“Nice Property”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Nice Property”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed on 2 separate nights in July. Called at 10:30 the day of the first stay to see if I could check in very early at 11:30. The request was accomodated. Also was allowed a 2PM late check out as a Priority Rewards customer. Indoor pool and jacuzzi were warm and clean on both visits. Lobby and rooms were modern and clean. Wi-fi was free and worked well. Business Center was handy to print boarding passes. My wife found the breakfast buffet selections to be limited, but it was only $7.95 and free for kids.

The front desk staff was polite and helpful. Beds were comfy.

The only shortcoming was the loud AC units in each of the rooms we stayed in. In the first room, the AC worked so well that we were able to overcome the loudness by cooling the room down and shuting off the AC for the night. The AC wasn't as powerful in the 2nd room, so this wasn't an option. It was loud but not unbearable.

I would have no concrns in staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank NewMexBound

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Waited in line at the front desk for 15 minutes while 3 employees printed 2 receipts for guest. None of the employees offered to assist or open another line.

Staff was rude and refused an hour late check out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cmburn22
Seattle
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Last year, my kids and I were on a road trip and were struck at high speed while waiting at a stop light. After being seen at the local emergency room, we were taken to a Holiday Inn to take our pain meds and lick our wounds. The place was like paradise: huge room, big flat screen TV, outstanding room service. We had motor oil on our clothes, and the wreck we'd driven had been hauled away, luggage and all. The Holiday Inn in Springfield took such great care of us that I privately resolved to make Holiday Inn my hotel of choice forever.

Then there's this place in Gresham. Hmmm. Well. The good news is that before tax is added, you can stay there for under $100. In Portland (or its 'burbs), that's a small miracle. I grew up in Portland, was visiting family, and just wanted a comfy place to sleep that was close to my relatives. This fit the bill.

I am disabled and was horrified to find that there was no bell service, not even for disabled guests. My daughter, who is about 5 feet tall, had to maneuver that luggage cart herself; glad we packed light. But I am told that bell service is slowly dying out at hotels with fewer than four stars, so I can't hold that one thing too much against them; it was a bad surprise, but I should have asked before booking.

Here's the room. There were heavy "pretend" curtains that were in the permanently open position, along with sheers. There was a single blackout shade that was hanging half up, half down. My daughter said, "I want to get dressed, can you close that?" I said, "Bad news. This is it. Better go change in the bathroom." She likes to sleep in her underwear and was a little freaked by the people below in the parking lot, so she slept in her street clothes.

The bathroom door didn't lock. The hairdryer was broken. There was no microwave, no fridge, no safe. The bathroom itself was tiny, with just a potty and tub next to each other; the only shelf was the wire one holding the towels. However, the water pressure in the shower was excellent, and delivered a firm, warm mist as good as it gets.

We used the shampoo; housekeeping did not replace it. We used two of the four coffee cups; housekeeping must have decided--or else management had instructed them--that's it for our stay, unless we ask for more. We had a room service breakfast, and when we returned that night, there was still salt spilled all over the dark wood table.

The TV was very old, curved screen, small. It was however enclosed in a wooden cabinet, so adjoining rooms did not have to hear each others' TV sets. It was very quiet. I had insomnia, but it had nothing to do with the hotel. The man who brought room service pointed out proudly that the beds were brand new, and I believed him; the mattresses were very good. However, we were cold, and there was not a single extra blanket. We could have asked the desk, I suppose, but it was the middle of the night and we were groggy, so we made do. The beds don't have bedspreads; like the curtains, they are little bits of cloth at the bottom of the bed, but there is nothing there to pull up over yourself. It's decorative only.

The desk people were very polite. The express breakfast (only available if you stay multiple nights) is a good deal, your basic bacon or sausage, eggs how you want 'em, toast & beverage for $10 each plus gratuity.

You won't want to walk this neighborhood after dark, most likely. Lots of bars.

In their favor: I complained in the morning about the blackout curtains, and when we came back the next evening, they were fixed.

This was better than a Motel 6, surely, but unfortunately, I had visions of the Springfield, OR Holiday Inn as my expectation, and this fell a long way short. I have already selected the Sheraton I am using next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Gresham, OR which is about 1.5 miles South of I-84 Exit 16 I believe. This hotel is far enough from the freeway that it is quiet and kind of tucked away from all of the traffic noise you typically would find at a location with very close access to a major interstate such as I-84.
I was immediately greeted at check in by 2 very friendly associates and the entire stay was superb. This hotel is one of the refreshed Holiday Inns that has the new signage and that the Holiday Inn brand is advertising as a brand campaign and it certainly was a nice hotel to stay at while in the Portland area.
I actually toured the hotel and found they have a very nice meeting facility with alot of space for large groups as well which was a suprise to find here in Gresham.
I would certainly recommend trying it out if you are needing to stay in East Portland or around the PDX airport area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I stayed at this hotel it seems at the same time as the gentleman that wrote a terrible review and wanted to say that I had a great stay! Everytime I was in the lobby the staff went out of the way to greet me and ask if they could be of assistance. The General Manager even brought cookies to my room and welcomed me to the hotel. All the staff rememered my name and greeted me each time I exited or entered.
The room wa very large and was clean. it seems that the carpet had just been shampooed as it did have a faint odor in the hallway of wet carpet.
The restaurant food was excellent.
I did have an issue at check out that the authorization on my credit card was not released but it was my bank holding it and the GM called personally to make sure the bank released it. This hotel is a 10!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Forest City, Iowa
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I stayed here for 5 nights as I was undergoing outpatient knee surgery. The first 3 nights were buy 2 nights and get the 3rd free. The last two nights were using Priority Club Points. First of all the front desk clerk that checked me in was awesome. Super customer service. However she was only there the first two nights of my stay. The rooms are simply average at best. Housekeeping is terrible. The last two days of my stay my room was not cleaned at all. I called the front desk in the evening and was told that housekeeping had left for the day. The restaurant and bar closes at 9PM! I asked why so early and was told that the owner does not want to pay a cook to be there after 9 and Oregon laws require a cook to be present if the bar is open. It seems the owner of this hotel is penny wise and pound foolish. I counted 9 people wanting dinner one night after the restaurant had closed. The hotel is almost empty, at least during my stay. If you are not driving this is not a good location for you. I only gave the hotel a rating of two because of the front desk clerk at check in. I asked for the General Manager to contact me and she never did. No one ever said sorry. There is a reason the hotel industry is called the hospitality industry. Be hospitable. A simple concept that this hotel sorely lacks.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Keith H
Victoria BC Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Staff friendly. One light in room did not work. Carpets in hallways and room had not been vacuumed for some time near walls. Ledges needed dusting. At 8:30 in morning we had Do Not Disturb sign out and received a note under door saying our room would not be cleaned for that day unless we contacted housekeeping before 2 PM. This is not good service!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BCroadtripper1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale

Been to Quality Inn Gresham? Share your experiences!