“Consistent quality”

Quality Inn Gresham
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Standard quality of Holiday Inn was met plus some. Rooms were clean and pool area was great for the kids. Our special requests were readily accommodated by staff. One small issue that was addressed and managed quickly by manager. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments about our Holiday Inn in Gresham. It sounds like you had a great time during your visit and we’re glad to have added to that experience. We hope you will come back to see us soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I made the reservation I had no idea what was in the area as far as restaurants. For our plans to go to Multnomah Falls, Maryhill Museum, Stonehenge at Maryhill, and Vista House along the old hwy with lots of waterfalls it was a great location. About a mile down the road is a couple of blocks full of restaurants and shops. In the other direction was Safeway and handy strip malls. Decent part of town.
The service was okay checking in. When I went to check out there was no one at the desk. Once when we took the stairs up it wreaked like pot. I don't know if the staff was smoking in the hallway or what.
Overall we were one of maybe 20 guests. It was pretty empty due to off season. We liked the quietness and no one bothered us. They didn't greet us when we came in or when we left as we came and went all weekend. Lack of friendliness. The beds were too firm for my liking and the pillows were too hard for my taste.

• Stayed: March 2013
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn in Gresham. We monitor all of our guest reviews carefully and use these reviews for training and improving our hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Portland area and I am sure you will enjoy our friendly service the next time you are here. Once again, thank you and travel safely.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

What more could you ask for from a Holiday Inn? This inn appears to be quite new. The night I stayed here, there were very few guests and it was exceedingly quiet which enabled me to get an excellent night's sleep. The comfortable bed and bedding also contributed to the restfulness. The room was clean and spacious. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the curtains in the morning and got a clear view of Mount Hood. Other inns are closer to the airport, but none of those are as quiet as this place.

Room Tip: A room with a view of Mount Hood.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for the great review of our Holiday Inn. Our location is a bit “off the beaten path” but that is one of our biggest advantages over our competitors. We are pleased to offer a good, peaceful night’s sleep with no airplanes or freeway noise! We even throw in the view of Mt. Hood at no extra charge!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is clean and quiet. We were up on the 4th floor and hardly heard anything, outside, except for the occasional siren/ambulance. I believe there is medical facility nearby. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The "restaurant" listed isn't really a restaurant. It's a breakfast buffet, in the morning, and a restaurant/lounge, in the evening. Nothing special about the food, it's basic hotel breakfast fare, but the hot foods were hot and the cold foods were cold. There were a couple of women helping out and priority club members eat free in the mornings. We didn't try the restaurant, in the evening, because if was closed before we arrived so I can't judge the food offerings. I did look over the room service menu and found it to be priced as I would expect, with the usual room service fees and gratuity tacked on.

There isn't much to do in the area. A few stand alone stores and lots of residential, so unless you are visiting the area, don't stay here if you want something exciting nearby to walk to.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments about the Holiday Inn in Gresham. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I couldn’t help but notice your comment about “there isn’t much to do in the area” and see that you meant within walking distance, but I wanted to point out that our hotel is the closest full service hotel to the world famous Multnomah Falls, plus the National Scenic area of the Columbia Gorge and is within minutes of exciting downtown Portland.
We hope that you had an opportunity to take the short drive to these magnificent sites and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I didn't get to stay very long but it was very nice, The staff was great and the room was quiet and clean. I got there late :11:30 pm and I had to leave before breakfast started. It is only a few minutes out of Portland and it's close to Troutdale which I here is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to comment about your excellent experience at our Holiday Inn in Gresham. I hope that on your next visit with us you have more time to see the close by attractions such as the Columbia Gorge, Multnomah Falls and the Oregon Zoo. Travel safely.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Another perfect stay at a perfect hotel. I was with my son and very tired upon arrival. The General Manager greeted us and gave us a very warm welcome. Our room was spotless as usual. Always a nice quiet place. The internet was fast as always. The free breakfast was awesome. I pass up many 4 star hotels coming from Portland to stay here and always will. Simply perfection. And Betty at the front desk is so nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

It’s always nice to hear such great comments about our Holiday Inn in Gresham and we thank you for taking time to write about your experience here. We know that travelling can be stressful and we work hard to give every guest the feeling that they are “at home and part of the family.” We hope you were able to take your son to see some of the nearby attractions such as Multnomah Falls and the Oregon Zoo. Thanks again for your comments and we’re looking forward to seeing you again
soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Holiday Inn continues to impress me. As a Priority Club member I was greeted with a bottle of water and a snack, and provided free access to their breakfast buffet. The room was very nice with a comfortable bed and a "menu" of pillow firmnesses. I will say that the lighting in my room was a bit off. The closet area in the entryway didn't have a light nearby at all, making it a bit difficult to see my clothes. Other than that, I completely enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our Holiday Inn in Gresham. We always feel rewarded when guests compliment our facilities and amenities and these comments help motivate our staff to keep giving great service. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the beautiful Portland area and please come see us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR

Been to Quality Inn Gresham? Share your experiences!