“Great food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing! Our 6 year old gives it a 2 thumbs up:) staff was friendly service was amazing. We will go back

• Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon, United States
“Best Mexican food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a great little spot for intimate dinners or small family ordeals! The food is excellent! Not to mention that it is very reasonably priced for the large portions you receive!

Visited April 2013
“DISRESPECTFUL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

LISTEN UP EVERYBODY ! If you have a child don't bother eating here! We have been customers of this restaurant since they opened up. A few months back I brought our son with us to eat, he is 19 months... Well as most parents know when your child eats they make MESSES , kind of impossible for that not to happen! Well we came back today with a family member to whom we raved about this awesome restaurant so they could try it, as soon as we walk in the door we get chewed out and told not to come back because my CHILD left a mess behind! The visit in which they are referring to I remember clearly , yes my ONE year old got a little rice on the floor! I even asked our waitress for a broom, her reply.. "No it's ok,I'll get it" and giggled. I apologized and she said DONT worry about it.. After all he is a CHILD. And my child is well behaved for his age and heaven forbid he didnt get every single grain of rice into his mouth at once! He is a one year old child for christ sake! This establishment has lost business from us and everyone I know. This is NO way to run a place! DONT BRING YOUR KIDS HERE! This USED to be out favorite place to eat but we've been 86'd due to our child!

2 Thank Noneofyourbusiness2
Sandy, Oregon
“The magic is gone”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our recent experience at Agave Azul was sadly disappointing. The service was poor, unless you were in the bar playing video poker. Don't expect water, don't expect chips and salsa before your meal. Expect to pay for the quarter of a quesadilla they serve to everyone in lieu of the chips and salsa. Conveniently the cost just shows up on your bill. Don't order the fish tacos, (not sure what type of fish comes in mushy pellets) and by all means, do not order the chili relleno or the nachos, which barely pass as food. If you are seated near the door, you are greeted with a cold burst of wind when the video poker players head into the bar. Need I go on? This was one of the worst dining experiences we have had in a very long time.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“A Local Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Agave Azul was recommended by a friend a year ago and the restaurant has since become one of my favorites. Food is fresh and prepared to order. Dining and cantina areas are clean and the service is very friendly. We'll go back again when in the mood for authentic Mexican fare.

• Visited July 2012