“front desk couldn't be nicer or more helpful”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Reviewed September 7, 2010

nice hotel rooms were clean a little old fashion decor but very comfortable. The front desk were very nice and welcoming we dealt with three different people during our stay all were great. A restaurant that shares the same parking lot "Heidi's" is excellent....I was very happy with the food german/swiss what a treat...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2010

Away from the highway, there are three pillows per room that are full sized, I was worried after reading reviews here, the iron was dirty, new pillow top beds new beding, newer towels and no sign, I think the manegment must have changed sence that was writen.

Pleasent staff polite and funny.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank nnoonnee
Reviewed March 28, 2009

We were in town due to a family illness. The room was clean enough but that wasn't the problem. We had a minor accident in the gym (my son cracked a 4 inch section of glass). We notified the front dest person and they told us not to worry about it, that it would be fine. We checked out with no problems and when I got home there was a charge on my checking account for $600.00. The manager was extremely rude and would not return my phone calls. We were not notified of the charges ahead of time and it caused our checking account to be overdrawn, incurring more money lost. Will not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mileymoomoo
Reviewed June 26, 2007

This AAA 3-diamond hotel has clearly been misrated. I spent $90 to stay there the night before a job interview, rather than staying at a $40 Motel 6 or similar motel not far away. Why? I wanted to stay someplace nice and relaxing and quiet, and get a good night's sleep.

I knew there was a problem when I arrived (10:15 pm) and had to ring a tape-mounted remote doorbell to gain entry. Being able to smell the host from across the front desk was another bad sign, and I'm not referencing strong cologne! However, since I was arriving late, I'd already paid for the room, so decided to make the best of it.

In order to save space, I'll just go with a list of the lovely features I discovered in my non-smoking, queen-bed, $90 room:

Broken clock-radio (could not be set accurately and was cracked), permanently affixed to the nightstand and facing away from the wall -- that is, you had to sit up from the bed to see the numbers;

A number of long hairs and a big shoeprint on the bathroom floor;

Mildew of two colors -- orange and black -- in the shower grout;

A stained, dishrag-quality towel, with MORE long hair in it;

An insulting sign in the bathroom, asking guests who are paying $90 a night not to STEAL the dishrag-quality towels;

Two half-size pillows (think sofa pillows) for a queen-sized bed;

A stained mattress;

Sheets which I believe were made of burlap;

A running toilet;

A gross-looking ultra-cheap iron (I didn't know you COULD stain stainless steel), affixed with plastic-coated wire (to prevent theft) to

A Wal-Mart Special, extra-flimsy ironing board.

I wrote to Best Western customer service, and decided also to post this here. Past experiences with other Best Westerns have been positive, so I hope this is an aberration.

I'd recommend finding a nearby Motel 6 or Travelodge. They're more consistently clean than this dump was, and half the price!

Note: This hotel got a 1 (Terrible) from me in part because of the price -- that is, the actual value. If I'd paid $40, most of it wouldn't have surprised me too much; it'd be a minor annoyance, rather than something to write reviews about. If I'd paid $40, I'd probably give it a 2, because it was still poorly run.

Stayed: June 2007
6  Thank brig180
Reviewed April 30, 2007

Had stayed here 20 years ago so know it's not new but found it tired and in need of some redecorating. Housekeeping was sloppy, dusty surfaces. Bedspreads need replacement - should consider going to the all-fresh-linens, duvet approach. Breakfast buffet decent. Desk clerk very nice and eager to help.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Travelinginnkeeper
Reviewed May 1, 2006

I'm the spouse of the other San Diego reviewer. I wanted to add a couple of comments. I also thought the hotel was just fine. A feature in the room that I liked was that it had a rocker/recliner in the room. That was very nice. I tend to take a nap in the afternoons in the recliner at my house and it was nice to have the recliner in the room to take a nap.
I was a bit disappointed in that the pool and spa were closed due to the season and there was no mention about that when we were booking the hotel. We brought swim suits in anticipation of using the spa. We have one at home and really love a hot soak every evening. The bathroom sink/mirror arrangement is odd and is not optimal.
We will definitely request a courtyard side room next time. Not only are they quieter, they also have a small balcony that overlooks the pool area.
There is also a public computer set up in the lobby for people who don't have internet access so you can check emails, print out your boarding passes, etc. No fee to use the computer or printer.
My laptop that I bring with me has a modem and there was no fee for calling out to an 800 number from the room. So that was great!

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Hammster1
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed at the Pony Soldier Inn for 3 nights in April. The rooms are basic, but very clean. A small fridge and microvave are included. The staff here are very friendly and attentive. The continental breakfast was good and the attendants very friendly. They had extras such as yogurt, breakfast sandwiches and boiled eggs. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are availble in the lobby 24 hours a day. Free newspapers were also available. Only drawbacks: Rooms on the street have a fair amount of street noise, especially with the windows open. We would probably opt for a courtyard room next time. The sink arrangement in the bathroom was odd, in that the sink was in the corner of the counter, directly facing a mirrored corner, so that you had to turn one way or the other to look in the mirror while using the sink. Also note that while it is only 2 stories, there is no elevator. The restaurant next door is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the lunch we had there was very good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank SDTraveler59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!