“Long time returnee”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Lancaster, California, United States
“Long time returnee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Have stayed here may times since 2005, most times for several days at a time. Never badly disappointed. This time was a bit different.

Called several days ahead for a reservation for 4 nights in a king suite, close to the hot tub. Was told no problem. I asked for a confirmation to be emailed and again no problem I was told.

Couple of days went by and I called in the evening. I got a young lady who relayed the second request for a confirmation to I believe it was Tim, not sure, and found out they had the wrong email address. OK understandable it happens. They assured me it was sent that night and even gave me the room number of 114 which was great, right across from the hot tub.

Forgot to follow up on the confirmation, and since they told me the room # AND I always had a good experience (see my previous reviews) I trusted them.

We arrived as planned and since I had to feed the puppy and my bride was using her card (points) She went in and registered us. I followed a few minutes later and after the paperwork was done I checked it and found they only booked us for 3 nights. Things happen and that is why I always ask for a confirmation. Also found out our room was changed. No biggie right next door but not what I expected.

Room was clean to a fault. All the plumbing and electrical worked, (never turned on the TV). Hit the hot tub first thing after seeing my people we were visiting and slept like a rock.

The rooms were done about 8 years ago and they are showing their age. The electrical outlets are planned for the technology needs 10 years ago and there were not enough outlets for the lights, coffee maker, computer charger and cell phones. Other than the above the room was very good.

Maid service was great as far as cleaning but trying to get extra towels for the hot tub? Forget it. We had to ask the desk clerk every day even though we asked the maid repeatedly.

Would I return and recommend the place? Considering the price, location and shape of the room basically the answer would very much be yes.

Room Tip: Get the King suite downstairs. Not that much more and there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

The room was the cleanest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Staff was friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. Neighborhood's a bit sketchy but just stay alert. We felt safe and comfortable in the hotel and you could not beat the price!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Anacortes, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The room was clean and spacious. They neighborhood left a lot to be desired. The building was secured and the front lobby closed at 9:00 pm but had to worry about all of the folks wandering neighborhood at all hours. Lots of drug paraphernalia laying on the sidewalks. If you stay do not leave anything in your car of any value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 139 in Portland

Been to Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR? Share your experiences!