“This is an excellent place to stay in GP”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Redwood Motel several times in the past 2 years. This is an excellent place to stay! The rooms are very clean and many have been updated. The cost is very reasonable and the continental breakfast is good.

Room Tip: 4 of us stayed in the River Suite which was very roomy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KFM2012

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a place that you really want to keep to yourself!! What a gem. Very nice furnishings. Nice and clean. This is the second time staying at the Redwood Motel. It's never a disappointment. The only thing that I don't like is the paper cups provided for drinking coffee....pet peeve of mine!

Room Tip: There was no room service...But, there was a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank s0wens
Reviewed December 28, 2012

When we came back to our room at 11:00 p.m. we smelled the odor of marijuana in our room, which was coming from the room next door. All of the rooms on this side of the hotel were supposed to be non-smoking (I assume that includes pot). When I alerted the person at the desk, she called her manager, who told her to tell the people not to smoke in the room. She also informed the desk clerk that our only option was get a refund and leave, as the room upstairs probably smelled of pot too. So at 11:00 p.m. we collected all of our things and went out into the sleet to find another hotel. It is a shame, because the hotel looks so nice and our relatives who were in town for my daughter's wedding had planned to stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't have a pot smoker next door.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rooster_Whisperer
Reviewed December 27, 2012

On our way back from California we were looking for a place to stay overnight but not on the I5. We dropped in at the Redwood and were right away surprised by the friendliness of the helpful staff. The room we got looked more like in an expensive hotel. It had everyting we needed, was very clean and tidy, new and nicely furniture. We got a discount for AAA members, so the rate was less than $70 per night including breakfast. We had a good night sleep, the noise from the street didn't bother us since it was a holiday. We will stay there again when in he area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Quiet Location
Excellent Beds
Curb Appeal
Impeccable quality
All of this at an affordable price!

I stay here time and time again, always with the high level of consistent quality 1 would expect in a 5 star Hotel. The suites look like something out of a design magazine, the linens are of high quality and comfort and the entire ground celebrities are impeccable!

Here you are treated to a champagne taste at a microbrew budget!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Bionicwonder
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When planning our roadtrip to Reno, I decided to spend a couple of days in Grants Pass. I was about to book at one of the national chains and decided to stay here. My wife and I were very glad we did. It was only $70 ntly compared to $100 ntly at the closest chain. The room was large, recently updated, and we could park right in front. This place was better than all of the comparitively priced chains that we have stayed in. Pool and spa looked nice. The garden area was nice. Breakfast was the normal fare. The front desk people were nice. I would highly recomend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason K
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night while we were driving up north. For the purposes of arriving late at night and leaving first thing in the morning I would say that it was a comfortable enough place to stay, but any longer then that I do not think I would stay here again. Here is my summary:
- The rooms were very dark with only one small window and not a lot of natural light. The bathroom was also oddly shaped which meant that people could see straight into a part of the bathroom if the curtains were drawn (there was no bathroom door for this part)
- Although dark, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The rooms were also well heated although the heater as quite loud. We also could not open the wardrobe which seemed to be stuck together.
- The room came with wi-fi although this didn't really work. The wi-fi worked in the lobby but if you were more then about 4 rooms away from the lobby there was no signal strength and it was not usable.
- The gardens are pretty but are very small, much smaller then they appear on the hotel's website. The gardens were also very close to the road. If I had small kids I would not let them play on the swings unattended.
- The location seemed fine. Our rooms were quiet (apart from the heater!)
- Breakfast was also average.

Room Tip: Get in early for breakfast. The eating area is small and they don't seem to restock the food.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family