“Wish we could have stayed longer......”
Review of Motel Del Rogue

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Motel Del Rogue
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
GreenLeadersGold level
lathrop
“Wish we could have stayed longer......”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stopped on our road trip to coastal Oregon...what a wonderful end to a long drive. We only stayed overnight, would've stayed longer but had already booked our stay on the coast. This place was like stepping back to my childhood at my grandma's house. Beautiful, homey, large room: cottage like, living room, kitchen, separate bedroom (which upon arrival, we found that they had upgraded at no cost). The owners were very friendly. We will definitely stay again if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank becky h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philly
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I don't know if I've ever had a better stay in a hotel. The bed wasn't new, but it was as comfortable as my bed at home.

Being right on the Rogue River was awesome - watched life just pass on by. Very relaxing.

Room had a microwave, and we popped some popcorn and watched TV for a while.

WHOA - now I know why Motel Del Rogue is so awesome - It's like HOME, but with great staff to take care of your needs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Just spent another splendid 5 days at the Motel Del Rogue with my Husband and our dog. We were joined by his Step-Mom and Aunt and and Uncle, all of them in their mid-80's. Kevin, Constance and Sylvia Marr treat us all like extended family. My Mother-in-law arrived two days before we did and Kevin picked her up at the airport in Medford (how many other motels will do that. . .and for no charge?) and also took her back to the airport, as she stayed an additional week after we left.

We had an amazing time doing nothing at all! The farthest I ventured away from the motel was to take our dog Mack to the dog park one day! The trail up the hill from the motel is such a great place to walk or run with the dog, there wasn't even a need to go to the park a second time.

The full kitchens in many of the rooms make it easy to eat in, and with several folks in their 80's who don't get around as easy as they used to, not to mention our 70lb dog. . .it was a pleasure to be able to make breakfast each morning and relax with a cup of the fantastic local coffee that the motel provides. None of that pre-packaged stuff most hotels call coffee these days!

We barbecued a couple of evenings at one of the many bbqs around the property. Briquets are thoughtfully provided by Kevin & Constance, and Brownie the hotel dog & our dog Mack were always on hand to offer to help with cleanup.

There are many things I love about this place; the wonderful view of the Rogue River, the Osprey's teaching their young to fly and hunt, the sense that you've stepped back into a different era, one where people enjoyed being together and relaxing without the tv always being on, but i really LOVE the PEOPLE who come here.

The Marr's provide an atmosphere where you actually want to get to know the other people staying at the Motel. People say good morning and ask about your day, they don't look away when they see you. We were not the only group there enjoying a family reunion and the day we left another group was due to arrive.

Sure, it's not a 4 star resort with 800 threadcount sheets or a fancy spa, but that's what sets it apart. This is a place to truly get away from the world for a while and really unplug.

Of course, for those that can't bear the thought of unplugging for a week, they do have free wifi!

I'm already looking forward to our return in September, when my husband and i get to spend two nights there all by ourselves, no dog, no relatives, just pure relaxation!

Room Tip: any one that overlooks the river is grand!
1 Thank weedebs
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Walt designed Main Street USA to be a little taste of what America was once like to him. If I were to design my theme park (and you could do worse) my "Vacationland" would be this Motel. So much of what's here has survived the past 70 years horrible trends and fads and it remains as the Lascoux Caves, as a rare spot to soak up what the world was once like.

Each room has it's own distinctive furniture, and charachter which fuel memories and dreams of the past.The last time I was there I spent a quiet evening enjoying a warm summer thunderstorm, sitting in a clamshell chair, smoking a pipe just as my grandfather might have done in the '40s.

The rooms are tidy little studios. The Kitchens are spacious, and have everything you need, but also have the feel of a place Lucy and Ricky may have spent the night on the trip with the giant trailer.

It would be redundant to go on about the kind owners, and conviniant location, beautiful view of the river, because people have gushed about all of this.

My pretty wife and I visit 2 or 3 times a year, often with family or other couples, Each time the place conjurs people's memorys; the conifer scent might take you back to1950s Estes Park or 1965 Russin River cabins. The sound of the river while you sleep might bring you back to Glenwood Springs. The cozy cabin might remind you of Sedona when it was really an artist town and not a gallery town; and the wind in the pines might take you back to summer camp at Big Bear.

