“Very satisfied again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
palm desert ca
“Very satisfied again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed at different location of this chain in the Portland ares for over ten years and have always been satisfied. Our stay this time was a week and a half, and we enjoyed a new amenity, breakfast food available each morning in the lobby. WiFi is now free also. A best buy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank morteight
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are incredibly grateful that you continue to choose our Hotels for your "Home away from Home" while you travel. 10 years is a long history of patronage and Extended Stay America couldn't be more excited to continue to serve you long into the future. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our Free Wireless Internet and our Grab and Go Breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was very impressed with this nice motel for my almost week long stay in Portland. My room with a single queen bed (which I requested via Priceline express deals) was next to the end of hall outside door on the first floor. It was quiet and comfortable. The airconditioner/heater worked well, the tv remote did not work and after replacing the remote at the front desk, it still didn't work. The staff was friendly and efficient, and while I was out, they replaced the remote with one that worked. The fridge was a bit noisy when running, but not really out of the ordinary. Coffee and "grab and go" breakfast was okay with me since I brought my own food (Safeway is a couple of blocks away). I will stay here again in the future on trips to Portland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank javan49
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. We are glad your guest room was so comfortable.As well, while I am sorry that you experience an issue while staying with us, I am happy to read that we were able to resolve it. As for the refrigerator, I am sorry this made a noise and am having our maintenance staff look into repairing it. I am proud of our team for providing you with a "Home away from Home."

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future when you do return.
Blackfoot, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here on July 23, 2013 and had a difficult time getting a room to stay in. We were first placed in a smoking room against our wishes. When we got to the room it was not clean. There were fretto chips by the chair, old food split and baked on in the microwave and some unclean stain down the side of the bed-skirt (I'll let you imagine what THAT was!) Also there is no ice machines on the complex so you have to use ice from an ice tray in the refridgerator that someone else has filled.
We were then put into another room and we found a billing slip on the foot rest that showed the current guest still had the room for another 3 days. So back to the front desk.
We were ready to be placed into another hotel but the manager inspected the 3rd room prior to us entering and so we stayed the night.
The hotel is also off the beaten path and a little hard to find.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank C H
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I apologize that your first room did not match what you had reserved. While this does happen from time to time we certainly do our best to honor these elements of every guests reservation. As well, I am sorry that the first two rooms offered were unclean. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure our guest rooms are cleaned properly moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at gre@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Gresham hotels

Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

It seems that many of the reviewers don't know what to expect from an extended stay facility. The hotel amenities are minimal: no business center, workout room, hot breakfast bar, daily housekeeping or pool. But what you do get is a clean, well-lit room with cooking facilities and a full-size fridge, windows that open, a firm bed, a comfortable chair, a 32-inch LCD TV with showtime, ample parking in a brightly lit lot, and a good cooling system. I found the staff to be remarkably helpful; I contact them beforehand to request a room on the second floor, and they arranged it. I also found the "Grab and Go" breakfast to be just right: coffee, a choice of apples and oranges, and a couple of different carbohydrate options (muffin, granola bar). The neighborhood is an industrial park, so travellers without a car will find they have somewhat limited dining options, but if you have a vehicle, the location is terrific: near light rail, easy freeway access. I thought it was great and would stay again without reservation. A special thanks to Lyneesha (not sure of spelling), the manager. She was a gem!

Room Tip: Guests who smoke tend to do so near doorways, so if you want your windows open, pick a room in the m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough and friendly review. I'm glad that our service and amenities made your trip pleasurable. Laneisha was excited to read her name in your comments as was our team in reading your entire review.

Levittown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Upon arrival we were shown to a room in which the mattress was open and slit lengthwise as if something had been stashed in it. W complained to front desk and although it took a while, we were eventually given an acceptable room. From that point everything was good.But it was a rocky start!

Room Tip: 2nd floor has less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dennis C
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your first room was found in the condition you described. Our entire team strives to provide the best possible experience and I am sorry to read we missed that goal with your first room; however, I am please to hear we were able to remedy the issue and get you in another room. Still, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please contact me, at gre@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Brookston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Front desk employees are fantastic, cordial and amazingly helpful. This hotel offers a good nights sleep, grab and go breakfast, laundry facilities and close to airport. Rooms are clean and pretty much odorless.. Windows open which is a plus for fresh air, as most hotels now will not allow the opening of windows and this is a plus. Pillows are plentiful and beds are very comfortable and the room is nicely furnished and roomy. Towels and washcloths are soft and not scratchy which is nice after a warm shower. The only down side to this hotel is the elevator carpet is badly stained and the hall carpets are showing wear and are showing foot traffic, and I know first impressions are permanent, but don't let this discourage you, as the rooms appear to have all new carpet. I stayed in two different rooms in the week I was there and both rooms the carpet appeared to be newer and clean. For the price of this hotel and the ability to cook and not eat out, I would stay again, if in this area...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that our front desk staff was friendly, cordial and helpful! Our services and amenities and location seem to have suited your needs as well, which is fantastic to read. We strive to provide a "Home away from Home" experience, I am so glad to read that we met that expectation for you. I am proud to announce that we will be refreshing the hall carpet and elevator carpet before too long as well, which is great news as this should make your experience at this hotel even more enjoyable!

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is not expensive and includes an in-room kitchenette. Unfortunately, we had the worst night of our trip here. Our room was on the ground floor, and the building is surrounded on all sides by parking -- there is no way to escape the sound of slamming doors and revving engines early in the morning. However, the big problem was the elderly 3/4 size fridge in the corner of the room. It whined and wheezed loudly throughout the night and should have been replaced years ago.

The breakfast nook in the front entrance was a packaged muffin, cereal bars and coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that noise from the refrigerator in your room and from the outside parking lot disturbed you throughout the night.. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am having the refrigerator repaired and we are looking into different ways we can minimize noise outside the hotel.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at gre@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#13 of 138 in Portland
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!