Buona Sera Inn
$114
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grants Pass(Grants Pass)(Great Value!)
$93
$65
$155
$150
Travelocity
Knight's Inn Motel(Grants Pass)(Great Value!)
$69
$90
$69
All reviewsstarry nightkeurig coffeedecorated differentlyeach room has its ownmom and popwine glassescookie cutteryogurtbusy streetplace to staycontinental breakfastroad noisecomfortable bedsfull kitchenhome away from homeroad tripdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had read the previous reviews before deciding to stay and am so glad I did. I travel quite a bit for my job and get so tired of the sameness of hotel chains. From the kindness of the owners to the originality and uniqueness of each room, Bueno Sera is a place I will highly recommend to my friends and family. I looked forward to returning to my room after a long days work, feeling right at home. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Normally my wife and I do not stay in non-chain hotels, but we gave the Buona Sera Inn a chance because of its great reviews on TripAdvisor. As we pulled up to the parking lot after dark, we were a little apprehensive because it looked like a typical 50’s/60’s style U-shaped single-story motel where you park right in front of your room door. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but the quality of these Mom and Pop places can vary widely. I entered the lobby and asked the very friendly lady if I could see the room before I rented it, and she was quick to oblige . We were pleasantly surprised at the impeccable cleanliness and artsy décor. Although the room was on the small side, the bed was comfortable, the AC/heater unit was quiet, the WiFi signal was strong, the shower water was hot. The free breakfast was good, although it was just “continental” pastries, cereal, yogurt, etc. There is no dining room, so we took the food from the lobby to eat in the room. We stayed in room 11, the Tranquility Room. It is in the inside corner next to the lobby, so we were far from any road noise. There was a small tastefully-designed attic access panel above our bed, which my wife thought was creepy, but it didn't bother me and I didn't reduce my rating because of it. If we are ever in Grant’s Pass again, I would definitely stay here. This place reminded me of the cute B&B’s we encountered on our Ireland vacation. Oh, and the rate was very reasonable, much less than the chain hotels. Thanks, TripAdvisor, for helping us find this little gem!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed in room 14 which I think is the Romance room and it was comfortable and clean. We liked that there was hardwood floors instead of carpet. The staff is very friendly. While their breakfast is definitely continental and small, it is nice to have a little something before you get back on the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Best things: Beautiful lavender and purple sheets with the fluffiest towels I've had in a hotel yet. Real toilet paper instead of sandpaper. A quaint old fashioned décor. The shower was a step up with a molded seat and an adjustable rain shower head. Very clean. Owners were present and quite personable.

Worst things: There was an antique fragile looking love seat in the room which didn't face the non flat screen television and was some distance from it. I think I would have put a small table and a couple of chairs there instead. Good breakfast pastries but was mostly carbs but did feature a pod coffee maker and several cold juices. Breakfast was provided in the front lobby, which is very small so it's probably better to go there take what you want back to your room and sit on the antique love seat to enjoy.

Overall it was a great value and I would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mageith
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Exceptional quality and service expected in places far more expensive. The offered breakfast foods are perfect for my natural food diet. I am like the princess and the pea - my bed was ideal and had high thread soft sheets. UM!!! A spotless room and great hosts who are very pleasant and accommodating. If you are worried about the noise, just bring some wax ear plugs!

A no brainer in a neighborhood that allowed me to safely walk to whatever I needed.

Room Tip: Pick away from the road, if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business