“Very good value and no unpleasant surprises.”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Gresham
BURNABY
“Very good value and no unpleasant surprises.”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our second stay at this Days Inn. It's not a fancy place but it's clean and inexpensive, and access to Portland is simple either by car or the excellent local transit....
There's a basic continental breakfast, or if you have the munchies, there's a McDonalds and a Burger King both within a couple hundred feet or so. The hotel's located off a fairly noisy street, so if you like to keep a window open, you could find it a bit loud, but that's the only real beef I could think of.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

FrontDM, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Portland/Gresham, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us here at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 503-618-8400.

Stephanie Tellis
Front Desk Manager
Days Inn Portland/Gresham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We REALLY enjoyed our stay which was 4 nights. I am in a wheelchair and having a low bed was fabulous as I could get in and out without any help. The bathroom was great as well with lots of room and easy access to all my needs. It really means alot when I can get away from asking for added help and will always think about Days Inn after this. The staff were VERY nice and helpful. Thank you for helping make our stay even more fun.

Room Tip: Our room for 3 of the 4 nights was on the 4th floor and we had a great view of Mt Hood.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rodney W.:

Stephanie Tellis
Front Desk Manager
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stephanie, the front desk clerk, is worse than rude. She bragged about posting false reviews online to one of the other guests. I stayed 4 nights and the 1rst night they didnt have the room I needed so they gave me a room with two beds instead of one due to them not having a nonsmoking single bed for me. They wanted to charge me for the difference and I said forget it I will go to the Rodeway Inn next door that is cheaper! Finally they charged me for the rate I wanted. I am with a major trucking company that does a LOT of business weekly with this hotel. The next day STEPHANIE was more than rude about it. She was irrate that I had gotten a discount on the room even though theres an account set up through my company. She refused to be civil to me. At 11am I wanted to go eat lunch and see some things around town and asked STEPHANIE if there would be any issues since they had not gotten me into a new room for the next 3 nights yet and it was almost 11am. She started citing off policy and reminded me that I didnt pay full price for the room( I was only in it half of the business day, I came in at 11:30pm). I asked her if there was someone else like a manager or owner I could speak with and she informed me she was in charge. I told her I was just going to find a different place to stay the next 3 nights and that I would get my things and check out. She flipped out yelling and screaming and got the owner in the room behind her and told him to kick me out, AFTER I said I was leaving. She told him I demanded the new room right now and was being rude to her! IM the PAYING guest! I just wanted to know if my stuff would be safe while I went to eat and walk around since it was check out time and THEY didnt have me in a second room yet. So I explained my concern to the owner and as I was talking with him STEPHANIE picks up the phone and calls my company and informs them that I am kicked out and shes yelling and screaming at my coworkers. Remember we send 5-15 people to the hotel year round EVERY week for at least 3 to 4 days and the hotel gets paid even if the guests from our job dont show up. Anyways all the rest of the staff there said the same things about Stephanie. I told all 3 owners about her. Shes still there, sadly. I would not recommend anyone stay here as long as she is here making people miserable. Everytime I walked downstairs or left she would stick her nose at me and make huffing and puffing sounds like a child pouting. Miserable stay because of her! FIRE HER !

Room Tip: Check out the Rodeway Inn in the same parking lot, cheaper and cleaner. Also go to travelocity or a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Sandgren:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review us here on TripAdvisor. I apologize that you feel that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

However because our company has a contract with this trucking company for their student drivers, it is part of the policy that they have put in place, for us to report any and all difficulties as they arise. We have worked with this company for over 10 years and have never had any of these issues. So when they arise and a guest is asked to leave, we must follow those policies. It seems that there are various issues that need to be addressed from this review and would probably be best handled by going through your company which has set these policies in place to deal with their students. I will apologize if you felt disrespected. Our first prioriety is customer service however we must adhere to the policies of the company in which we are contractually obligated.

If you have any further concerns please address them to the proper management personel of your company. We have been informed that they will provide you with any furhter assistance.

Steve C.
Tustin, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel was clean, had an indoor pool (ask for towels at front desk), provided a decent breakfast (get there early for the best stuff) allowed our dog, and was located in a safe area close enough to the city as well as the Columbia River Gorge hike we wanted to do. I couldn't believe it was so inexpensive too. McDonald's and convenient store are in the same parking lot area which was also convenient. There were only two negatives. There was the weak coffee on our first morning for which we were thankful to have McD's to walk to, but it was better the second morning. Additionally, it's on a very noisy street, which is fine if you sleep with your windows closed. Front desk people were nice, especially the senior gentleman manager. We kept our quiet, elderly dog in the room while we hiked and just put the "do not disturb" sign up. Worked great.

Room Tip: There are designated pet rooms but ask for a room in the back so it's less road noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
California
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here 3 separate nights in May/June 2012.

Good:
Room was clean, and everything worked.
Convenient to PDX airport, metro blue line, and highway to Columbia Gorge (Multnomah Falls, etc).
Breakfast had enough variety.
Internet PC in lobby was available, and convenient.
Desk clerks were courteous, pleasant, and helpful.
Plenty of parking.
Had pre-paid reservations, making 9pm check-in less of a concern.
It's away from the downtown congestion.

Not so good:
Did not find any good restaurants nearby.
Furnishings in room are not brand new.
Wall light flickered one time even though it was turned off.
It's an hour from downtown on the train.
Heavy-footed person one night in the room above us.
Not much of a view out the window.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Able to stay there with our dog and was quite adequate. Dog fee was $15 which was reasonable and no hassle. The folks working there were quite nice and suggested a great place for dinner - within a couple of minutes walk. Good breakfast with decent variety. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Room was clean and decent size. Pillows were thin but the front desk lady promptly brought new ones to our room after we requested extra pillows. Our next door neighbor had their TV on very loud at night. Luckily they finally decided to go to sleep after 1am in the morning.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 141 in Portland
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway

Been to Days Inn Portland/Gresham? Share your experiences!