“this is a very comfortable, homey motel...great choice!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have stayed 3 or 4 times at the Redwood Motel and everytime I stay, it seems to be better. I love the landscaping! If you open your window, you can hear the little brook outside. The rooms are very nice, spacious, clean and upgraded. They have a fridge, a microwave and a workout room. I love the pool and spa. It is my preference everytime I go through Grants Pass, it just feels like home and the kids will not be bored.

Room Tip: The beds are very comfortable!! The staff is very friendly and accomodating
There are newer reviews for Redwood Hyperion Suites

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel is in a lovely setting with trees surrounding the motel. Unfortunately, our a/c didn't work when we came in that evening. The lady at the front desk came by to look at our remote control and got it working. Thirty minutes later we were ready for a good night's rest after a long drive. The a/c started dripping water on the outlet beneath and the floor. When we called the front desk we were told to "Put the trash can under it. I can't do anything about it tonight." When my husband asked if there was another room available, she was kind enough to offer another room. This room smelled awful! Obviously, pets had been staying here and left more than a little dog hair behind. We chose to stay in our first room. We were out enjoying the beautiful Oregon rivers the next day, so we didn't have time to deal with the management about the issue or move hotels. When we did see the manager, she said to be patient that the local a/c repairman was a busy guy. We just sucked it up and stayed another night subjected to water torture. The sad thing was that an apology was never offered, much less any type of reimbursement for our discomfort. I would not recommend staying in this motel.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I could not agree more with the previous post. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the rates appropriate. The property has been so well landscaped. The pool area is nicer than many more expensive hotels. But for the most part, the service fell flat. It is simple and easy to improve service. Put a smile on your face and people want to give you their business. I have paid less for a hotel room and gotten a better breakfast. The people working in the breakfast area seemed angry to have to restock the Costco pastries. The nicest conversation I had was with the lady that was cleaning our room. No one was actually rude but the lack of friendliness seems odd for a motel.

I would return because it was a relaxing place to spend a few days. Hopefully some of these reviews will be read by the staff and they will get a lesson in customer service by then.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a good hotel with nice furnishings, outstanding internet speed (15+ Mbits/sec), good quality toiletries, functional kitchenette, all in working order. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Exterior was clean and pleasantly gardened. I felt the price was on the high side, but not unjustified. As to the staff, I found the receptionists demotivated or unhappy - when I checked in, I was not made feel welcome and don't remember seeing anyone smile at me. Maybe people are overworked, or don't feel close to the hotel management. If they can improve the customer contact, I would give this place top ratings. PS: I agree with other comments that breakfast is too spartan and unaligned with the price. A waffle maker, some scramble eggs were missed.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed in the remodeled part. The room was beautifully done.. The bed was comfortable and the room soundproofed. I loved the beautiful landscaping. We would come back if we were in this area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We needed a one night stay for two families in Grants Pass and had booked the Shilo Inn, however the Shilo Inn's pool was closed when we got there. With 5 kids in our group, we needed a pool in the 95 degree heat, so we called this very clean looking motel down the street and they had the perfect accommodations for our two families. This is an independent property that is clean, in great shape with a mix of newer and older buildings. A very clean pool, and very nice landscaping and grounds. The continental breakfast was what you would expect in most places. The owner of the property was staying next to us in the family suite building and he said he had plans for a basketball court, bocci ball area, and more suites. This was a great find, and the best place I have stayed at in Grants Pass.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting family and friends in the area. We originally wanted to stay at another higher rated hotel but it was booked for the first night of our trip. We took a chance and decided to try Redwood. Within 30 minutes of checking in we had canceled our other hotel and booked two more nights in the same room at Redwood. We stayed in the new section and it was one of the best rooms we've ever been in. Brand new huge room with a king bed, beautiful bathroom, microwave and fridge. We enjoyed playing cribbage on the park like grounds and the pool provided some nice cooling moments amidst all the heat.

We're tentative to give such a good review in case the secret gets out and they start to charge more! We'll definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple