“We had a blast!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hellgate Jetboat Excursions

Hellgate Jetboat Excursions
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Grants Pass
More attraction details
Owner description: Great for the whole family, enjoy Hellgate Jetboat Excursions in Southern Oregon! Our interpreted Jetboat tours of the “Wild & Scenic” Rogue River and famous Hellgate Canyon are one of a kind & our 360 degree spins will thrill the whole family! We offer 5 different trips including our famous Dinner trip to the Ok Corral where you will stop for an all inclusive family style meal along the Rogue River. To learn more about our trips please visit our website or check us out on facebook. We do offer school, group and tour rates.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had a blast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

We were in Grant's Pass for a wedding. The wedding party did the jetboat tour the day after the wedding and we decided to join them. It was sooooo much fun! It was neat to see the houses on the river and all of the people fishing. Our driver was fun and did some sharp turns to try and get us wet, but we were prepared...we had our rain coats with hoods! We did the brunch tour and the brunch was awesome. We had eggs, toast, biscuits and gravy, mimosas, and the list goes on. We had a great time all around.

1 Thank Zmanzbo

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Well worth the price and total fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

We went on the Quick and scenic which is a two hour boatride to the end of Hellgate Canyon. As others have said the tour guide/boats driver was very knowledgable and fun. We did 360's many times and you do get a bit wet, but it was a very hot day so it was totally welcome. My kids had a blast and I did not see one person that wasn't smiling. I would love to go back and do this again. The scenery is stunning and you feel like you are just soaring down the river.
It can make anyone feel like a kid again! I am still smiling!

2 Thank travelmania36
Elkhorn Wisconsin USA
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Wet and wild rampage on the river!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

Hellgate Jet Boat Tours was the best jet boat ride ever! I had experienced a jet boat ride in New Zealand, but this one was much better. We left the pier on the Rogue River at about 4:30 p.m. The day had been very warm; a perfect day for a river ride. Most people wore clothes that they didn't care if they got wet; I took along a light windbreaker and I'll tell you about that later.
We were part of a wedding party, and we were seated in front, but as our group didn't fill the boat, the back was filled with other riders and that was fine. Their exuberance added to the fun.
I expected the boat to do fast runs, spins and twirls in the water, but the pilot was an expert at slowing the boat and soaking the riders. It was so much fun to take a chance on getting wet. I used my windbreaker to keep my pants dry, and sometimes I put it over my head if a big wave was coming. The day was so warm that between the splashes, we pretty much dried off. My brother had a camera, and he acted fast to keep it dry. Some people brought zip bags along to hold things they did not want to get wet.
The pilot told about the river and pointed out items of interest; he stopped so we could see eagles and turtles. In addition, we saw a fawn and a yearling along the shore. He told us the history of Hellgate Canyon and slowed so we could see the formations.
On the way back, we stopped at the lodge (OK Corral) for a great meal served family style - BBQ pork and chicken, broccoli, cheesy potatoes, salad, a variety of bread and rolls, wine, beer, water, coffee. There was also a guy giving a raptor talk on the lawn with an eagle and a hawk; we were still eating so we missed what he said, but we could watch the birds from the deck where we ate; the entire eating area was unenclosed but was protected by a roof.
Since there were several jet boats, the pilots played pretend chicken and tried a little fake racing. Sometimes we would come upon a group of people with big water guns who tried to shoot us with water; they were usually unsuccessful and we would hoot and jeer as our boat sped off. Most of the people along the way, whether in boats or swimming, or walking or sitting along the shore, were very friendly and waved back at our cheering boat.
The ride ended just as the sun was setting. Who cared if we were damp? PIctures of us were available for purchase inside the lodge where we disembarked.
Advice: You might want to bring a dry T-shirt, to wear on the way home, or you could buy a new one there at the gift shop. I would recommend no cotton clothing - synthetics are great and dry pretty fast. Sandals or flip-flops would be fine; there is a walk uphill to the lodge where the meal is served. Some wore athletic shoes but I didn't; I didn't want mine to get wet.
Everyone loved the ride and the pilots observed safety, but made the ride fun! I would highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind getting wet! It was especially refreshing on such a hot day! It exceeded my expectations!

5 Thank Porpie
Federal Way
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a Blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

This was so much fun. we went on a hot day and what a way to cool you down. we did the dinner cruise. The food was great. all you can eat BBQribs and chicken, plus all you can drink beer and wine. What a deal for $57.00. We did several 360's. Will do this again!

2 Thank Head-elf
San Francisco, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun Time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

This is a fun activity for all ages. They have a hige gift shop and there's a restaurant across the street called "Tap Rock" which we didn't go to, but looked promising. Enjoy!