“It's a diner but a good one”
Review of Herb's la Casita

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Herb's la Casita
Ranked #149 of 211 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We came winging through from Oregon Caves enroute to a play in Ashland with little time to spare. The service was quick and good, the food tasty and the menu quite large for a diner. Our daughter enjoyed her burritos, my wife liked her conquistadore sandwich and I got stuffed with their beef ribs (not much bbq sauce on them but the meat was tender and good). Prices were adequate. This is not the Ritz....but it is a very good diner.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Herb's has a good selection of dishes, including well seasoned mushrooms, and a chunky lobster in a savory sauce. Almost everything they do is good. The fries are very impressive in amount and flavor, the dessert section allows to combine ice cream with a pie and one of their burgers is even gigantic enough to suit my needs, which means it will suffice for any appetite.

The prices are somewhat in mid range, the service is usually good.

The restaurant is open until 9pm.

Adjacent to the Herb's restaurant and inseparable from it is Shenenigans, a bar with Karaoke which begins its service around 9pm. They have a variety of special drinks as well as hard mikes.

The DJs are all friendly and sing really well themselves. There are no fights physical or verbal between the Karaoke attendants, all is peaceful and friendly. Smokers have their own section outside.

The Karaoke part asks for an ID, though of course the restaurant itself does not. Worth a visit, one of the few interesting locations in Grants Pass.

The restaurant and the karaoke both are open every day in their respective hours.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were driving through Grants Pass on Sunday afternoon and wanted to stop for a place to relax have an inexpensive meal and a beer. The restaurant is in a hard to get to location on Rogue River Hwy next to a Burger King, but we managed it.
The interior of the restaurant was dated, in disrepair and not very clean. There were about 3 tables of customers and a few "locals" seated at the cafe-style counter. I went to the ladies room (which was filthy and smelly) and my husband got a table and ordered himself a beer.
A few minutes later an older, very surly waitress came to our table and asked "what do you want". My husband said, I would like my beer, I ordered it from the other waitress, did she tell you? The waitress said, "No, that figures." I asked her what kind of beer they had. She looked at me blankly, and didn't say a word. I asked if she had a beer menu she said "No". I asked if they served Fat Tire. She said said gruffly, "We have Coors, Miller, Bud on tap. The only specialty beer we have is Heifeweizen" I said, "Ok, I'll have one of those". My husband asked if they had Chili and was it homemade or canned. She said it's good, it is not homemade. He asked if they made Chili cheese fries and she said they did. So I ordered my BLT with chips and he ordered his Chili cheese fries. The menu was huge and had everything from Mexican, to American cafe style, seafood, breakfast lunch and dinner. The waitress was clearly upset about something (we gathered it was about the other waitress) as she was loudly discussing it with a customer at the counter. She delivered our food and just said "here you go" and left without asking us if we needed anything else. She never came back to check on us, the only time she came back was to deliver the check. When she saw that my husband didn't eat very much of his Chili cheese fries, she gruffly said" What's wrong with it, you don't like it?" He said "No, I just got full" She asked if he wanted to take it with us, and he said "No, thanks, we are traveling". He had his card out ready to pay and she said" Let me get this order out, and I'll be back to take this". We sat there for some time, and she never returned, so we got up to pay at the register. At the register, she never thanked us for our business, or gave us any decent, customer friendly remark at all. We thought about stiffing her, but didn't. It was evident in her body language, the way stomped around the restaurant, and her overall very poor customer service, that she was one unhappy lady. I don't know if she was the owner or an employee, but either way if any restaurant needs Gordon Ramsey's help, this one is it!

1  Thank redrazorgirl1982