“Very pleasant surprise!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Grants Pass
Redwood Hyperion Suites
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Grants Pass
Eugene, OR USA
“Very pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We needed a one night stay for two families in Grants Pass and had booked the Shilo Inn, however the Shilo Inn's pool was closed when we got there. With 5 kids in our group, we needed a pool in the 95 degree heat, so we called this very clean looking motel down the street and they had the perfect accommodations for our two families. This is an independent property that is clean, in great shape with a mix of newer and older buildings. A very clean pool, and very nice landscaping and grounds. The continental breakfast was what you would expect in most places. The owner of the property was staying next to us in the family suite building and he said he had plans for a basketball court, bocci ball area, and more suites. This was a great find, and the best place I have stayed at in Grants Pass.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting family and friends in the area. We originally wanted to stay at another higher rated hotel but it was booked for the first night of our trip. We took a chance and decided to try Redwood. Within 30 minutes of checking in we had canceled our other hotel and booked two more nights in the same room at Redwood. We stayed in the new section and it was one of the best rooms we've ever been in. Brand new huge room with a king bed, beautiful bathroom, microwave and fridge. We enjoyed playing cribbage on the park like grounds and the pool provided some nice cooling moments amidst all the heat.

We're tentative to give such a good review in case the secret gets out and they start to charge more! We'll definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

We stayed for just one night in one of the newer rooms. Bed was comfortable, place was very clean but what I really liked was the large quiet ceiling fan over the bed. We will be back.......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

I've stayed here twice now, and the quality between visits was vastly different.

In the first visit we had a nicely appointed room for a good price and had no complaints.

The last time I visited the room was very old and it almost felt like I was at a different hotel. The beds were uncomfortable, the layout was odd, the bathroom was small. But the price was still the same (both booked within the same category).

Staff was nice, but almost too casual. Check-in was easy, but offered no help beyond that.

At least there's ample parking.

Still, for the options in Grants Pass, it is certainly your best bet if you don't want to stay at a chain property.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
RedwoodMotel, Owner at Redwood Hyperion Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
We sincerely regret when a guest is not completely satisfied with their
stay. This year the Redwood Motel aggressively invested over $400,000.00 in
rebuilding a section of the motel from the ground up and upgraded all rooms
to AAA-three diamond standards. We invite this guest back for a third time
to experience the improvements and attention to the details that they expect
and deserve.
Missoula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

After driving 12 hours, I knew the minute I walked into the lobby that this motel was going to be just what I needed! The staff were friendly, check in was quick and easy and I was able to park right in front of my room. The minute I walked into my room I was not disappointed!!! I'm rather picky about hotel rooms, and the 1st thing I usually do is look at the carpet, bathroom and check all the bedding.......the carpet was definately newer and extremely clean, the bathroom was sparkling and the bed was nicer than what I have at home!! The room was quiet, I've never slept sooo well in a motel room! The breakfast bar had a great selection and believe it or not, they make really good coffee! Was such a pleasant experience that I asked to stay another night so I could enjoy the beautiful pool area and get another great nights sleep. The staff had great restaurant recommendations for me, and were great with directions and knowledge of the Grants Pass area. Looking forward to staying there again next spring and bringing my dog with me......I was able to take a peek at one of their rooms that allows pets, and they're just as nice as the room I had! The Redwood Motel was definately a pleasant surprise and a great find!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

The grounds are attractive but our room, although clean and somewhat updated, proved to be small and difficult to move about...and did I say the walls were thin allowing us to hear all of the neighbor's movements? The lighting was very poor. The breakfast lacked anything of substance and was administed by a somewhat indifferent attendant. We would look for a different motel for our next stay in Grants Pass, especially given the high price for this room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank givesafig
Flensburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We've stayed at the Motel for a few days in March 2010 and we loved it just so much!!! My boyfriend and I are from Germany and we've been travelling around the US. I found the Redwood Motel in the AAA-guide book and we decided to stay there for a couple nights. Our room was very comfortable and nice and we also loved the hot tub, the pool and the gym! Everyone was so friendly and the woman at the front desk gave us some awesome tips during our stay. So she told us about Crater Lake, we went there for one day and it was so wonderful!!! We hope to visit the Redwood Motel some day again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple