“Happy Hour is a Great Deal!”

Original Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #13 of 180 Restaurants in Gresham
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin' atmosphere. You'll find peanuts served in buckets and peanut shells on the floor. Country music, classic rock and blues can be heard coming out of our jukebox. Bring in the whole family and crew in for a fun and delicious experience at an All American Steakhouse. Our signature rolls and mouth watering food cooked on our open-flame grill will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

So, we used to eat here quite a bit, but in recent years, we have to agree with other reviewers that things have changed...it's not the hit it was years back. Prices are higher, certain portions are smaller and there's a definite lack with the service.

That being said, we were given some gift cards for the place, and who's going to turn down a free meal? When we got there, I suggested that we check out the Happy Hour just in case. After a quick perusal of their $5 offerings, we gave it a try.... and we were NOT disappointed. Sure, it's not the regular menu, but there were lots of great things on the Happy Hour menu......I had the shrimp skewer with sweet potato fries, husband had the cheeseburger and fries. We also shared an order of the Texas Egg Rolls, which was full sized and WAY more than we thought it would be. We are kind of Happy Hour snobs, and we both agreed we needed to come back and try more menu items.

ALSO, our waitress was extremely friendly and helpful, even though she was the only one working the bar....wish I remembered her name.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Roadhouse used to be one of our favorite guilty pleasures. They used to have fresh rolls with the best honey butter. Our last trip was a big disappointment. The rolls were stale, the butter bland and I had probably the worst steak I have ever been served at a restaurant. I ordered the tri tip and it was super tough and rubbery. When the waitress noticed I hadn't eaten much of the steak she asked if I wanted a box and I declined. She was surprised and asked again and I told her it was really tough. She had her manager take half the price of the steak off our bill which was nice. That said, we will be in no rush to go back.

1  Thank Drew510
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arriving late in Gresham we wanted a quick and easy bite to eat at somewhere still open. Here we got good value, large portions of tasty food. Although we are late there were still plenty of people dining and there was a pleasant atmosphere and staff we helpful and friendly.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Having just returned from a trip down south and visiting the Texas Roadhouse I went into the Roadhouse Grill hoping to find a similar experience. While there are definitely some similarities the quality of food is not equal.

Like the Texas Roadhouse the fun aspect has to be the peanuts that are brought to your table. You shuck them and throw the shell on floor. I love that! I tried that at home but it did not go over well. They also serve hot rolls before your meal, again as does the other Roadhouse. The buns they serve at the other Roadhouse are delicious, the ones here are not. In fact, I found them pretty bland.

The food was average, with the traditional BBQ faire. We all had something different and no one raved about their meals.

I may be back at some point but the food was certainly not a huge draw to come back.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Food was good, server forgot things in our party of 6 so we had to have items removed from check and drink refills were not handled quickly or remembered by servers. That was fine. A lot of Birthdays going on with songs this evening. Food is good, priced right but it is a very loud atmosphere, very loud. There was about a 10 minute wait with one side of restaurant was empty. Management must of been short on wait people to have not opened the area. Parking lot was a minor problem, had to circle a couple of times to find a spot. It was a Wednesday evening, so it appears they do a big business all week long. We would eat here again if we lived in the area but we were traveling and were taken here to meet with other relatives and enjoy a dinner together but that can be hard to do when you have to yell across the table to talk. As indicated, a loud place.