“Excellent sandwich place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Trufflehunter
Ranked #3 of 173 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairview, Oregon
“Excellent sandwich place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Don't go if you're not hungry. I have never been able to finish
more that half of a sandwich here. The selection is outstanding
and the bread is made fresh with several options. I have never
been disappointed. The service can be a little slow, but the
place is usually crowded. Only complaint is the set up for paying
your bill-kind of strange and no real direction there.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kay H

“A family favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I have been going to this place for years. We brought our kids here as babies and now they are 11 and 14! I encourage more biracial couples and all races to give this lovely place a try. We are always treated with respect and are well served. My kids love it there. It's unique. We love the food and pies and coffee. This is has been my favorite place for years.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank nogeromom
Vancouver, Washington
“Nostalgic Meal in Vintage Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Four of us recently dined at the Trufflehunter in Gresham. It is in an old house with several small rooms and antique tables and chairs. The food is delicious with large portions. One of our party ordered a Monte Cristo sandwich. The slice of homemade bread almost covered the plate. It was huge! Half was taken home. I had a pork schnitzel and mashed potatoes and gravy. The pork was also huge (I took half home). the pork and gravy were delicious - the potatoes were odd (almost tasted ike instant). The men had steak and Yankee pot roast. They were well satisfied. The cost for four of us with coffee was about $70.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank VancouverUSA
Portland, Oregon
“Mountain Man Burger - No climbing needed...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

...but a big appetite is! Want one of the best treats in the metro area? An over sized homemade bread of choice sandwiches ground beef, ham, bacon, fried egg, cheddar and jack cheeses, grilled onions, lettuce and tomato. Freshly prepared vinegar and salt chips accompany. Trufflehunter's beer battered fries are an excellent side - if you have the room. Ditto for the soups and the abundant pie choices. Sour cream lemon, marionberry and rich chocolate creations go quickly!

• Visited August 2011
Portland, Oregon
“Highly recommended by friends but lacking in quality”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I've tried Trufflehunter several times because my friends all love it but it seems like a little-better-than-average sandwich place. I haven't even found many desserts I like here.

Visited November 2011