it. We'd go again.

It's a great place for kids.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA? Share your experiences!