“I don't get it...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I haven't experienced terrible service like some of the other reviewers, but honestly I just don't get all the love for this place. The food isn't awful, it just reminds me of the meals we used to get when we'd go visit my grandma at her retirement home. Just bland, generic, inoffensive American food. Their "specialty" mushroom soup seriously underwhelmed me and the "homemade" bread was dry and day-old tasting. I've only been there a couple of times but haven't had anything that made me want to go back. Maybe it's more of a nostalgia thing for some people? The atmosphere *is* nice, I guess, if you're into that kind of thing.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

I was up late last night trying to decide where we would go for our 3rd wedding anniversary and found a $25 gift certificate on restaurants.com for Trufflehunter. We only had a babysitter for a little while so we wanted a place close to home. The food and service were very good. I had the top sirloin with fries and my wife had chicken Madeira.

Reviewed March 24, 2009

I hate to admit it, but I've been driving 25+ miles (one-way) to get pie from the Truffle Hunter for many years! Their pie is better than the best home-made pie I know of, and I make a pretty good Raspberry Ribbon pie myself! The crust is totally flaking and tender, the fillings are sublime, and the portion size is marvelous. My favorites are the Raspberry Cream cheese, Rhubarb Apple Crumb, Coconut Praline, and Pumpkin. However, it is fair to say that I've never had a piece of pie there that I didn't like. In fact, I'm such a pie fanatic, I order my pie first so that if they have baked my favorite, I won't miss it by ordering after dinner.

In addition, to fabulous pie, their entrees are terrific as well. I am especially partial to their Pot Roast, which tastes really home-made (but much easier than cooking it for hours myself). The stuffed potatoes are calorie ladened, but so good! Their dinner rolls are home-made, hot sourdough-ish goodness that makes me want to beg for more, even though I'm stuffed! They used to have bar-b-qued pork ribs that were amazing. And their sandwiches are all made on yummy homemade bread and HUGE! I seriously recommend either ordering a half a sandwich, or sharing with a dining companion.

So, in closing, all I can say is that if you're looking for really high quality, home-made tasting food that is reasonably priced ... go no further than the Truffle Hunter.

Reviewed February 16, 2009

The trufflehunter has Historic Gresham charm and their homemade breads and sandwiches are great. It's a house turned restaurant that many people might miss driving by-stop on in, it's good food. Only downside-they are pretty busy saturday mornings so service may be a tad slow, but the owners and workers are very polite. I don't know why people are giving this restaurant a bad review...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed January 24, 2009

I couldn't stand their bread or their "homestyle (?)" meals. Whose home are they talking about anyway?

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook