“Rate switched and they couldn't care less”

Best Western Grants Pass Inn
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Booked my stay online, printed my confirmation and presented to desk staff upon arrival. Was charged $20 extra for each day. Rate was switched during stay and I only found out upon checkout. They didn't care what proof I had - that's the rate and it stands.
Took 3 months to resolve. Disputed the charge with Mastercard and won!
Don't stay here , but if you do, watch your wallet. You have been warned.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank gubners55
There are newer reviews for Best Western Grants Pass Inn

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Dirty room, tired furnishings, loud neighbors all night partying. Felt unsafe.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JustMyPerspective
Reviewed June 20, 2010

The room was a 2 star with everything inside looking tired. There are better deals out there, I just didn't try as I had not stayed in this Best Western, and it is not up to their standards. Try to find a room at one of the other hotels before settling in on this one. The breakfast was OK, not very much variety. We were in a bottom floor room and heard the person above us walking for hours. Bathroom area was tiny.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We were tired and called for a room late at night. The young gal at the desk was very pleasant, accommodating and offered us a very good rate. She also upgraded us when we got to the hotel and couldn't have been more pleasant. We had had a not-so-pleasant stay at another Best Western in Sacramento and were gun-shy but this made up for it! The next morning the remaining staff were just as pleasant. The rooms were very clean, as well as the entire property. Very happy and would return in a heart beat! Good value for a quick over-night stay!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2010

One night means I better get a comfortable bed and hot shower, that is all I need! Got em both with a few extra perks. I love friendly service, it makes my sales trips tolerable. Last thing I need is to have my hotel be a de-motivator. The staff at the Grants Pass Best Western, were super friendly and very knowledgable about where the locals go to eat. So, I got a great meal, great night sleep and nice hot shower in a very clean room all within ez access to the I-5. Perfect fit for this business travelor, started my day off on a high note! The rate was exactly right!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Darbyanne
Reviewed April 28, 2010

The service is great!! The rooms are nice and very clean.
Location is awesome since it is right by the freeway.
Everything is great about this hotel, but I would like newer T.V. sets, but I can live with that.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Twenty four hours in advance, I called the front desk of this hotel, on the recommendation of friends, to reserve a room. My twenty-seven year old daughter with whom I was travelling gets about primarily in a wheelchair, due to Multiple Sclerosis, so I asked if they had a wheelchair accessible room on the ground floor with two queen-sized beds. Yes, the lady said, they did; so I made a reservation. Three times during our conversation I said to her and she repeated back to me " wheelchair accessible". Upon our arrival next afternoon,with the temperature at 99 degrees, we were placed in a standard ground-floor room. Since no ramps were available for wheelchair use, my daughter was forced to rely on two large canes in order to negotiate the curbs, thresholds, and to get into the room.( Later, we saw that there were a couple of curb cuts that would have made it easier to use the wheelchair; unfortunately, these cuts are not marked as such, so vehicles are parked in them, making them impossible to use for wheelchairs ) When I went to the front desk to inquire why we had not been placed in a wheelchair accessible room as we had reserved, the lady on the front desk told us that all such rooms were filled; aqnd, in fact, my daughter was the second person that day who had been promised a wheelchair-accessible room
only to arrive and find none available. With the temperature of 99 degrees we did not feel up to driving around town looking for another room, and the lady on the front desk certainly made no effort to help us or re to correct the situation ( sorta like " I'm sorry we lied to you, but we are not going to do anything to help " ). Later, I informed that lady that no ice was available in the vending machines. Oh well.
Because the hotel is so near the highway, it is very noisy . Worse yet, the outdoor pool is open to 11 PM so screaming kids are there and running about throughout the motel, causing a great deal of noise .
When we departed in the morning, I explained to the front desk ladies that I did not feel it was fair to charge me full-fare for sticking us in a non-wheelchair accessible room after promising otherwise. Much later, the hotel manager called and said she would waive all charges, which I thought more than generous. She said further that the hotel had no wheelchair accessible rooms ?????
Who to believe ?? I don't like paying people to lie to me, so, hereafter, I will avoid all Best Westerns, not just this one. If Best Western believes it is OK to lie to customers, I will take my business/money elsewhere.

Respectfully,