“Beautiful restaurant, good food”
Review of Tokyo Teppanyaki

Tokyo Teppanyaki
Ranked #104 of 208 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lots of interesting things on the menu here. The waiter pointed me in the direction of a "real Chinese" entrée. Sorry... it has a weird name so I don't remember it. It has noodles that are super thick (seriously like 1/8 inch thick). It was pretty good, but WAY too hot! It says that it's spicy and I said "medium" amount of spiciness but it was too much. So be careful about spicy stuff.

My husband had the sweet and sour chicken. The veggies were cooked perfectly (still crunchy) and it was really good.

Both meals were not the best thing we've ever had, but it was good. I will be back. The service was really great. Because the food was so hot I went through like 4 glasses of water. He kept my water filled.

The restaurant is just beautiful! They did a great job with decorating. Someone else wrote that the noise level was too much. I didn't have a problem at all. In fact I have a monthly girls night out and we are going to hit this place next time. I went for lunch so their special grill was not open. Very excited to try that and also their fondue once they get that menu going.

Excited to have this place in Grants Pass! Welcome!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Tokyo Teppanyaki

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Tokyo is a great addition to the list of Grants Pass Restaurants. We have been there twice now, and both times received great service and enjoyed delicious food served with entertaining flair from the Chef! If you've ever eaten at Benihanas, this place is just as nice and not nearly as pricy. The first time , we showed up Saturday night without a reservation and the host was able to quickly accommodate us. We sat at the grill, and got to watch the Chef prepare our meals. The menu has many choices; the grilled salmon/shrimp is my current favorite, but there are many other yummy choices. The staff is very friendly and the service is excellent. This is a place for all occasions, with or without children. We shall be returning often!!! They also make a killer Mango Martini!!

1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Terrible place and crappy people who run it, I had called to make a reservation a week prior to when we wanted to eat there, and I told them it was for my brother's 16th birthday. When we came that day the place was a zoo, we never got seated even though I had made a reservation, and I looked and even saw my name on the list for when the day and time I had made it for. Well the jerks bumped us for a much larger group and when one finally cleared out they told us that there were two parties ahead of us for the table. Apparently it meant nothing to them that it was a young man's birthday and only wanted to seat the big groups just to rake in cash. I heard from one lady that had eaten there already that both the food and service was crap, and she was 100% spot on. Don't give your money to these jerks, they never apologized for what they did and they are obviously awful people and I hope that they go out of business real soon. Oh, and I also hope one of the people who works there or owns the place sees this so they know what pieces of crap they are. Forget 1 out of 5 stars, this place gets a 1 out of 10 stars and a 0 out of 100%.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This new restaurant is very nice inside with the grills on one side and tables on the other, the food was good, we had the teriyaki chicken and when they served it, I thought to myself wow this looks good, and it was. But we had such a hard time with the noise level, it was giving me a headache, I've never been to a restaurant that was this loud. The waitstaff was a bit slow. But we'll go again and I would recommend this place to others.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Did not eat at Tepanyaki table. Regular menu is not quite sure what kind of cuisine it serves; a mixture of standard Chinese dishes but definitely not a hint of Japanese. Disappointing, since the Tokyo name would lead you to believe you might be able to order a Japanese meal. Ordered a "special" shrimp with an exotic sounding chili sauce which turned out to be sweet and sour shrimp, overcooked and surrounded by fresh, nicely cooked broccoli. A "special" beef dish was thin slices of beef in a cornstachy sauce, surrounded with, you guessed, fresh nicely cooked broccoli. The steamed pot stickers for our appetizer were barely warm. Overall impression: very noisy, standard American Chinese menu not very well executed and too pricey. With two drinks the total was $54.
Perhaps the Tepanyaki would be a better choice - I'll let you know.

2  Thank Maknn