Motel Del Rogue
$229
Hotels.com
Best Western Grants Pass Inn(Grants Pass)(Great Value!)
$110
HIExpress.com
$105
Travelocity
$120
Buona Sera Inn(Grants Pass)(Great Value!)
$69
Discovery Inn(Grants Pass)
$65
All reviewsthe riverbeautiful siteback porchwonderful deckrustic charmstayed for one nightthe ritzconstancekevinkitchenettestovemoteldogchildhoodlawnfurnishingsportland
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am reluctant to refer to MDT as a motel, because what that conjures up for most people (at least for me) is this flat architecture, boring decor, and identical rooms that all face an expansive parking lot. Motel Del Rogue is anything but that. It is an absolutely charming inn-like establishment that is more like a lodge or even someone's group of guest houses. Each room is uniquely decorated. It sits on this wonderful peace property along the Rogue River. In the morning you are awoken by birds and the sounds of the river. You can brew your own fresh cup of coffee in the morning as well as have breakfast on a deck or by the riverside. The owners are the most friendly and relaxed people. And most importantly for us they allow pets. If you are looking for a chain hotel or an immaculate B&B, this is not the place for you; but if you are looking for charming, cozy, relaxing and friendly, Motel Del Rogue could be your bet.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank danielsonkin
Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you don't require the sterile, same-as-every other hotel, with all the mod-cons - then this is the place to stay.

I stayed in room 13, probably one of the most private ones, in terms of being at the far end. Very pretty setting. Grounds are overgrown, but I thought it added to the charm.

I was on a self-catered road trip, and loved the large retro kitchen which looked out onto the deck, garden and river. The deck isn't that private, but more private than most, and being late May, it was relatively quite - except for some very noisey neighbours who came and went all night and decided to air personal dramas outside at 5am. Despite being next to a main road, I didn't hear any traffic.

The room had a cute, simple lounge area, small bathroom, and lovely bedroom with a window overlooking the garden and river. The bed was very comfortable, I slept well - aside from the inconsiderate neighbours.

Wi-fi access throughout the whole motel is poor, though especially in my cabin, so Kevin was great in letting me use a free cabin with better wi-fi to do my internet stuff when needed.

I liked that the owners were helpful and friendly, while giving me my space (not too friendly, or constantly checking in with you).

I felt safe and very relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank to513
moteldelrogue, Owner at Motel Del Rogue, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for the review, it helps us to know what we can improve and what we are doing right.
We did figure out how to boost the wi fi signal and next time you will be able to use it from any room with no problem.

Constance, Kevin and Sylvia

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place was a little out of the box for us. We are usually chain hotels with pools kinda people, but i went strictly off tripadvisor for this one. We stayed in #5, which was a 1 bedroom one that slept our family of 5. Had a kitchen, which we didn't use - a small stove with half-oven, but a big refrigerator. Living room had a queen and daybed and then queen in bedroom. Room was clean, however we found quite a few ants crawling around. View of river is nice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cassieg_11
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place was a refreshing change from the sterility of chain motels. It's old school decor (see other reviews) creates a kind of funkiness (think of someone's old college dorm room furniture) but the rooms are clean. The balcony views out to the river are quite nice. But what really gets the fifth star is the friendliness of the people running it. In addition to general banter, I got some great "local" recommendations for places to eat which I never would have found on my own (laughing clam for dinner, eddy's for breakfast, and beckie's on the way to crater lake for pie). Thumbs up if you are ok with a somewhat funky atmosphere .

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tony K
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is a throwback to another era. The location is river resort-like and the rooms are old school eclectic and cute. You have everything you need including a little kitchen with dishes, pots and pans. All very clean. Most rooms have a deck with picnic table overlooking the Rogue River. The owners are exceptionally hospitable. Close to downtown Grants Pass.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family