“who gave this place the ZAGAT? REALLY”

Pollos A la Brasa El Inka
Ranked #22 of 177 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: Peruvian
Description: Authentic and traditional Peruvian food. Coming from a family of Peruvian chefs, this little restaurant serves exquisite Peruvian Food.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

thought with the reviews I would try it. Took my sweetheart there and the first impression of the place was RUN. it was dirty, service was poor at best, ordered a calamari and asked if we could get it first before are main meal. he said nothing. then brought all the food at once. Said the kitchen doesn't like to do that. OK. the calamari was mostly onion rings very little calamari Which was the worst I have ever tasted . I had to look at it to see what it was under the dried out breading looked like rubber bands, skinny ones. Had the chicken and it had good flavor but it was dried out and it had to be a game hen by the size of it. The fries were the only good thing on our table. If you don't believe this review, then go ahead and waste your money and time and bring some tums. I have eaten at hundreds of restaurants and have never not left a tip except here. GROSS.FOOD BAD SERVICE DIRTY DONT GO.

2  Thank Richard S
There are newer reviews for Pollos A la Brasa El Inka

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stick with the roasted chicken, it's the only thing worthy. Have eaten here 3times....but never again. Twice made the mistake of ordering off menu. Food was bland with frozen veggies. Service was very slow and inconsistent. Our table of three all ate at different times though we ordered at the same time. Each plate was delivered separately as if they could only cook one dish at a time. Only things really worthy is the roasted chicken, get it to go.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

...and the sauces are at least as good. Wood fired rotisserie, casual family environment, nice folks who run the place. I go almost once a week. Great lunch spot, affordable.

1  Thank J E
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had chicken with salad, fries, and plantains. The chicken was moist and tender and seasoned well. The sauces the server brings to the table are indescribably delicious. Salad was basic. Fries were great dipped in the variety of hot sauces and the plantains came with a lovely mango sauce that was slightly spicy. Decor is simple. Restaurant staff could turn the heat up a bit, as the place was cold. Bathroom needed toilet paper, and the paper towel dispenser didn't work. But those few little glitches did nothing to overshadow the great cooking of this simple yet amazing place.

1  Thank RhetoricRox
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love the chicken here. I don't know what the spices are but it was different than anything I have ever eaten. Intensly spicy but in an unexpected and delish way. Everybody here was friendly and bent over backwards for us. The kitchen staff even came to the table to see how we liked the food and brought us some samples of other things to try. It is kind of out of the way and I most likely would have never gone in if a coworker hadn't told me about it. Glad she did because it knocked our sock off. GREAT food for a good price.