“Alwas a GR888888 Breakfast selection.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Alwas a GR888888 Breakfast selection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We have always enjoyed most all of the Shari's we have visited over the past fewyears when travelingin locations that have them. We have never had a disapointment yet, however we really only can comment on their breakfast due to the fact this has been the only type of meal we have ever received there. This one in Gresham was onthe top of our list for quality of food, service and clean atmosphere. Our server as well as their manager came by our table several times to see that everything was up to snuff! Value of quality and quantity ws normal for these type of resturants and that is why we go back time after time.

Harold & Doris from Kentucky

Visited August 2012

Gresham
“Pretty good for what it is.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is a 24 hour coffee-shop that people from other parts of the country would think of like Denny's, Norm's or Shoney's. Shari's are all over this part of the country and in my opinion is better than any of those listed above.

I have been to this Shari's a few times and was always treated very nice, in fact I could say the same about all the Shari's I've been to. It is a family restaurant and so it does get a little loud sometimes, especially when clueless parents allow their kids to bang utensils on the table relentlessly, yes it happened to us once, before the manager asked them to control the kid.

Honestly this is the kind of place I only do for breakfast, lunch or a late night snack. It's not the kind of place I think about for dinner, that's not bad it's just me. I think for a coffee shop they have a pretty diverse menu with pretty good food as long as you don't try to compare it to something it's not. The breakfast is good, the baked potato soup is excellent, the potstickers are something my wife loves. I think I had a patty melt that was okay.

Okay, a 4 star rating honestly is a pretty strong rating for me (check my other reviews) and breaks one of my rules about reviews, you don't give 5 stars because its inexpensive, but, if you consider any of the restaurants above as worthy of a 3 then Shari's deserves a 4, it also deserve MUCH better than the 1 1/2 it has overall because a few bad reviews.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gresham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrid horrid restaurant!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

we went here over 10yrs, me&my twins went for breakfast and found they changed the menu& prices& were confused what to order our favs not in the menu , i was told what we want'd wld be put into a meal, well we got the check&had been chargd for each item and the price was sick!
when i spoke to the managr she was so cold& said she wldn't do anything for me& i told her tht morning i was sick & cldn't cook had just enough $ til payday & then rest for breakfast & by what they did really hurt us! she didn't care in the slightest, how sickening is that! im still hurt by it and will never walk i their doors again!!! chassy k.

1 Thank kaegibaby
Columbia, South Carolina
“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

I ate at this restaurant, only because it was the lesser of two evils between it and fast food (which I avoid at all costs), and it was close to my hotel. It appeared to be the West coast version of the East coast restaurant Shoney's. It is definitely a family-friendly restaurant, which was the opposite of what I wanted, and the food was mediocre at best. The server was very good though.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“EEEEEEWWWW. Nasty stinky...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2008

EEEEEEWWWW. Nasty stinky smoking section that seeps throughout the whole restaurant.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook