“very comfortable”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Pendleton, Oregon, United States
“very comfortable”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is a very good place,the rooms are very comfy the employees are very helpful everything is in a good ditance from the hotel, and you can go for a walk also as their are good places to eat and shop when you need things

Room Tip: the full kitchens are fully stocked with cookware and evrything you need to make a good dinner and t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VirgilVBatesjr
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our Extended Stay America Portland-Gresham hotel. It's great to hear that our staff made an impression on you. We strive to make every guest comfortable as if this is their "Home away from Home". I am glad to hear that we made you comfortable during your stay. I agree that our hotel is in a great location! We are near the freeway which makes getting anywhere easier. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I recently moved to the Portland, OR area for work, but could move into my house for a week. I made the mistake of trying to stay in a cheaper hotel closer to downtown. It was awful. I walked in, walked out, and went straight to this extended stay.

It was such a blessing to have a seamless transistion moving all of my stuff (again) after a long road trip from Los Angeles. The front desk staff was wonderful and welcoming. The morning coffee in the lobby was a pleasant surprise.

They also allowed my small dog to stay (whew!) and have FREE wi-fi (amazing for the business traveler. The kitchenette was perfect and the place was clean. The housekeeping staff was efficient and polite.

Absolutely the best price value in the area.

Only downside, very limited cable channels.

Thanks, ESA, for helping to make my transition to Portland SO much easier.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Emilmor
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay! I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to show you the value in our hotel with our "Grab & Go" breakfast, kitchenettes, free wifi, and a clean, comfortable room! I am glad that we were able to make you (and your dog) feel welcome on your new journey to Portland from Los Angeles. Our staff takes pride in making our guests feel as if this is their "home away from home". I will share your kind words with our housekeeping staff and our front desk staff. I apologize that our cable channels are limited, that is something we are currently working on as a company. Thank you again for your review. Welcome to Portland, we hope you enjoy our lovely city!
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is the absolute best value for the money. Very friendly staff. Addy, the receptionist working, was at the time, was very personable. She treated us the way she would want to be treated.
The price of the rooms and cleanliness was second to none.The fact there was pretty much a whole kitchen, is so very nice and convenient. Definitely will recommend and stay there again!
Ron B. Auburn,WA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron B
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I'm so pleased to hear that Addy made a great impression on you! I have passed on your warm words of encouragement to her. We are lucky to have her on our team. We aim to make every one of our guests feel welcome! We pride ourselves on our customer service and clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate! I am glad that you were able to utilize the kitchen in the room, which can definitely add on money savings from not eating out for every meal. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed February 14, 2013

very friendly staff, great rooms at a great price... I highly recommend staying here.. especially if you are going to be in town for a while. I hope to have another job in the area.. if I do, I definitely know that I will be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank homer2173
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that the staff made you feel welcome! They try to make every guest feel as if this is their "Home away from Home". Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for your next project or maybe a vacation!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have stayed @ ESA Gresham several times on business and with family outings. The customer service is the same friendly and professional. My kids love it here and my wife was really suprised by the price of the room, you get alot for your money, she is a little frugal. The rooms are well laid out and the bed is really comfortable, always clean and stocked. The people that work here always make you feel welcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff N
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that the staff made you feel welcome. It is our goal to make every guest feel as if this is their "Home away from Home". I agree that we do have a great value with our hotel, considering the in room kitchens, flat screen TV's, laundry room, and breakfast. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Trout Lake, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I echo what I see in recent reviews in the right-hand side bar. From the friendly, sincere, greeting on arrival to the same on departure the staff acted as if they were very glad we came and wanted to make our stay pleasant. Hotel is right off of I-84 with a couple of tricky right-hand turns to get to the property. We were on the north side of the hotel where we got some mild freeway sounds but nothing that bothered. Many food sources close by. Water filter on the kitchen tap is a nice feature--don't remember seeing this at ANY other hotel I have been in recently. Obvious concern for cleanliness in and around the building and rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side or west wing would probably be a little quieter. I noticed the rooms by the ele...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm thrilled that my staff made you feel welcome. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable and that this is their "home away from home". The Culligan water filters were a great addition to our hotel during our refresh at the end of last year. I am glad you were able to enjoy this added feature! I apologize for any freeway noise that you may have experienced. Next time you are in town, we can definitely put in a request to be away from the freeway. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I define this hotel as being the ideal property because it is close to the highway, large variety of restaurants/fast food close by, and the rooms are clean, not to mention the free WIFI! What more could you ask? I was surprised to see a full size fridge and the stove burners worked perfectly fine.The rate is slightly higher than other hotels in the area, but it is clearly worth paying the difference if you are going to cook and/or care about the professionalism of the staff. You save an arm and a leg by cooking especially if on vacation. I don't see a reason why not to book a stay here. If looking for extravagance or something really great, then this is not the place. It will meet and for some exceed expectations. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angelica B
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share with everyone about your recent stay with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time in Portland and were able to utilize the kitchen. Having the kitchen can absolutely save travelers money since you won't have to pay to eat out every night. I am glad to hear that the staff impressed you with their professionalism! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
#16 of 140 in Portland
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!