“Great place especially with kids.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hammond
Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
“Great place especially with kids.”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This has been our third time staying here and we have always enjoyed it. The staff are great and if you get the deluxe sites, they are big and private. The only issues I have with the campground is that the wifi is very spotty and they always add a resort fee brings the price up quite a bit. But they have lots of activities (free and for cost) and free pancakes. They are making lots of upgrades this year including benches in the pool area, a new rec centre and extended canteen hours. We will be back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Islandspud

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've never stayed at a KOA before and were a little nervous. Luckily it wasn't too crowded and we had a good (although expensive) site. The park was quiet, staff was helpful and there were a lot of activities for our kids. Very close to Ft. Stevens State Park and best of all - no mosquitoes!!! Would stay here again but I would avoid busy holidays/weekends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 13, 2013

So we chose to stay here to break up the long drive up the coast into WA. This is definitely the park to stay at if you have children. We were delighted to only pay $35 to stay here especially for all the things that are included. (We stayed in April, I'm sure the cost is much higher in peak seasons.) There is: a bounce pillow, mini golf, multiple playgrounds, indoor pool, giant chess boards, game room, daily guided programs and activities, an indoor "warehouse" to play in for inclement weather! Inside that warehouse was a half sized basketball court, a huge movie being projected on the wall, arcade games, fooseball, board games, crafts and more I'm sure. There is also a pancake breakfast included as part of your stay every morning. As far as extra "add-ons", you could buy more food with breakfast and at the warehouse you could rent bikes and all sorts of fun equipment. We stayed here off season and the park was only about 1/4 full, perfect for us. I think this place would be crazy and overwhelming during the summer months. The only thing I really didn't like was at the indoor pool. I think to keep the place updated, they had painted the cement around the edge of the pool. It was extremely slippery and made me very nervous when my children were on the side of the pool. The staff were all amazing friendly and helpful. Bottom line: Would stay here again, off season. :)

Room Tip: Choose a site in the section closest to the main office for more privacy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank krustypup
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at many KOAs around the country, and actually stayed at this campground once previously. This year when we arrived we had a fast check-in, except they couldn't find our key. I was told that since I was VKR member that my "pass" should have been mailed to me so that I could drive straight to the cabin (which wouldn't have mattered, since the key wasn't there, either). They finally allowed me to have the back-up key. We were given yellow wristbands to show we were paid campers to access the pool and breakfast, but I was told we didn't actually have to wear them. This was true as no one actually checked to see if we had them.
Our cabin was a two-room cabin, one room with a double bed and one room with two bunkbeds. The lights took a LONG time to turn on all the way. While other KOAs have heaters in each room, built into the walls, this was apparently an older cabin. It had a mobile space heater which worked quite well, but that meant we couldn't close the door between the two rooms or one room would have been freezing cold.
Breakfast (all you can eat pancakes) is included in the resort fee, with extra options you can purchase. The pancakes were good, once we finally got them. The line was EXTREMELY long, and by the time we were served, they were out of bacon, sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns. The kids had to hover over other families, waiting for someone to finish so we could get a place at a table.
On our previous stay, free movies and popcorn were nightly events. This time, they only had it on Friday (and we were too late to see it). Instead, they had a very loud band on Saturday and some sort of trivia on Sunday.
Although the campground was very full, we never had a complaint about noise level. The bathrooms were always clean, and we had no problem with the shower. My daughter spent an hour in the pool and was pleased that the water was actually warm. There were a lot of kids in the pool, but they were all respectful of everyone's space. There wasn't a lifeguard, but a KOA employee was in the pool area keeping an eye on things. There are also three playgrounds, a game room, a jumping pillow, miniature golf, and an activity barn. It's kind of like going to summer camp.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a cabin, try to get one in the "Kove", as it is a quiet lane with on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid April and had a pretty good stay. We checked in and were surprised to find out how much the fees added up to, first there is a $6 a night "resort" (yes if you can call it that) charge and we knew that but then there was a pet fee and I had no idea about that. The fee was not too much but our dogs (3lbs) didn't leave our trailer once so the fee seemed kind of unappropriated but all the fees really did add up. We didn't run into any other fees at our over 5 other KOA stays down the west cost so this is not the norm even for places with pools.

The pool was really clean and that was a BIG plus for us because we used it twice during our stay. But as nice and clean as the pool was that was how awful the showers were. It gives me shivers thinking of the showers. We had to use them after the pool and didn't want to take showers in our trailer and were so surprised to find how gross they were. We used them 3 times during our stay and they were molding and dirty and as I was taking a shower the side of the shower stall kept falling off and into my leg, yuck! After I put the molding side of the shower back I washed my leg for a third time and never wanted to use it again!

The free pancakes for breakfast were nice and saved us having to make breakfast and the jumping pillow (like a trampoline but a big pillow) and the mini golf were fun. The laundry was also well kept and the game room was a fun thing but most of the games were broken and ate my money but the owners refunded me. It was a fun area (Astoria) to stay and we really enjoyed the museum in town but we were glad to leave the mud, rain and moldy showers behind after our short stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WashingtonResident
Long Beach
Reviewed May 7, 2013

From tents, RV's, Cabins, or Lodges, you have a choice in you level of 'camping.' We have done the cabins with no bathrooms (spring break) and tenting in the summer. Both were fun. They have a full size indoor pool which the kids love, bouncing pillow, miniture golf, chess, volley ball, tennis, playgrounds, etc. outside. They have recently added a rec center (in case it rains a lot) that has indoor theater, basketball, and more. They have free pancake breakfasts and icecream socials. Check your activities on line per weekend. Many activities are free but others can run up the $$'s. In off season, Thursday nights are usually free so if you shop wisely, this can be a great little vacation place that does not cost an arm and a leg. State park right accross the street. Seaside is about 10 miles away, Long Beach is about 25 miles. Tons of things to go see and do if you want to. We prefer just hanging at camp and enjoying the camping experience without roughing it too much.

Room Tip: Get a site with a water faucet. Costs a little more but with kids, it is so worth it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Deborah G
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night in a small cabin (KK9) and had a good time, but it needed some work. The door rubbed on the floor, so it was very difficult to open it all the way. Not sure why they haven't fixed it. For the price, you should expect the door to work correctly. This cabin had no bathroom (which we knew upon booking) but further from the community restroom than any KOA cabin we have stayed in before. Shower wasn't what we expected from a KOA. My husband had very little water pressure. I had great water pressure, but it was either scalding hot or freezing. I couldn't get it in between. It changed temperature even when I didn't touch it and only 3 of the 6 or so showers were being used. Service was great and very clean, but fix the door... We were even told at check in it had problems!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hammond
Cannery Pier Hotel
Shilo Inn Suites - Warrenton
Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria

Been to Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA? Share your experiences!