Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Brookston
“Nice..”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Front desk employees are fantastic, cordial and amazingly helpful. This hotel offers a good nights sleep, grab and go breakfast, laundry facilities and close to airport. Rooms are clean and pretty much odorless.. Windows open which is a plus for fresh air, as most hotels now will not allow the opening of windows and this is a plus. Pillows are plentiful and beds are very comfortable and the room is nicely furnished and roomy. Towels and washcloths are soft and not scratchy which is nice after a warm shower. The only down side to this hotel is the elevator carpet is badly stained and the hall carpets are showing wear and are showing foot traffic, and I know first impressions are permanent, but don't let this discourage you, as the rooms appear to have all new carpet. I stayed in two different rooms in the week I was there and both rooms the carpet appeared to be newer and clean. For the price of this hotel and the ability to cook and not eat out, I would stay again, if in this area...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that our front desk staff was friendly, cordial and helpful! Our services and amenities and location seem to have suited your needs as well, which is fantastic to read. We strive to provide a "Home away from Home" experience, I am so glad to read that we met that expectation for you. I am proud to announce that we will be refreshing the hall carpet and elevator carpet before too long as well, which is great news as this should make your experience at this hotel even more enjoyable!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This place is not expensive and includes an in-room kitchenette. Unfortunately, we had the worst night of our trip here. Our room was on the ground floor, and the building is surrounded on all sides by parking -- there is no way to escape the sound of slamming doors and revving engines early in the morning. However, the big problem was the elderly 3/4 size fridge in the corner of the room. It whined and wheezed loudly throughout the night and should have been replaced years ago.

The breakfast nook in the front entrance was a packaged muffin, cereal bars and coffee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that noise from the refrigerator in your room and from the outside parking lot disturbed you throughout the night.. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am having the refrigerator repaired and we are looking into different ways we can minimize noise outside the hotel.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at gre@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We were looking for something reasonable on a holiday weekend on our way to the Oregon Coast for vacation. It took about 20 minutes to drive into downtown Portland with little traffic, which was shorter than we expected. We paid a lot less than at a more picturesque location, but all we did was sleep here, so it was money well saved. We did have food with us for our beach vacation, so it was good to have a full size fridge to keep things cold. All in all, it was a great choice for us.

If you like a really hard bed, you'll get a great night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that our hotel was close to Portland for you, that the fridge was an added benefit and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you enjoyed your vacation in our beautiful state and hope to see you again when you return!
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at several of these hotels when I can get the room for a good price. Good location near the Columbia River and Blue Lake park for my bike rides. I stayed in a queen suite that had a kitchenette including a full size refrigerator, cooktop, counters, microwave, etc. Dishes and silverware are provided. Good-sized flat screen, need more TV stations. Slow Wi-Fi. You can pay more daily for increased speed, but I couldn't see the difference. Thin walls, or I had unusually noisy neighbors on both sides.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drdroad
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We are also glad that you liked the many amenities our rooms offer. Still, I am sorry to read about our internet speed and will look into this further. I also apologize for the noisy neighbors and will ensure my staff are properly addressing these issues in the future.

WA, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Got a great rate on the Extended Stay America website for a one night stay. Hotel building looks good and our room was on the ground floor. It was small but had a queen size bed, little kitchen area, nice bathroom. I was a bit nervous on arrival as the windows were wide open and an air freshener was sitting on the table next to the bed. However we did not notice any weird smells during our stay. The only complaint I have was the creaking ceiling. The person in the room above liked to walk around a lot and at 2am in the morning it was a bit much. Breakfast to go was a granola bar and an apple, better than nothing.

Room Tip: I would request the top floor to avoid any creaking ceiling noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and your room. I am sorry the window was open upon your arrival and the noise from the room above caused a disturbance. We have already taken corrective measures on prepping the rooms for guests' arrival as well as working with our staff regarding excessive noise. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was relocating to Portland and looking for a place to stay while finding an apartment. The property was clean with ample free parking. It was easy to get on and off the freeway and there were various places to eat nearby as well as a Safeway.

I could have used more than two forks, etc., but I was glad to have a clean functioning kitchen for a reasonable price.

Lots of people bring their pets. However, the room I stayed in did not smell like pet dander.

All the employees I met were friendly.

The laundry room was clean and quite large and the machines worked well.

Room Tip: The room type I had requested was ignored. So you might want to clarify the room type you had alrea...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. Our team works incredibly hard to provide a clean hotel and friendly service. We were all excited to read that we met your expectations! It sounds like you received a great value with us and all our amenities. I am disheartened by the fact your room type request was not honored. Please know that we will make every effort to change this so everyone receives the room type they request and that we sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After pricing places in downtown Portland that were rated as high as this place I decided to save $30-$60 a night and stay here. Since this place is basically geared towards people who need an "extended stay" there really is no lobby, not like I ever hang out in one. A negative if you are wanting a gym, this place doesn't have one. This is a clean place to stay with a large room, comfortable bed, small kitchen, table to eat at, flat screen TV, and a good bathroom. I stayed on the side closest to the freeway but the noise didn't bother me. I have stayed in downtown hotels and the walls were very thin, it wasn't as bad here. The towels are the only weak point in room quality. The check-in was easy for me and the staff was nice. I recommend you keep any online reservations you print out for when you check in and out, it makes the process easier/faster. The location is close to a few fast food places, within walking distance. The parking was okay, maybe a little tight up front but there is plenty of parking on the side and back. If you aren't familiar with the area this Extended Stay is right off the freeway and a straight shot all the way to the downtown area, roughly 12 miles or less than 15 minutes. I just stayed for one night this time and saved enough in nightly cost to cover gas and parking downtown and a meal or two. My best way to recommend this place, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway and away from the stairwells.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi there,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our location worked for you and your travel needs. I am proud of our team for the hard work they dedicate to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay! We are glad you found our friendly service at check-in and check-out efficient. I am glad to hear you enjoyed many of the benefits Extended Stay America Portland/Gresham has to offer, including great value! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
#15 of 140 in Portland
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!