Astoria/Warrenton/Seaside KOA
$111
HIExpress.com
Atomic Motel(Astoria)
$79
Astoria Rivershore Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
$69
Travelocity
Columbia Inn(Astoria)
$69
Hotel Elliott(Astoria)
$139
All reviewsfree pancakespancake breakfastputt putt golfindoor poolpaved sitesgreat storesewer hosefire pithot tubgames roombasketball courtevery morningfort stevens state parkrv spotsper nightpet areabouncy pillow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have stayed at many KOAs around the country, and actually stayed at this campground once previously. This year when we arrived we had a fast check-in, except they couldn't find our key. I was told that since I was VKR member that my "pass" should have been mailed to me so that I could drive straight to the cabin (which wouldn't have mattered, since the key wasn't there, either). They finally allowed me to have the back-up key. We were given yellow wristbands to show we were paid campers to access the pool and breakfast, but I was told we didn't actually have to wear them. This was true as no one actually checked to see if we had them.
Our cabin was a two-room cabin, one room with a double bed and one room with two bunkbeds. The lights took a LONG time to turn on all the way. While other KOAs have heaters in each room, built into the walls, this was apparently an older cabin. It had a mobile space heater which worked quite well, but that meant we couldn't close the door between the two rooms or one room would have been freezing cold.
Breakfast (all you can eat pancakes) is included in the resort fee, with extra options you can purchase. The pancakes were good, once we finally got them. The line was EXTREMELY long, and by the time we were served, they were out of bacon, sausage, eggs, and hashbrowns. The kids had to hover over other families, waiting for someone to finish so we could get a place at a table.
On our previous stay, free movies and popcorn were nightly events. This time, they only had it on Friday (and we were too late to see it). Instead, they had a very loud band on Saturday and some sort of trivia on Sunday.
Although the campground was very full, we never had a complaint about noise level. The bathrooms were always clean, and we had no problem with the shower. My daughter spent an hour in the pool and was pleased that the water was actually warm. There were a lot of kids in the pool, but they were all respectful of everyone's space. There wasn't a lifeguard, but a KOA employee was in the pool area keeping an eye on things. There are also three playgrounds, a game room, a jumping pillow, miniature golf, and an activity barn. It's kind of like going to summer camp.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a cabin, try to get one in the "Kove", as it is a quiet lane with only cabins. The other cabins are around the playgrounds and activity barn-very loud.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid April and had a pretty good stay. We checked in and were surprised to find out how much the fees added up to, first there is a $6 a night "resort" (yes if you can call it that) charge and we knew that but then there was a pet fee and I had no idea about that. The fee was not too much but our dogs (3lbs) didn't leave our trailer once so the fee seemed kind of unappropriated but all the fees really did add up. We didn't run into any other fees at our over 5 other KOA stays down the west cost so this is not the norm even for places with pools.

The pool was really clean and that was a BIG plus for us because we used it twice during our stay. But as nice and clean as the pool was that was how awful the showers were. It gives me shivers thinking of the showers. We had to use them after the pool and didn't want to take showers in our trailer and were so surprised to find how gross they were. We used them 3 times during our stay and they were molding and dirty and as I was taking a shower the side of the shower stall kept falling off and into my leg, yuck! After I put the molding side of the shower back I washed my leg for a third time and never wanted to use it again!

The free pancakes for breakfast were nice and saved us having to make breakfast and the jumping pillow (like a trampoline but a big pillow) and the mini golf were fun. The laundry was also well kept and the game room was a fun thing but most of the games were broken and ate my money but the owners refunded me. It was a fun area (Astoria) to stay and we really enjoyed the museum in town but we were glad to leave the mud, rain and moldy showers behind after our short stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WashingtonResident
Reviewed May 7, 2013

From tents, RV's, Cabins, or Lodges, you have a choice in you level of 'camping.' We have done the cabins with no bathrooms (spring break) and tenting in the summer. Both were fun. They have a full size indoor pool which the kids love, bouncing pillow, miniture golf, chess, volley ball, tennis, playgrounds, etc. outside. They have recently added a rec center (in case it rains a lot) that has indoor theater, basketball, and more. They have free pancake breakfasts and icecream socials. Check your activities on line per weekend. Many activities are free but others can run up the $$'s. In off season, Thursday nights are usually free so if you shop wisely, this can be a great little vacation place that does not cost an arm and a leg. State park right accross the street. Seaside is about 10 miles away, Long Beach is about 25 miles. Tons of things to go see and do if you want to. We prefer just hanging at camp and enjoying the camping experience without roughing it too much.

Room Tip: Get a site with a water faucet. Costs a little more but with kids, it is so worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in a small cabin (KK9) and had a good time, but it needed some work. The door rubbed on the floor, so it was very difficult to open it all the way. Not sure why they haven't fixed it. For the price, you should expect the door to work correctly. This cabin had no bathroom (which we knew upon booking) but further from the community restroom than any KOA cabin we have stayed in before. Shower wasn't what we expected from a KOA. My husband had very little water pressure. I had great water pressure, but it was either scalding hot or freezing. I couldn't get it in between. It changed temperature even when I didn't touch it and only 3 of the 6 or so showers were being used. Service was great and very clean, but fix the door... We were even told at check in it had problems!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for four nights during spring break . We read all the reviews so we had a pretty good idea what to expect. They were right, the wi-fi was spotty and the cable tv didn't work (even though we paid for it) but we didn't mind. The park was pretty full in the area we were in (deluxe hook ups) but we had no problem with privacy. The employees were very nice, efficient and helpful. The kabins, bounce pillow, miniature golf, pool, free pancakes - all this just made me smile and say - only in America is this camping!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family