“Nice Place for a Casual Brunch”

Sweet Betty's Bistro
Ranked #5 of 173 Restaurants in Gresham
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving amazing breakfast and lunch all day, everyday! We have great specials and even better bloody mary's. We host private parties at night. Seasonal Patio Seating and a kid's play area. Recently remodeled.
Oregon
“Nice Place for a Casual Brunch”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ate here this morning with daughter; I was a little concerned after reading iffy reviews on Yelp and Urban Spoon, but wanted to make up my mind myself!

Upon entering, it's a little unsure about what to do--wait to be seated or seat ourselves. We couldn't see a sign, and the guys behind the counter were far enough away that we couldn't see any indication what they wanted us to do. So we just chose a spot!

The décor is kind of hip (as far as this 40-year-old knows); the wait staff is definitely dressed casually, but that doesn't worry me. Seemed like things were clean and in order (bathroom was clean).

LOTS of breakfast choices on the menu. I had a scramble with tomatoes and cottage cheese on the side (7.75); daughter has a scramble with hashbrowns (9.95). We both had iced tea, which the waiter kept filled. The wait for the breakfast might have been a little long, since there was only one other table seated in the restaurant, but we weren't in a hurry, so it wasn't really noticeable. Apparently, they are well known for their Bloody Mary's and Mimosas, but we didn't sample these.

• Visited September 2013

Gresham, Oregon
“Breakfast, Lunch and service you will like!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

One of our favorite breakfast & lunch spots in the Gresham Area. Easy parking and the food prep is constant & dependable. Very popular for breakfast on Saturday & Sunday but worth the wait.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank larryzoe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Always excellent food and great customer service. The staff are always pleasant and go out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank MSM97080
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite place in town!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Great staff and always tasty food! We always make sure to spend our Saturday mornings at Sweet Betty's.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank fastback570
Gresham, Oregon
“Saturday Morning Haunt”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Sweet Betty's is my Saturday morning haunt fore sure. Faith, the owner, and her staff add to the charm of this place and its attitude, just as the sign out front states. The food is consistent and I have never had anything that I did not like. They work around my allergies which for me is a big plus. If you are a fan of a Monte Cristo you have to try the one here, it is the best I have had, and that is saying a lot since I have had them from Hong Kong to Paris to London and all over the US. With my Gluten Allergy it is a huge no no, but I have it for my once every 6 month treat.

The other great thing about Sweet Betty's is they allow dogs on the deck, one of very very few in Gresham that do. Baxter, my Alaskan Klee Kai, loves to come during the summer and just hang out with everyone.

This is not a five star diner, it is a great home cook place were you feel welcome and at home, what you see is what you get. I love Sweet Betty's give it a try with an empty stomach and your snobbery checked at the door.

Debi