“Worst Hotel Experience Of My Life”

Motel 6 Gresham City Center
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
California
“Worst Hotel Experience Of My Life”
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This has to be one of the worst stays I have ever experienced. The room was nice enough, but the hotel staff was beyond rude. They have absolutely no trouble calling their guests liars to their face and when you ask for compensation for their treatment of their guests, they are quick to offer a couple of dollars and nothing more saying if you received the internet rate then what more did we want because we already got a lower rate...(as if that should make a difference) They are argumenative and could care less about their guests, and should you inform them of their shortcomings, they will tell you that they think you complain too much. Oh...and don't ask to speak to the manager, because they will tell you she is out shopping. The headquarters office is also not to interested in wanting to hear what the problem is, and are aloof to a customer's complaint. Do yourself a favor and stay at a hotel where the establishment cares about their guests and their needs. This is one business traveler that has x'd howard johnson's off their list of places to stay It was my first experience at a howard johnson's and definitely my last.

• Liked — the room furnishings were adequate
  • Disliked — the hotel staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle
Reviewed August 20, 2007

No towels, phone didn't work, bathtub not cleaned, someone else's underwear in the corner and locked out of our room for one hour. Remedy? $4 off our rate for the night and a $30 voucher for a future stay from HOJO HQ. There is nothing that would make me stay at a Howard Johnson ever again. It's a month later and I am still trying to get a satisfactory answer from someone. If you want good customer service, go to another hotel.

• Liked — It was two blocks from the church we were going to attend on Sunday
  • Disliked — A toss up between being locked out of our room and someone else's underwear in the room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank relevarTyppaH
Boise
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Ok - the good. The rooms are recently re-done and very spacious. Bathrooms are very tiny, but adequate. Beds are above average and you can't beat the rate when only paying $59 per night.

However - the staff needs a lesson in hospitality. We arrived at Noon, realizing that we may not be able to check into a room until later. Upon walking in the door I was greeted with "We don't do check-ins until 3:00 pm" - after pushing a little bit, they did have rooms clean and ready, which they gave us. While checking in I was astonished at all the little notes and "rules" posted. For example: "If you use your room towel at the pool, you will be charged $20 per towel." In the breakfast area - "If you need something, ask - don't assist yourself as you may make a mess."

We had reserved 5 rooms, but cancelled 2 rooms 3-weeks prior as some family members were not making the trip. When we arrived they had us down for 8 rooms - no big deal, until they checked my parents out of their room a day early and gave it to someone else who walked in on them.

Staff had a real attittude of they would prefer to run a hotel without any guests to mess things up. They keep up on this path and their wishes will come true.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank AdGuy
East Oregon
Reviewed April 24, 2007

The only reason I stayed at this hotel was because it was very close to the last stop on the MAX line. It was about $55.00 for the one night I stayed there. I had gone down to a festival and arrived at about 11pm. I had to wait for 15-20 minutes before they could check me in because they were doing some filing, or something, they were not really clear about what the hold up was. The room I was in had a giant dark red stain in the middle of floor, the smoke detector was missing, the toilet wouldn't flush, every channel on the television was blurry and their "contenintal breakfast" was pieces of bread, a bagle and dry cereal. So, like I said, you get what you pay for. The one up shot was that the bed was very, very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight trip, or if you're simply passing through and need a cheap place to sleep for a few hours. I would not recommend it for a longer stay or if you're really picky about cleanliness.

• Liked — Very comfortable beds, Location
  • Disliked — Very small breakfast, appliances did not work, tidiness of room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank FindingMyWay
mult
Reviewed April 23, 2007

We where called in the middle of the night and where told that we did not pay and we had to pay or get out. we payed the girl at the desk when we checked in. they have camera I don't know why thay just did not just look at them. we asked for the manager and was told she was not to be botherd with this so I said I do not care call her and look at the camera's. the manager came out was very nasty and then told the girl we payed after two hours of this by then it was time to leave. we will never stay there agen.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank caputus
Hawaii
Reviewed March 14, 2007

Over charged my credit card by over $70, AND it took several phone calls to finally reach whomever had the authority to fix their mistake. I was promised a "substantial discount" for a subsequent stay due to my inconvenience, and was asked to call the GM directly to make the reservation. Well, I tried to do so just 2 months later. As a matter of fact, I called on at least 4 occasions during a 9 day period. These calls were NEVER returned. No thank you to Howard Johnson Gresham.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank wi_thrd
Corvallis, OR
Reviewed April 5, 2006

I stayed here for business in March and definitely recommend! The price was less than the surrounding hotels but it just as good! I believe the hotel is under new management and recently changed to Howard Johnson. My room was large, the bed was great, and the free high speed internet worked with out a problem. I will certainly stay there again when I'm in the Portland-area.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank JackSparrowOR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Days Inn & Suites Gresham
Super 8 Gresham/Portland Area OR
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites

Been to Motel 6 Gresham City Center? Share your experiences!