“stained headrest on chair”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
auburn, United States
“stained headrest on chair”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel had a stain on the headrest of a chair. Not the seat. How do you do that. also don't hang a do not disturb sign up or the staff will not clean your room even if the sign is taken down at 10am. Oh and then they act like it was your fault they did not clean the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent nights here while volunteering for a youth sports event at the local community college. The staff were nice and the facility was clean. Almost everything worked. But there were some quirks. On two days my bathroom was not cleaned. On one day the garbage can by the desk was not emptied. On another day the coffee maker in the room was not cleaned and the coffee supply was not re-stocked. On Saturday night the A/C shut off so it was very toasty in the room the next morning. I jiggled the knobs and eventually it came back on. While the lack of coffee was an annoyance, the rest were not but they are not the kind of thing one would expect. The breakfast was OK: bagels, toast or an English muffin, hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, and cereal. They kept running out of coffee, though. The internet worked reasonably well except for one night where it was out. All in all, just OK. There is a Safeway nearby where you could purchase prepared meals or microwavable stuff. I would stay there again because it is the closest hotel to the venue.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marfak
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed at this BW quite a few times in last 10+ years and experience has always been excellent. It is good value compared to other hotels in the area. Complimentary breakfast is good. I will continue to stay here as long as my I am treated well and they provide good customer service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank surindersamra
albany
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently had to stay at this Best Western for 3 nights paid for by my employers. When I returned and checked my bank account I found they had charged my account $250.00 and said they smelled smoke in my room and found ashes. I do smoke but I went outside each time and I believe this gave them the opportunity to make these accusations. Never did they say one thing to me while I was there even though they cleaned the room each morning. I followed there rules and did not smoke in my room. I was asleep by 8pm and up at 3:30am so I was not even in the room for any great length of time just enough to shower and sleep. They were very sneaky in obtaining my information in order to charge me. If I had been guilty of smoking and incurring a $250.00 charge would I have given them them the information they needed to charge me. No of course not, but I was not guilty of anything so freely gave them the information they required for me to stay at their Inn. This is a scam to collect money to put bedspreads on the beds and afford decent pillows which they had neither. If you stay here be very, very wary of the owner and his devious methods.

Room Tip: just find a better place to stay. do not stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Cathy D

Travelers are raving about these Gresham hotels

Goldendale, Washington
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Found hotel staff friendly and curteous. Rapidly responded to all request and needs. Breakfast was filling and had plenty of choices. Found room clean, neat and well laid out, just wish they had a TV channel listing that was accurate. Slept well and found the bed very comfortable. Great access off of Hwy 84.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north side away from the street, however, if you're trying to sleep dur...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank GUY T
Gresham
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hotel is reasonable but service is below expectations. Owner is not business or service savvy, hotel area is very loud, and rooms are dirty. If service was at least average then this hotel would have received an average. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!