“Sweet country/victorian...”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Sweet country/victorian...”
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Sweet country/victorian atmosphere. Sandwiches are delicious. Space is a little cramped.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

oregon
“"We Don't Care"”
Reviewed September 16, 2007

I also had an experience where the owner said "We Don't Care" if you come back or not. So unprofessional. Place is small and service can be all over the place. I have been there a number of times and you never know what you'll get. Sometimes nice and quick and sometimes slow and grumpy. All depends on how busy they are because they do have a small kitchen and really can not accomodate all the tables full in a timely manner. If you do go in a group (we had 12) you can be squished in a room -- uncomfortable. Bread for sandwiches are homemade with THICK bread. Whether you like it or not depends on whether you like that much bread. Last time I had fresh fruit salad with CANNED peaches!

3 Thank beanie2020
Gresham, OR
“Big Fan - Repeat Customer”
Reviewed March 2, 2006

Ignore the May 16th 2005 review of this restaraunt. The owners Mother clearly has some special needs and is allowed to help out in the restaraunt. Next time they should complain to the right person.

I have eaten at the restaraunt many times, and taken groups as large as 18. The only complaint anyone has ever made was on speed of service, but it is generally about a 15-20 minute wait. The longest wait we ever had with our group of 18 was 30 minutes.

I have never had anyone complain about the food. The deserts and sandwiches are excellent, and the sandwiches are huge! Prices are a steal. Whenever I have friends come in town, this is one of the first places we eat at. I think this is the best dinning experience in Gresham, and easily in my top 5 unique restaraunts in the Portland area.

6 Thank Sara G
A TripAdvisor Member
“I love this place”
Reviewed January 5, 2006

I have been going to trufflehunter since I was in high school, which was the late 80's. I have lived in many different states and this is still one of my favorite places to eat! The hour long wait on some days speaks for how good the food is. It is a small place and the wait can be a little long, but all the food is made from stratch! Slow down and enjoy your food!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awful service and bizarre dining!”
Reviewed May 15, 2005

We went in on Sunday May 14, 2005. We ordered food, and after waiting 45 minutes and our waitress never coming by the table, began to go from waitperson to waitperson to ask about our food. Eventually the food was delivered and my omelet was okay. My wife ordered waffle with fruit and ice cream. She got 5 scoops of vanilla ice cream on an underdone waffle with a bowl of cantelope on the side. She couldn't eat it, it was so awful. When we complained we were told the kitchen was too small, and they had a big order ahead of us. We replied we would not come back. A woman who was identified as the owners mother took our complaint, and as she walked away she replied " we don't care!. I recommend you stay away from this place!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member