“Noisy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed here in our trailer on March 34 and 24th, 2014. We were given a site on what turned out to be the main drag through the center of the park - Columbia St. Cars drove by our site around the clock. Sort of like staying in a pullout on the highway. We have a KOA card and have stayed in KOA's across the continent and have never seen so much traffic within a resort. This is a first hand report of a recent stay in this park.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We like to stay here during the off season. There rates are comparible to state camp ground across the street, but here you get free pancakes, swimming pool, hot tub, mini golf, play grounds, arcade. The staff that I had to deal with were awesome. When I booked an RV site the computer put me in a 40 foot site it was to short for me. I went up and they changed it without any hassle. The lady in kitchen was really custmer focused she was the only one working the kitchen and she made sure to welcome everyone that walked in the door. My only concern is the heated pool is kind of cold. My son was shivering by the time we got out. All said and done I will be going back.

Room Tip: Go with the pull thoughs in the back of the park they are wider so you can get your slide out easier...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my first experience with a KOA property. From start to finish everything was smooth and surprisingly nice. Reservations were easy. Late check-in was no hassle. The small cabin was clean, comfortable, easy to find. Bathrooms were clean and there were private showers. I was surprised by the amenities - indoor pool, miniature golf, etc - and best of all there was a "free" all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. I say "free" due to the $6 resort fee, which I found strange.

Room Tip: The cabins in the cove area offer a little more privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Catalyst_12
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We are on our first RV trip and this KOA was our very first stop and time hooking up the rig - it could not have been a better place to start off our trip. Very clean and well kept, it has all of the amenities we have come to expect from a top RV spot and more - the indoor pool puts it over the top. Friendly staff and accessible to the national and state parks in the area, as well as local restaurants and shopping. Definitely a stop for the camper looking for a great experience.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's not a campground, it's a resort! It is a bit pricier to start for the sites versus a state park but trust me cost is worth it. We stayed over labour day weekend and there were activities for families all day long. Kids, teens, even adults can join in. Tye dye, clue hunts, treasure hunts, carnival complete with a mechanical bull, bungee run, bouncey boxing, games with prizes...I couldn't believe it! Movies at night with free popcorn. If they aren't playing a movie then there is a community campfire with snacks. We make banana boats and brought them back to our fire to cook. Indoor pool and hot tub, bouncy pillow, indoor rec hall that plays movies all day long and has ping pong, basketball, board games etc. Outdoor volleyball, basketball, giant chess, multiple playgrounds. A dog run area with agility obstacles. FREE pancakes every morning for breakfast. A store with fresh coffee each morning, and all the essentials and then some. An arcade. Outdoor camp kitchens so you can cook and eat away from your site with friends and family or if you are tenting and don't have a stove. A fish cleaning station, garbage pick up twice a day at your site. There is so much more I am forgetting. The kids didn't want to leave the campground to explore the beach and site and I have teens. I am certain if I had kids under 12, we never would've left the campground.

So why didn't I give this the full 5 stars? The wifi is sketchy. Not a huge deal, except we are from Canada and it's expensive to call and text so wifi is how we were communicating back home. We couldn't connect from our site. Noise. It's not the children, it's the crab fishermen. They get up at 5 am, make noise loading up (often talking to each other none to quietly), and then start their trucks up at 6 am. They are often up until midnight with their buddies around the campfire so sleep was a bit of an issue. I don't think there is anything the campground can really do about this. Maybe have a special "quiet area" with no in and outs between 11-7 so people can book that don't want to be disturbed? Might not be an issue if you have a trailer. We were in a tent trailer surrounded by the same group in the sites all around us so it was an issue. If you don't have children, be aware that there are A LOT of children here. Although there is an adult only swim time each night. And only teens and adults are allowed in the hot tub. Otherwise it's mostly geared for families.

Fort Stevens State park is right across the street. They have gorgeous beaches there for everyone to access (you don't have to be camping there). You can even drive right on the beach and find your own piece of Heaven. There is also a lake! There is a $5 fee to park at the lake for the day but the ocean is free to park. White sand beaches, truly beautiful. If you can get your kids to leave the campground.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jokelta
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Wonderful experience, can't wait to come back! We reserved the largest deluxe cabin for our family of 5. It said to bring linens, and we did, but turns out even those were provided!
Fantastic place. A living area with fouton, a small though full kitchen and dinner table, a full bathroom, bunk beds and separate bedroom for us as parents. Porch swing, running warm water, a place to put and cook our own food helped us save tons on eating out. Although our favorite memory was ordering pizza, ice cream and the best ribs ever from the local/onsite restaurant that delivers TO Your Door! This is my kind of camping!

Pool was warm, kids played on the play structure and bouncing balloon, mini golf. There were bikes to rent, crafts all day long and movies, staff provided activities such as sack races with prizes for all. Community bathrooms/showers and laundry center immaculate, well taken care of. Staff helpful and general store had everything you needed. Fire pits if you felt ambitious (though the gas grills didn't work). Hiking paths, wide open space for the kids to run and exhaust themselves. Close enough to drive to the beach or even to get a Starbucks :). You could make it as "camping" or as "hotel like" as you wanted, the best of both worlds.

My only complaint was the mattress/bed in the parents room. The bed frame though beautiful pine, was loud and creaky and super uncomfortable. Next time we're kicking the kids off the futon and taking that for ourselves. Fantastic experience, will be going again, though in the off season since the prices are extremely reduced.

Room Tip: Having the deluxe cabin was worth every penny
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This KOA was very large, but didn't feel overcrowded. Lots of beautiful trees and nicely sized 'lots'. This is located just across the highway from the Fort Stevens State Park. We used the multiple miles of bicycle paths, and were very impressed with that aspect.

The only downside I'd say was that the washrooms were too far away. We ended up in one of the farthest, and secluded spots to park our VW bus, which was great for low noise and privacy, but not good for urgent pit stops. We were happy we had our bikes. If you have limited mobility, it would be wise to mention that when you look to book.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA? Share your experiences!