“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Vancouver, Washington
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Recently returned to the area and stayed at this hotel while looking for housing. I found the staff to be friendly, easer to please and very knowledgeable. My room was clean, had no lingering smellsand a good bed. When the toaster in my room had a problem the front desk replaced it immediately with a new one.
The Hotel Manager, Mariah is fairly new on site and working very hard to update the rooms, starting with new bed covers, lamps and curtains.
As a woman traveling alone I felt safe at this property. The parking lot was well lit, it was quiet after 9pm. All in all a really nice place to stay, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank P M
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Holes in carpet, mold in bathroom, doors slamming ALL night, lingering smoke smell, and worst of all: a cockroach in the kitchen. Terrible accommodations, overall. The outside appearance of the hotel is quite deceiving-it appears decent when in fact it's one of the poorest accommodations I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Butterfly5girl
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, October 12, 2012

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issues you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features and cleanliness, to the design and condition of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

In addition, we are working to resolve the carpeting issue and have contacted our pest control company as these are not acceptable. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the
Extended Stay America Portland-Gresham location several times over the past year for months at a time. My husband does contract work, so for the past two years we have been traveling together across the country going wherever his job takes us. The Extended Stay America is a studio/efficiency-type hotel where all the rooms have full size kitchens, and if we can help it, these are the only hotels we stay in. It really makes your stay there convenient, plus you can save money by buying your own groceries instead of eating out for every meal. The rooms at this hotel are also comparable in price to other hotels in the area, of not less expensive and nicer. They are pet friendly, too!! That's really important to me, as I know it probably is to a lot of people today. I really like this hotel chain, but mostly I like this hotel because of the staff and their excellent and friendly service. Mariah is the manager there, and I believe she's just been there for a couple of years, but she does a really great job with her staff and the customers, too. The hotel is really clean, and it's actually in the process of being renovated. I was there during some of that, too, and she and the staff did their best to limit any of the inconvenience it could have caused us during our stay. The grounds are pretty, and the hotel's in a quiet business area with lots of restaurants, grocery stores, and Walmart near by. There's a walking path right outside the gate behind the hotel, and if its a clear day, you have a perfect view of beautiful Mt. Hood. I always feel really safe at this hotel. Someone is there 24/7. The staff here are the best around! To name a few of them, there is Addie, Christie, Laneisha, and Jeb at the front desk, Tom in maintenance, Marie and Perry work after hours, and some of the housekeeping are Rosa, Sandra, and I think Maria? Maybe a Brandie, too? Unfortunately, I didn't get all of their names, but that doesn't make them any less important to my stay there. Everyone was great, and I hope I didn't forget too many people. They are all really nice and polite. If there is something you need, they are quick to help. My husband sometimes works nights, so we have requested not to be disturbed during the day, and sure enough, nobody will bother us. If they need to call our room, they will just leave a silent message, so the message light is blinking when we wake up. There's so much more that I can't even begin to go into. It's thoughtfulness like that that counts. Out of all the hotels we have stayed at, Extended Stay America Portland-Gresham is by far my favorite! It just feels like home.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank dboutwell
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America twice in the Portland area. There were quite a few of us staying there in order to participate in the Hood to Coast relay. This was a perfect location during our relay.
The front desk staff has been wonderful both times. They were so accomodating to our teams. It was great to have refrigerators in order to keep our groceries.
I would definitely stay there again if in the Portland area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We hope you all had fun participating in the relay race! It is great to know that our in-room amenities like the kitchen and refridgerator were of use to you. We offer these items so guests like yourself can enjoy a cooked meal or a place to store snacks while away; creating a "home away from home" experience.

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2012

6/11/2010

We stayed here for months, there was never anything said about being a high crime area until our last night there our truck was broke into. When I reported it to the front desk we was told that there was 5 previous break ins that month. The manger was so cold about the situation, she just bluntly said that they won't do anything and I have to call the police and deal with my insurance. Why does this place have insurance and when some one gets broke into we can't go through their insurance? Why do I have to report it to my insurance when it was not my fault? How do you not worn people that this is a high prowl area? Even cheap cheesy motels have signs up warning people that the area is a high prowl area. Do they think they will loose business? I think people would be appreciative. They state they have security, the security is just a employee walking around the building for a minute to smoke if they even do that. There is NO security at all. Don't let them fool you. I don't recommend staying here if you are driving. They employees, ones a dope head, ones lazy and the other one is great. The manager would repremend the dope head one in front of customers, very unprofessional of the manager. When the break in happened I just got out of the hospital from being in the hospital for a month. I couldn't walk without a walker or maintain myself then having to deal with all this. My husband is a disabled vet with mental issues so this pushed him over the edge of remaining to stay here until our LTL was up. We lost 2 weeks of paid rent as the manager would not refund none of our money. So not only did we loose our 2 weeks rent, we had to pay for a window and replace electronics. They stole my husbands wallet as we was only parked there for 20 minutes so my husband can get me in the room and in bed so he could go to the pharmacy. So ontop of it all I had to spend a agonizing 3 hours in traffic to make the drive to families house as we was not able get a hotel room as they stole our ids, credit cards and money. I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Corner units have more space and better layout, also 2 windows compared to a regular room 1 window.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Amanda D
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Portland - Gresham. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Since your stay with us, our location has undergone several changes, including room upgrades, which have contributed to an outstanding level of guest satisfaction. I'm sure that if you give us another chance, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much we've changed. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests feedback. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Port Pirie, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I cannot recommend this Motel highly enough. I stayed here for 9wks this year & was very happy with the facilities & staff, they went out of their way to help me with anything from booking motels in other cities for me to printing boarding passes & directions. Good Location just off freeway & close to shops, ample parking, easy acess. Rooms were tidy, bed comfy, kitchen was sufficient.
Home away from home :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Portland - Gresham. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

service was friendly. decor ok rooms fairly spacious for the price. small bed and just two pillows, have seen better mattresses. small kitchen, looked like someone was trying to find out how little one can put in a kitchen and still legally call it a kitchen. all is stark, cheap white plastic. stark white cfl lights. coffee machine was backed up and flooded the counter.

no shampoo just soap, haven't seen this in a long time in a hotel.

overall an ok experience we got here through priceline for $40 and just needed a bed for the night. nearby motel 6 is $36. Didn't think this hotel was worth any more.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skelshy
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.  I am sorry to hear that our accommodations were not up to your expectations.  In response to the guest comments like yours, we have upgraded some of our furnishings such as bedding and pillows.  We have upgraded to flatscreen televisions and upgraded our lighting, which has helped to brighten the room.  Since most guests stay with us for an extended period, we do not provide shampoo in the rooms, however we do have it available at the front desk upon request.   I apologize for your coffee maker overflowing, I hope that you had notified the front desk so that we were able to provide you with a new one.   We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your opinions.  If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at GRE@extendedstay.com.  We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
#15 of 141 in Portland
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham? Share your experiences!