“Great place to stay”

Quality Inn Gresham
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Took the grand daughter to go school shopping and stayed at this Holiday Inn just for overnight. Rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. Rooms did not have fridge or microwave but not a big deal for us anyway. Pool was a hit with the grand daughter after a day of shopping. Free breakfast was great and all the staff were very kind and inviting. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We had a room with two queen beds, a double vanity, a microwave and fridge. The room was really big. It had a couch and desk as well. The beds were comfortable. Everything was clean. We had a free breakfast everyday which was fabulous. The pool is a little chilly, but our three year old didn't care. I stuck with the hot tub. The hotel is really close to Portland, Mt. Hood and the Columbia River Gorge. It was perfect for us since we wanted to see everything. We didn't want to pay downtown hotel prices. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Sign-up for the free rewards program to get a free breakfast every day.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

After trying out two or three area hotels, I chose to stay here a number of times. The hotel offers the basics: clean, comfortable rooms, an exercise room, computer room, dinining room, and laundry facility. The staff is very friendly and helpful. For an innexpensive stay, you can not beat it.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just a lack luster place to stay. Staff was friendly and customer centric but nothing stood out. Cleaning crew did not clean the coffee pot or provide more coffee. Both times at the hotel the eggs at breakfast were nearly in edible oily under cooked. Bar closes at 9 pm on weekends. Probably fine for someone who doesnt spend 5-10 nights a month in a hotel but there are so many other places that provide a better experience. Regular business travelers will be under whelmed.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here one night in king room on 4th floor. Hotel is exceptionally clean, modern and in good location few minutes off I-84. Staff was helpful and friendly. There is a nice restaurant/grill in hotel and had good breakfast there: eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, mixed fruit, juices, pastries etc.

Room was clean, modern, comfortable. The air conditioning unit was noisy however. Never heard any people noises through the walls or in the halls. Amenities: Internet worked fine, LCD TV, Micro Fridge, Microwave, Coffeepot, hair dryer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jazz99Spokane
Jim M, Director of Operations at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Holiday Inn in Gresham. We are glad that you had an excellent experience at our hotel and comments such as yours helps our staff feel like their extra efforts are appreciated. We look forward to having you as our guest again and if there is anything I can do to help make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

First of all, the staff was outstanding, especially Betty Lou who was very helpful throughout our stay. As a Priority Club Memebr, I had a welcome letter and snack pack in my room upon arrival which was very nice touch. Everything I requested during my stay was always accomodated. The rooms were very nice and appear to be recently updated with a flat screen TV and free Wifi in the rooms. One of my rooms had a Microwave and refrigerator which works out well when you have kids. The Breakfast Buffet was excellent. The daily breakfast was a full hot breakfast with Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, pastries, waffles, cereal, fruit, juices and coffee which we enjoyed on a daily basis. There were plenty of options on the breakfast bar to mix it up everyday. Monica in the restaurant was an oustanding server, and she made sure we had everything we needed during breakfast. I thought the breakfast hours were reasonable. The indoor pool and spa was nice, but they kept running out of towels, but all we had to do was ask and we were provided with fresh pool towels. I deducted one star for housekeeping. Housekeeping was good on somedays and not so good on other days. One day they would restock the coffee, condiments, and cups, but some days they didn't, so I had to go to the frontdesk to make sure it was done. Housekeeping never bothered us if the "do not disturb sign was up." They also had a coin laundry with two washers and two dryers that appear to be readily available. The hotel would provide detergent for laundry which was convenient. Overall, it was an excellent stay, the rooms were nice, and I would stay here again the next time I'm in Gresham. It definitely lives up to it's number one rating in Gresham, OR.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TRAVELLERSanDiego
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your great comments on our Holiday Inn in Gresham. We are very pleased that you rated your stay "excellent" because an excellent guest experience is why we work so hard at our hotel. I will share your comments with our staff and I know they will be encouraged and proud that we accomplished our goal. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Portland area and if there is anything I can do for you please contact me personally. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Did a weekend trip with my family and stayed here because I had some free stays since I am priorty club member. The hotel we decent and breakfast buffet was quite good. Front desk staff was friendly but not exceptional.

We got in late near closing for the Bar/Restaurant and went in to grab a drink and meal to go watress was cold, standoff ish but not quite rude.

The following morning went in for breakfast at 9:00 am breakfast ends at 10. The waitress says you made it at the last minute. The food was limited and staff was not urgent to cook more items for the buffet. After listening to the staff gripe about people comming in late it turn out they thought it was 10 and not 9 and we arrived at the last minute. I used to work food service when younger and always hated the last minute arrival...Bottom line its part of the job and unless you are closed it should be dealt with politely. In this instance someone should have checked the time or fixed the clock cause we were an hour before close.

Kids went to the pool and they were out of towels.

House keeping tried to enter our room at 8:00 am and again at 8:45am. We had do not disturb sign up.

If I was the hotel manager I would train my people on service 1st or get people who believe that. Wouldnt stay again unless it was free.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Gresham, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Sacnvr2l8,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased you like our hotel. On the other hand, I'm sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory during breakfast and housekeeping. These points will certainly be addressed. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Clarion Inn
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#22 of 146 in Portland
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites

Been to Quality Inn Gresham? Share your experiences!