“Sweet Home Oregon”

Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My hots off to the owner who keeps trying to keep it Oregon! I was surprised how sweet it was to see cookies and coffee waiting for us. I will be honest my Niece helps out there and I thought how sweet for me. But fooled to find out cookies are always there for all guest all night long. I was so excited to see No Smoking was posted and the Staff go out of there way to alert the smokers please respect the law. I know it gets its share of nasty reviews but understand every guest is not friendly but keep in mind the rates are fair and the rooms are out of this world clean. The staff is friendly and will try to do as much as they can. Keep Oregon, Oregon!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2009

My son and I recently stopped for a one night stay, while on a motorcycle road trip from Canada to California. As we travelled, my wife, back in Calgary was internet searching and reserving accommodations for us. The major problem with this place is management's attitude which was surly and totally unapologetic. We had reserved two queen beds, assured of them actually, and there was only one bed in the room. No cot was even provided despite still being charged for two queen beds. Room telephone handsets did not work, and all manor of excuses made for that (no apology or suggestions though). It took my wife 5 long distance trys to finally get through to our room. We really needed the computer access, which was advertised, but when we tried to use the computer, found out that there are very limited hours and restricted access to the computer. The hotel actually removes the keyboard between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. How juvenile is that! The complimentary breakfast was minimal and a real disappointment. And again, many of these issues could have been solved with an apology and some effort on management's part to make things right. Even front desk staff were rude. The treatment and impression of this hotel has been a huge disappointment and we would advise folks to move on to another place if you need to stay in Grants Pass.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandi0725
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Don't let the nice exterior fool you - behind the facade is a nightmare. I was in town for a family reunion and stayed here for several days. Bugs in the bathroom and I woke up a couple mornings with bites on my legs. I woke up at 7:30 am each morning to the sound of saws and hammering by work crews in the room next door. I was refused a room change or a discount. I had my nephews come over to visit me for a couple hours and was charged $5 per person just to have them come by to visit. The manager rudely told me if I didn't like it I could leave. Even though I didn't have a car there, the manager told my nephews to move their car from in front of my room because it wasn't registered...even though there wasn't a single other car in the lot at the time! The continental breakfast is great if you like stale cereal and week old pastries. There are plenty of other places to stay in Grants Pass and I'll stay in any place but this on my future visits. To the owner of the motel: Please have the manager trained in common courtesy and customer service 101.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Televisonproducer
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Just got back home from a great trip in Grants Pass. We always stay at the Redwood Motel, as it is like home away from home. Our guestroom was quite roomy and very clean. Since we have young kids, they love the pool and the swings. This area is well maintained. They must have a great gardener. The lobby is nicely decorated and a great place to have breakfast. OUr children love all the breakfast choices. The staff was kind and very knowledgeable. WE used their advice for places to have dinner, and for fun along the Rogue River. I feel that anyone coming to Grants Pass would be very satisfied to stay here. WE are looking forward to our next visit in August.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Schoolsout12
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Check in was so easy! The girl behind the counter gave me a map of where our room was and told me about the VERY NICE pool and hot tub. She told me about breakfast and how she was making cookies and they would be ready in a few minutes and to feel free to come have one.
This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at! The people were friendly, the rooms were clean! I didn’t feel like I had to wear shoes in the room for fear of picking up some disease!
They are very “Kid Friendly.” In front of the hotel, there is a park-like setting with swings and grass. I felt very safe and comfortable there.
To the people who complained about the hotel not being “pet-friendly,” you knew that housecleaning would be cleaning up your messes. You should have tied up your little rat-dog until you got back for the day. You say you wouldn’t recommend the hotel to honeymooners, vacationers, single travelers… and the list goes on. The only thing you complained about was your pet. The list mentioned above doesn’t apply to your complaints. I say vacationers for any reason would appreciate the Redwood Motel. (And no, I am not a relative or employee of the Redwood Motel. I just say it how it is.)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelingToNowhere
Reviewed January 7, 2009

We were in Grants Pass because of a family birthday. We booked this hotel because they advertised pet friendly. We registered and checked in with our dog, Minnie. We even paid a pet deposit. We left Minnie in the room and went out to have a bite to eat. While we were gone, the manager came into our room and left the door open. Minnie got out. They didn't even call us to tell us that they had done that until we got back a while later. When we got there, understandably we were upset. There answer was to call the police and kick us out! Meanwhile Minnie who is a small yorkie chihuaha mix is lost in a city she's never been too right off a 4 lane highway!! It was a very tramatic weekend. We stayed all weekend trying to find Minnie and sick at heart. We even made a trip back there on Tuesday because of a tip by the humane society that they had spotted Minnie that morning. This all could have been avoided, and ruined the whole weekend.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank dougcinchris
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We just spent a couple of nights at the Redwood Motel and will be staying there again on our next visit. We've been looking for a clean, well kept place to stay when in Grants Pass and we've finally found it. We have family there and when visiting prefer to stay in a hotel/motel and not with family. In the last 20+ years that we've been going up there for family visits, this is the first time we have felt comfortable knowing the room was truly clean. We did not find it noisy and there were people with children all around us nor did we hear anyones TV. The bed was very comfortable and as you can tell, we enjoyed our stay. The motel is centrally located in Grants Pass so it's relatively easy to find whatever you're looking for. They offer a continentel breakfast of hard boiled eggs, pastries, fresh fruit, orange juice, tea and coffee that was very good. The people in the office were very pleasant and helpful. This isn't the Fairmont or Ritz-Carlton but Grants Pass isn't San Francisco or Maui, it's just a very nice motel in a very nice town and it's CLEAN.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank felinesStockton_CA