A little thing I discovered on myown (but it's no secret) across the hiwy there is a perfect jog/walk path along a canal. It's about a mile long, away from road and protected from the sun by the thick forest. It's especially pretty in autumn, and between the trail and the Motel there seem to always be some ripe fruit on a tree of bush.

I also believe the coffee is my favorite of any coffee I've ever had. They giveyou a little jar of it, and it's truly spendid.

The Motel Del Rogue is in my view a reward for all the bad news and mean spirited blither we all endure these days. I think of it as remaining for me like a memory, and each visit it gets sweeter.

Room Tip: Each time I get a new one, it becomes my favorite.
4 Thank Gigantalope
Crescent City, California
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have stayed here twice and I can't wait to come back just for a "quiet" weekend. This lovely spot is so relaxing and peaceful, it brings a whole new definition of those words! The owners and staff are so friendly, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming and you just feel "at home". The river flowing by brings you down to a serene level that makes the Motel Del Rogue a little spot of heaven on earth!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DCtraveler49
Anaheim, California
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My boyfriend, our Boxer Bull and I needed a last minute place to stay in Grants Pass. At first, I was discouraged by the lack of online reservation system, but emailed them anyways because of the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. However, Constance was so fast at replying to my email there was no problem whatsoever and we were able to book the last pet-friendly room for the week of July 4th.

This place has charm written all over it, and you can feel it before you ever even get there. Constance and Kevin and their daughter Sylvia are the kind of people you feel like you've known your whole life, yet you just met them. They are so genuinely nice and helpful that it is contagious. How else can you explain a motel full of completely friendly strangers. At different times, each one of them made a point to introduce themselves to us and get to know us a little beyond the usual small chat. And when I did the unthinkable and locked us OUT of our bathroom (LOL) Kevin was there to the rescue in no time to remove the door handle...and never made me feel silly about it for a second.

The location was ah-ma-zing. My boyfriend has family in Grants Pass and has been there many many times...he was STUNNED by the location. It's literally on the Rogue River. Our room (as well as most of the others) had a patio that overlooked the river. There is also a little grassy area that the guests have access to that leads right to the river bank. My dog loved having this area, as well as another large grassy area in the front, to run around w/ the other dogs staying there and explore. It was also very convenient for the early morning and late night bathroom trips with our dog. It is about a 5 minute drive to the 199 and 5 freeways. There are several restaurants and grocery stores very close by as well. The downtown area is very close as well. On a map it may seem far from the action, but it is a small town and from the motel to the old town area where all the shops are is only a 7 - 10 minute drive. We also found a great hiking spot not too far from the Motel also.

We had Room 4. It had a queen sized bed that was super comfy, a pull out couch, a decent sized kitchen w/ a little dining area, good size bathroom and as I mentioned above a lovely patio that overlooked the Rogue. The bathroom was very clean w/ an awesome shower. The water is so soft in Oregon!! The kitchen came with every thing you would need to cook and serve four people. There's a stove, microwave, toaster and coffee pot. The TV had cable w/ all the good channels including The Food Network, Comedy Central and Spike.

Now, aside from the cleanliness, friendly atmosphere, location and all around wonderfulness.... there is one other reason you should absolutely stay at the Motel del Rogue. They are the pet-friendly motel for the uptight pet owner. Not that I'm uptight...I just want to make sure my fur child is as comfortable as I am. The pet-friendly room did not stink like one (thank god), they supplied us with dog biscuits and poop bags, there are two great grassy areas for the dogs to play and do their business...and they also have the sweetest dog Brownie that patiently played with my boxer. Some of the other hotels in the area have astronomical pet fees and there's was only $10. They never mentioned anything about leaving pets unattended, however we did bring a crate. However, one of our neighbors had their Springer Spaniel with them and when they had to leave her for four hours Kevin and Constance watched her for them. SO NICE!!!

I cannot recommend this place enough. No matter what kind of traveler you are I truly believe you will benefit from staying at this wonderful family-run motel. It is absolutely charming, affordable and in one of the most beautiful settings i've ever had the pleasure of staying. I can honestly say that from the moment we pulled up I never stopped smiling while we were at the Motel del Rogue. Thank you Kevin, Constance and Sylvia for simply being awesome!! Can't wait 'till we meet again!!

Room Tip: If you're traveling w/ a dog make sure you tell them! Not all rooms are pet-friendly.
2 Thank amg5150
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I stayed there for 3 nights. Our room was right on the river. It was so peaceful and beautiful. The owners were friendly and full of knowledge about the area. The place was clean and well kept. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2012