“Top Notch”

Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
Reviewed June 22, 2014

For a very reasonable price, this Days Inn is top notch. I learned that each Days Inn is independently owned and this one is well cared for - from the faucet to the towel rings to the shower, the owner obviously takes a lot of pride in keeping it modern and aesthetic. The front desk people were always helpful - we had to stay longer than the amount of time we booked and especially Stephanie, she was just wonderful. The breakfast offerings were a bit lean, but all in all, this was a terrific place to spend 5 nights at.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Portland/Gresham

Reviewed June 19, 2014

In town for the weekend to attend our son's graduation. Nice, clean, affordable place in Gresham (near the airport), so easier access to the Columbia River Gorge, which we drove out to a couple times during the weekend.
Average room, comfortable bed. Shower was a bit weak, and towels sort of scratchy, but still acceptable.
Great hotel staff, kept everything very tidy, especially at the smallish breakfast area that got heavy traffic every morning. Decent continental breakfast, with waffle machines. Loads of fresh bananas, yogurts, bagels and sliced bread for toasting. Average coffee, but good enough.
Lots choices nearby for dining (tip:Tom's Pizza and Sports Bar just down the road is fantastic)
Overall, a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 19, 2014

When we arrived and went to the pool that they had the pool looked dirty like insects would fly in the water and it was to cloudy you couldn't see without goggles. And they also put to much chlorine in the pool I could tell of how my hair felt when I was taking a shower it took for me to buy shampoo and conditioner to get it out and that was the next day when my hair felt better and not so brittle and harsh. They also don't have very big towels there they gave me small tiny ones enough to wrap around me once but I had my boyfriend with me and he was a lot bigger then i was and it took at least 2 or 3 small towels to just get him dried off from either the swimming pool or just taking a shower . Also the A/C didn't stay on very long it would be on for a few minutes then go back off .

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Check in was fast and courteous, rates are good and the room is clean and very functional. We were surprised by the Art Deco touches of the decor. It is still Days Inn, but someone obviously cares about their guests! It is convenient from I-84 and sits in the midst of many fast food and gas chains. It share a parking lot with McDonald's.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We spent 4 nights here recently and found it to be very nice. We had a room with a king bed on the 4th floor. The room seems to be the same layout used for Sleep Inn hotels, compact but comfortable. The room included a fridge, microwave, nice TV and Wi-Fi. Also included was a breakfast, the basic selection, cereal, waffles, coffee/juice, breads and fruit. They also had some gravy and rolls which I would gladly trade for boiled/scrambled eggs.

The room was nicely decorated and clean. All of the staff we encountered were professional and courteous. All things considered it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Room with a king bed, #429.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

First of all, we made a reservation for a non-smoking room. We did not get this, when they told us they had one at time of our reservation. Why would they move us. Next, the room was filthy. turned down the bed spread and found dog food, dog hair. The rug was never vaccumed, no pamphlets in room to see city amenities, spilled food on dressers, grease handprint on wall, fan not working in bathroom, light flickering in bathroom, clock not working, towel rack falling down. Horrible and filthy stay. The room smell was horrible. Pillow cases dirty. Do I need to say more. I will never visit another Days Inn in my lifetime. I will sleep in the car before I do.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#16 of 144 in Portland
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham

Been to Days Inn Portland/Gresham? Share your experiences!