“Nice surprise - awesome, friendly servers/sushi chef!”

Musashi's Japanese Cuisine & Sushi Bar
Ranked #33 of 206 Restaurants in Grants Pass
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Burnaby, Canada
“Nice surprise - awesome, friendly servers/sushi chef!”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We were craving for sushi after a long drive from Seattle, but was wary of sushi places in Grants Pass, but what a nice surprise to find Musashi. Friendly service, enjoyable conversations with the sushi chefs. Big portions, yummy food and lots of wasabi!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Abskiboo

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our favorite sushi restaurant in GP”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was shocked to read the review from misserinanne because this place has always been great. We love going there and do so often. The atmosphere is very friendly and we love sitting at the bar and chatting it up with the chefs. The food is fantastic and we have never had anything that was not the very freshest it could be. My favorite thing about the place is that they will make you anything you want even custom rolls.

1 Thank Kmclarke
Grants Pass, Oregon
“HOOOOOORRRIBLLLE”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I will never eat here again!! After the waitress seated us she handed us our menus and didn’t come back for about ten minutes. When she did she took our orders but I had to ask for her to bring us water. As we waited we noticed that the sushi chefs were talking with friends that had come in after us, and they had food already. My boyfriend and I were in shock when we heard one of the chefs say something to the other about where his oysters were. Then the other replied “Dude, those have been sitting there for a while, hurry up and serve them.” EWW! I wish I had said something to the people they served them too but I was too busy fuming. I called the waitress and asked her why our food wasn’t ready she said it would be right out. This whole time mind you my boyfriend wanted to just leave. When we got our food I noticed that we were missing the tomago we ordered. I asked the waitress about it and she said that they were all out except for one piece (generally you are served with 2 pieces) and considering my boyfriend and I planned on sharing it we told her we would do without. THEN, she comes back to us swiftly and with an attitude she says, “Here just have it for free.” No sorry, no, just attitude. The sushi was alright. The fish was fine, but I personally didn’t care for the nori. I called the manager the next day, left a message, and never got a response.

• Visited February 2011
Grants Pass
“Awesome sushi here. I love going there.”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

It is very nice going there they always make you feel welcome.The sushi is very good and beware the shogun drink it will catch up on you. it is by far the best sushi in town.

“Try the Oyster shooters”
Reviewed June 1, 2009