“Good value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed December 7, 2009

The location of the motel although in between two major roads was a quiet location, partly because of the large trees there. The motel has a year round hot tub outdoors - but on Thanksgiving day it was closed. Disappointment there. Enjoyed our stay in a large room (2 queen beds). I wished the towels were bigger - they were smaller than a regular bath size.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Redwood Hyperion Suites

Reviewed August 17, 2009

We have just returned from a three night stay at the Redwood Motel (Aug. 14 - 16, 2009). We arrived late and the person on duty was very nice and helpful, despite the late hour. She had even called earlier in the evening while we were on the road to confirm our reservations. The room was clean and just as described / pictured on the internet. There were six in our party and the room was perfect. Nice kitchenette area with small living room area with king sized bed in that room, separate room with two queen beds for the kids and jack and jill bath. The motel overall was very quiet and comfortable. My girls loved the heated pool. The breakfast is okay but not hearty enough for our taste. We will definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends.

1  Thank sherryclifford
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We reserved 2 rooms, each with a queen bed, a month before our trip. We were given a confirmation number. We arrived to find we had only one room. The second party was not given the promised rate on the second room but was charged the full rate and had to change rooms on a 3 night stay. If you recerve more than one room be sure you get a WRITTEN confirmation for each room !

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank unplugged919
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My sister who is handicap and I stayed at the motel this past week. We were booked into the new handicap room. The room was great, roomy, clean, had all needs for a handicap person except for the bed. This was the worse bed we ever seen. It was a murphy's bed that was there before the remodel and they should have replaced it. It was like sleeping on a sofa bed. Because of this bed we had the 3 days from HELL ! So because of that bed we have to give it motel a low rating.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank carmben
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I stayed here during a short trip passing through GP and was surprised at the convenient location, the beautiful rooms and remodel. (I stayed here years ago) and just the little things. Cookies at check in, gorgeous parklike setting, awesome pool/hot tub. I always tell my friends to stay here. Sure it isn't right off the freeway, but that's what makes it so nice! No road noise!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My hots off to the owner who keeps trying to keep it Oregon! I was surprised how sweet it was to see cookies and coffee waiting for us. I will be honest my Niece helps out there and I thought how sweet for me. But fooled to find out cookies are always there for all guest all night long. I was so excited to see No Smoking was posted and the Staff go out of there way to alert the smokers please respect the law. I know it gets its share of nasty reviews but understand every guest is not friendly but keep in mind the rates are fair and the rooms are out of this world clean. The staff is friendly and will try to do as much as they can. Keep Oregon, Oregon!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My son and I recently stopped for a one night stay, while on a motorcycle road trip from Canada to California. As we travelled, my wife, back in Calgary was internet searching and reserving accommodations for us. The major problem with this place is management's attitude which was surly and totally unapologetic. We had reserved two queen beds, assured of them actually, and there was only one bed in the room. No cot was even provided despite still being charged for two queen beds. Room telephone handsets did not work, and all manor of excuses made for that (no apology or suggestions though). It took my wife 5 long distance trys to finally get through to our room. We really needed the computer access, which was advertised, but when we tried to use the computer, found out that there are very limited hours and restricted access to the computer. The hotel actually removes the keyboard between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. How juvenile is that! The complimentary breakfast was minimal and a real disappointment. And again, many of these issues could have been solved with an apology and some effort on management's part to make things right. Even front desk staff were rude. The treatment and impression of this hotel has been a huge disappointment and we would advise folks to move on to another place if you need to stay in Grants Pass.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends