“awful, just awful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Sandy, Oregon
“awful, just awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

What has happened to Red Lobster? Since I was last there it has gone from 5 * to 1*.
Friendly staff for sure, but that doesn't make up for a plate of tough, heavily breaded
and deep fried, tasteless (even some unidentifiable) seafood. A meager salad was
also included.

Two of us ordered a sample plate, which arrived with quantity, but no quality.
This was not an inexpensive choice with probably 90% being put into a plastic-like
box (likely to taste exactly like the seafood if I were prone to sample it) to bring home.
Three of us were guests of the 4th and no complaints were registered among ourselves
or to the.staff. But none of us ate much of the expensive meal.

I urge you not to go. Save your money for it is a lot to pay for a huge disappointment.
When I was told where we were dining I responded with enthusiasm. Now I enthusiastically
and empathetically say "Don't go!".

PS Why did I box it up to bring home to throw out? I asked myself that and realized so that
the host at the meal (who also boxed up his meal) would feel better than if I had returned the
meal virtually uneaten.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

After finishing our trip in portland we (my parents and boyfriend) had to dine somewhere. The Red Lobster was recommended by the staff of our RV-park.
The menu was for forgeins a bit difficult, but our waitress was very patient and was very helpfull.
We ate two of the menu's; one with lobster and shrimp and one with crunchy shrimp and fish, they where delicious! I ate the grilled halibut, it had a nice soft taste and without bones. As a side dish you could have a lot of different meals (french fries, broccoli, aspergus etc.) and also get a caesar or farmer salad!
The waitress was very kind and the food, also a very lovely desert, where good!

Hood River, Oregon
“Yawn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

To celebrate our Birthdays my wife asked to go to Red Lobster due to their advertizing on Lobster specials. Arrived at 2:00PM to a 1/3 full dining area. We had eaten here before and it had been 4 star, this time things has really changed.

We asked if the lobster was fresh and received an affirmative answer. Lobster was rubbery and clearly hadbeen frozen. The 6 shrimp (calls Prawns on the menu) we cooled in such a way that they all stuck together as a mat. They we well over cooked. My fish and chips came as a solid sheet of frozen halibut that was ok for a sidewalk trailer restaurant. The cheese bisquits came out and were edible but crumbly. Cesaer salad was tasty but strangely small. The highlight was the Carrot Cake desert which was quite good. Service was at first hoovering over us and then disappeared.

The wait staff had been informed of our 2 birthdays. They informed me that their birthday celebration was only done if 1) you bought 1 desert for each customer at your table ) had ordered each patron a Lobster special dish. This came own to them sticking a candle in one of the deserts and a lack luster rendition of Happy Birthday...we passed the singling and the candle and shared a desert.

It will take us quite a while before we return.

• Visited February 2014
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“Changed or ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I haven't been here since march 2013 so I thought perhaps with the not so good reviews that they had received something (may have changed) so I took my love out to dinner, Ok so here is the new change, we spent $81.00 for a dinner or that is, we all brought some of the food home just too throw it away. Service taste plate appeal Rolls and Caesar salad all (2), Meal I had was the shrimp and lobster, I ate the leather shrimp there and brought the rubber lobster home, as I was getting to irritated waiting for service and food, the rubber lobster went in the garbage, I spent 29.00 on 12 pieces of shrimp and a couple rolls and a sprite, this is twice now and its sadly worse. I was hoping things had changed. I don't know if anyone reads these reviews however, if it were me I would read the reviews and make a FEW Changes. just my taste buds opinion.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This site just goes to show that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Two sisters and I went to this Red Lobster today, and had absolutely terrific food and exemplary service. We arrived after the lunch crush,about 2:00 pm, and were seated immediately. A server appeared while we were still getting comfortable, and asked about drinks or water, which we received in a minute or less. Hot biscuits followed -- and I'm sorry, but I don't know any way to make a biscuit without salt, so if you're on a salt-free or low-salt diet, don't eat the biscuits. About the only complaint I have about any Red Lobster is that they don't serve butter with the hot biscuits -- don't know why, but I've never gotten butter in any RL in about 10 different states. Oh well. Butter was promptly brought when requested. We ordered a variety of dishes, and all were delivered promptly by a friendly, personable server. Salads (Caesar and regular) were crisp, fresh and cold with dressing on the side as requested. Entrees followed promptly. A beef steak was cooked to perfection, and a salmon steak was perfect. We couldn't finish all the food, and to-go containers were delivered, along with extra biscuits and sauces. We were very pleased with our experience, and will definitely go back. (To the reviewer who complained about a dog in the establishment, because the owner was clearly "not blind", perhaps that person is not aware of the Americans with Disabilities Act, which allows certified service dogs to accompany owners. And disabilities requiring service dogs are not limited to those who are vision impaired. If the dog did not wear a "Service Dog" emblazoned harness, you can ask the management that it be removed. And the management generally does not allow service dogs unless the appropriate certificate is presented upon request. A true service dog must pass stringent requirements to be so certified, and some people may not be aware of this. To tarnish the establishment's reputation because of your own unfamiliarity with facts and laws is unfair, to say the least -- in my opinion, anyway.)

• Visited November 2013